Beginning of KOTFE Chapter 16 IMPOSSIBLE

HibbyChibby

I've been trying to get past the Skytroopers at the start of Chapter 16 for a few hours now, and I still can't beat them since I keep getting frozen and companions can't heal when frozen, so I'm pretty much screwed there. I've tried tanking as well, and it works better but I still die every time. Does anyone know how to get past this section and if so, please share.

What's your gear look like? It's possible you are undergeared if you are unable to weather the damage.

Check the fleet vendors for your level, and drop some mods in some shells to get up to a sufficient level if you aren't maxed out - just the green level mods will do, and they are dirt cheap.

What's your gear look like? It's possible you are undergeared if you are unable to weather the damage.

Check the fleet vendors for your level, and drop some mods in some shells to get up to a sufficient level if you aren't maxed out - just the green level mods will do, and they are dirt cheap.

Is gear ranging from rated 210-228 good enough?

Is gear ranging from rated 210-228 good enough?

Normally I'd say so, but it does raise the player skill level that's required. Try to get everything (all 14 pieces)(1) in blue-220 or purple-228.

Make sure it's appropriate for your class/discipline. If you're not in a tank discipline, don't use modifications (or gear) with Defense, Absorb, and/or Shield, as these are useful only for tank characters.

If you are level 70, you should be getting Command Crates. Don't *just* throw away or disintegrate the stat-bearing gear that they drop for you (unless it's duplicates). First off, it's appropriate for your class/discipline (see above), and second, it's better than anything you can wear at lower levels. Save the Command Tokens (in the Currency tab of your inventory panel) and take them to your class's Tier 1 vendors in the Supplies section of the Fleet to buy purple-230 "Eternal Commander MK-3" gear.

Use the combat training dummies that you can find in various places (parts of the Fleet, all starter and capital worlds, in your player ship if you've bought the perks) to get your "rotation" running smoothly.

Pick good utilities from the "K" panel. Read their tooltips carefully when choosing them.

On a related note, read the tooltips on *all* your abilities carefully before you go into combat where it matters if you know them or not. (This is the voice of experience talking here. This particular fight is not one where you'll have the luxury of stopping in the middle of the fight to read them, as I did once in the bonus-boss fight in Black Talon.(2))

(1) Head, Torso, Gloves, Belt, Legs, Boots down the right side = 6, Earpiece, Implant, Implant, Wrists, Relic, Relic on the left = 6 more, main hand and off-hand weapons or similar = 2 more, total 14.

(2) I am not making this up. It was about a month before KotFE came out, and I was playing BT on a class I hadn't played before at all. I had to stop fighting the boss in order to read my tooltips to work out what I could to in order to not die.