what can i do to make my computer run the game better

Dmndeacon

I have a lenovo thinkpad T420s and it runs pretty much fine when outside in the game on low graphics, but when I go inside or any major fights it gets very laggy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I also have a macbook with boot camp I have not tried if that might be better but I doubt it.

This probably isn't what you want to hear, but laptops are horrible for running SWTOR unless it's a fairly recent gaming laptop. Your computer is considered a productivity/business laptop with integrated graphics and only 64mb of graphics memory. Compare that to a discrete graphics card that has 1000mb.

You can try all the regular stuff like keeping the graphics settings low in-game (which you've already done), lowering the screen resolution, making sure you don't have heavy-handed processes like antivirus scan going at the same time, that kind of thing. Most of all, make sure that your laptop is being cooled as much as possible. Overheating will KILL your performance. Put a ring of box fans around you and crank up the air conditioning. Use compressed air to blow dust out of all the vents and fans in the computer case. Set the computer on a hard surface, maybe even a laptop cooler. But seriously, I doubt any of these things will make it playable for you.

Or go build yourself a new desktop. That's what I did, because my 2-year old gaming laptop ran it horribly.

Edited by Ringzero

You really need to get yourself a new computer. Desktops are always a far better pick then a laptop of any kind. if your shoping around the market now try Ibuypower.com you can make some pretty good builds there and have the computer sent right to you for a fair price.

the most important hardware for a gaming rig is your graphics card. Yours is most likely the integrated type. You would want one that is independent. You can do several small maintanence type things to help things run a bit more smoothly. Try a drive cleanup and defrag. Also close as many background programs as possible to free up system resources. Do a spyware and virus scan to make sure there are no nasty programs on there using up your resources. That should help a little.