I think it's about time we've received invisible head piece.

We've got everything now. Gloves, chest, underwear, boots, bracers, belt... But no head!

I think it is about time that we've received an invisible (covert energy?) headpiece. One might say that it is pointless since you can hide your headpiece but there are PLENTY of people who would appreciate being able to wear an invisible helmet that is also forcing the HOOD OFF.

What do you think guys? Would you sign?

Please, Bioware. I wanna wear my Temple guardian outfit more often. It features hood up and down so being able to force it off with a headpiece would be great.

since when have they had invisible pants (underwear)? Last I heard that one was missing too.

Not that ugly *** grey underwear is very appealing, its just has been a long requested feature and figured I would have heard about it...

New reputation vendors.

Covert energy helm to force a non-graphic hood-off look is so needed and I don't understand why it's not in game yet, people have been asking for it since the release of the first covert items. Some people have said it's because it makes the f2p hide helm fee that many people buy no longer needed, but all BW has to do is make the Covert Helm more expensive to buy the the f2p account unlock for hide helm. People would still buy it at a high price point to get rid of hoods and any f2p trying to cheese the hide hood fee would actually be giving BW more money than if they bought the hide helm unlock in the first place. Win/win/win, it's all around win.

since when have they had invisible pants (underwear)? Last I heard that one was missing too.

Not that ugly *** grey underwear is very appealing, its just has been a long requested feature and figured I would have heard about it...

It doesn't have to stay grey any longer, there are dye slots in the cartel vendor version of it. (tho it's still ugly underwear, at least it doesn't have to be dirty/dingy gray)

We've got everything now. Gloves, chest, underwear, boots, bracers, belt... But no head!

I think it is about time that we've received an invisible (covert energy?) headpiece. One might say that it is pointless since you can hide your headpiece but there are PLENTY of people who would appreciate being able to wear an invisible helmet that is also forcing the HOOD OFF.

What do you think guys? Would you sign?

Please, Bioware. I wanna wear my Temple guardian outfit more often. It features hood up and down so being able to force it off with a headpiece would be great.

Excellent idea, if you want the hood down, make the covert head visible. Yet it is still not. :) there is head bands that make the hood down, but I usually don't like the looks of the headband. a Covert version would make this perfect.

Honestly, I am rather baffled as to why we don't have this yet. Or at least adaptive versions of some of those hood-hiding circlets that are ubiquitous Republic side, but non-existent Imperial side. But no, we just get loads of helmets and masks and unobtrusive headpieces that do not hide headgear. :confused:

Agreed, although i wouldnt hate hoods so much if we werent BALD under them :mad: (especially the super open ones that show the baldness in all its nasty ugliness)

Agreed! And there seems to be a trend lately that they make hoods designed specifically to fit well over, and show off, a full face mask. I like hoods, but I do not like full face masks and I do not like this trend. >.<

The Temple Guardian robe mentioned by the OP is actually an excellent (unfortunate) example of this. It looks really neat with the full face mask but horrible without, unless you intended your character to be bald. Well, except for Twi'lek, it looks amazing on Twi'lek without the mask. If only we had some magical invisible headpiece that had the same effect . . .

I wouldn't mind hoods, helmets if it didn't t urn my character into some hospital patient aka no hair. Like come on, I want my hair still just have the helmet form over it it..., at least give a hair animation to go with it that matches color of your hair. I hate turning to look at my face and realize that under that hood is no hair.

Yes it would be nice to be able to wear a ROBE with the ability to put the hunt down without the need of having to put on something on your character's head to force the right to go down as it is right now the only options we have is HIDE HEAD SHOT and sometimes to be able to wear a rolled without the mud on you have to put something like a mask on and that just ruins the look and Carly I want to be able to wear a robe of without having to put something extra on my head so I can run around up with the hot off and still wear when I won where

I was like "why would someone suggest something like this?" when I read the title but seeing this as a solution to peolpe who wants to hide hoods I support this suggestion.

Not only this. The "hide helmet" setting doesn't work for companions in cutscenes and ship conversations, so I would buy and account-unlock that invisible helmet in a heartbeat. (Or I guess, Bioware could... well... fix the "hide helmet" setting for companions? And "unify colors"... and dye modules... )

Edited by Mubrak

Not only this. The "hide helmet" setting doesn't work for companions in cutscenes and ship conversations, so I would buy and account-unlock that invisible helmet in a heartbeat. (Or I guess, Bioware could... well... fix the "hide helmet" setting for companions? And "unify colors"... and dye modules... )

I don't think they are too concerned about fixing long standing companion bugs (*cough* Vector *cough*) so getting a workaround we'd have to pay for seems far more likely. :rolleyes:

I support this idea 100%. We all know how long we've been clamoring for a hide hood option, and if this would fit the bill, I'd be ALL for it! (Additionally, it would be a GREAT choice for players who also like to customize their companion looks, because as we know, in most cut scenes it doesn't matter whether or not you've toggled the Hide Helmet option for your companions; they're still wearing them and may end up being faceless for what ought to have been an emotional moment.)

And I think the suggestion above to just make this piece of armor cost more than the hide helm unlock, in order to still get money from the F2P while also getting even more money from the subs who would leap at the chance to hide hoods... well, it's great. Hard to see how anyone loses here, and BW/EA particularly win. Yes, people could buy it off the CM and then sell it on the GTN to F2P... but even then BW/EA would still have gotten the higher ticket $$ out of the initial purchase, and additionally most F2P with the credit cap won't be able to afford the prices they'd post it on the GTN for anyway.

Honestly, I am rather baffled as to why we don't have this yet. Or at least adaptive versions of some of those hood-hiding circlets that are ubiquitous Republic side, but non-existent Imperial side.

Exactly!! At least Republic side has multiple options in headband headgear to hide hoods if you really want it (even if most of them are not attractive), but the Imperial side has none that aren't some weird chin hugging mesh. Given the ubiquitous flood of new outfits the game keeps pouring out they clearly do realize that "fashion" is a big seller, possibly the biggest, and yet Imperial side players are really tied down to a particular aesthetic whether they like it or not, having even less band-aid options for the hood question than Republic side players do.

And in case there are assets devs reading this, and in case, by some bizarre circumstance, they don't know exactly which head pieces really do hide hoods and they might need an example to base coding off of... the Consular's Headgear on Republic side is one such piece. ;-)

Edited by JediBoadicea