Can't go to fleet anymore before level 10?

BradenDoro

Hello,

I have a bit of alt-itis and haven't progressed much past level 10. However, after today's patch & re-patch I rolled up a couple of new characters with the intention of looking at the crew skills I haven't explored yet... and it seems like I can't access the fleets any more.

Is this a bug? I've looked at the patch notes and haven't read anything indicating this was a bug fix... so may I ask what is going on, if anyone knows?

Some of the crew skills are really nice to have before you actually leave the planet.

I hope this is a bug and not a change made on purpose.

Just running to the shuttle.

Previously, you did not need to be at that quest step in order to get to the fleet. You could run up at level 1 and access the Galactic Trade Network, or train up in crew skills, or any other number of things.

Just running to the shuttle.

Previously, you did not need to be at that quest step in order to get to the fleet. You could run up at level 1 and access the Galactic Trade Network, or train up in crew skills, or any other number of things.

thats what i would do, this will suck if they did change this, i would do this method to reach level 4/5 without doing anything :p but i could see why they did this then

That's a heavy-handed approach to changing what some may see as an experience exploit. The quest could have been made unobtainable until level 10, or something similar. There was more to do out on the fleet than just tradeskill as well.

I just ran into this, too. I dislike when they make changes like this and don't post them in the patch notes. It wasn't much of a leveling exploit because, if you talked to all the crew skills vendors, did all the quests on the starter planet, and hit all the codex locations, you still left at level 10, but being able to grab your crew skills early (especially scavenging and bioanalysis) allowed you to start harvesting on the starter planets.

Unnecessary restrictions do not add quality to the game play experience.

A friend of mine is level frigging 21 and is stuck now in Ord Mantell trying to help me troubleshoot this problem. It would be nice if they actually mentioned this in the patch notes; here we were thinking the zone was bugged. But he can't find any available quest lines now on Ord Mantell that lets him out ( since he solved them all ). What exactly has to happen before you can get to fleet now? Is there a particular NPC mission I need to solve or is it a flat level restriction for which he didn't get flagged-for-access?

They probably removed it because it was never intended for you to be able to leave early. Leaving earlier was likely an oversight or a bug. That or they did it to pinch goldsellers, as I have also heard that you can no longer mail credits to level 1 characters.

As for being unable to leave the planet at level 21, I find that really unlikely. I've had no problems getting in and out of Korriban on my level 30+.

Edited by Viera

I also found this tonight. I needed to make another character for our guild bank, and I find I cannot leave Korriban. I hope they put this back in, it's ridiculous to not be able to leave the tutorial areas if you want to.

The other option is to give us the guild banks we desperately need.

Well personally I think its dumb. Shouldn't players be able to play and enjoy the game in whatever style they see fit? Maybe I don't want to play a goober that talks like a goober to all the other goober NPC's in the starting zone who want me to solve some non-problem when I'd rather be sandboxing this game and omw to crafting something and PVP. YES I can appreciate that they put time and effort into making a highly linear storyline for you to follow, but not everyone is that type player.

As for being unable to leave the planet at level 21, I find that really unlikely. I've had no problems getting in and out of Korriban on my level 30+.

@Viera: Seriously?

OK I guess we're NOT sitting here observing this problem because you find it unlikely?! :D

I hope that this is a bug and not an intentional change. The fact that this appears to be missing from the patch notes gives me some hope that it's an unintentional change, but I'm not really convincing myself that this is the case. I can see this being a problem though, as indicated in the previous messages. I'd like to see the bug fixed or this changed back so that people can access the fleets at any time.

A friend of mine is level frigging 21 and is stuck now in Ord Mantell trying to help me troubleshoot this problem. It would be nice if they actually mentioned this in the patch notes; here we were thinking the zone was bugged. But he can't find any available quest lines now on Ord Mantell that lets him out ( since he solved them all ). What exactly has to happen before you can get to fleet now? Is there a particular NPC mission I need to solve or is it a flat level restriction for which he didn't get flagged-for-access?

If a character flew there on their own ship, they must leave by their ship; you cannot access the fleet shuttle if your ship is docked at the orbital station. You might try making sure your friend can get to the orbital station.

While i can see some people being angry with this BW did also have a post about alt's being bank toons and such. Personally getting thought the story line on the starter planet wasn't a challenge.

I can see some people being upset with a ninja fix like that but to me it makes perfect sense

Edited by Lamentari

While i can see some people being angry with this BW did also have a post about alt's being bank toons and such. Personally getting thought the story line on the starter planet wasn't a challenge.

I can see some people being upset with a ninja fix like that but to me it makes perfect sense sense

the quickest class ive had on imperial side to finish class quest without doing side quests is the imperial agent. you can still leave your starter below 10, IF you finish your class quest for it

Can you not get on the shuttle at all or just not go to the fleet? What about people who want to say, leave korriban to go to hutta and level with their friend whose toon started there?

you cant get on the shuttle at all

I also found this tonight. I needed to make another character for our guild bank, and I find I cannot leave Korriban. I hope they put this back in, it's ridiculous to not be able to leave the tutorial areas if you want to.

The other option is to give us the guild banks we desperately need.

The masses wanted themepark over sandbox and now you have it. Themeparks are fun huh? :)

Edited by Damon_Mott

You can't go anywhere. You are stuck on your home planet until you get to the point in the main quest where you are requested to go off-planet for whatever the next step is.

This is a heavy-handed, inelegant nerf to something, and I am not sure what. If there had been mention of this change in the patch notes perhaps I wouldn't be so critical of it.