(Suggestion) Tactical lana beniko bikini CC store

ShieldProtection

I don't care about bikinis, but I would like to see an item [or better yet, just fix it already] that changes Lana back to the look she had in SoR. The kotfe Lana looks really unappealing. I gather they did to indicate the passage of time, but you'll notice Theron still looks exactly the same, not to mention all your comps.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/spWW8kvEbNc/maxresdefault.jpg

Whenever I see one of those companions in those skimpy costumes on Hoth or Ilum I have to wonder just how many steps they'd take IRL before dying of hypothermia and frostbite. And then they wouldn't smile to look pleasing to their men! :rolleyes:

If we make some basic assumptions of the temperatures on those planets as being comparable to the Arctic/Antarctic based on my own experience of ultra-cold temperatures (I live in Edmonton), frostnip would be about 30-60 seconds, true frostbite in about 2-5 minutes (depending on windchill/shelter), which is also around the time hypothermia would start to set in.

That being said, they would actually probably make quite a few steps before dropping. They will be truly miserable steps, but the human body is quite remarkable at surviving low temperatures, even if you lose some fingers and toes in the process.

Subtract a bit of time for Vette and Ashara, as their lekku would likely cool them down faster (though Ashara could probably warm herself with the Force so all bets are off there...)

Sorry, had to bring a little science to this... enlightened... topic.

If we make some basic assumptions of the temperatures on those planets as being comparable to the Arctic/Antarctic based on my own experience of ultra-cold temperatures (I live in Edmonton), frostnip would be about 30-60 seconds, true frostbite in about 2-5 minutes (depending on windchill/shelter), which is also around the time hypothermia would start to set in.

That being said, they would actually probably make quite a few steps before dropping. They will be truly miserable steps, but the human body is quite remarkable at surviving low temperatures, even if you lose some fingers and toes in the process.

Subtract a bit of time for Vette and Ashara, as their lekku would likely cool them down faster (though Ashara could probably warm herself with the Force so all bets are off there...)

TYVM...

Me personally.. I'm looking for a coat and pants similar to the Hoth outfits worn in the Empire Strikes Back. We have enough slots for customized looks for our characters … and would take like 10 seconds to change out our companions outfits !!

Any time you see one of these threads .. sooner or later .. yeah ! It kind of goes side ways !

I still don't see the problem with a smile from time to time ! It does tend to help one's day ! Some never do. I know of one or two right now in RL experience that if they did smile I honestly think that their face would break !

So ! Yeah ! A good smile from time to time … that's a good thing! ( At least to me it is )

Because all the male characters who are busy fighting a war are smiling a lot too, right?

read it again, he was talking about 'THAT' woman, as in lana, who doesn't smile a lot......even when not fighting. Also, some of the male companions do smile a lot, especially doc, corso, and cedrax ;)

I will say, the extreme rarity of openly skimpy armor makes it a pain when mix-and-matching that involves it at all. Any attempt to use them at all as part of a notably non-skimpy set often looks absurd.

There is very little in-between "exotic dancer" and "taking a trip to hoth."

And using a piece from one skimpy set with another is nearly always a stylistic clash because the skimpy sets tend to be very distinct styles and there's little overlap in style when you compare the different options.

As an example, basically every top that isn't the dancer top looks some degree of stylistically absurd along the lines of "this is that dream where I forgot to put on pants" when combined with dancer bottoms. And the dancer top's flap ensures that most bottoms will look absurd when combined with it as well, along the lines of, "I wanted to be an exotic dancer, but then I decided to go into construction."

Then there's pieces like the relaxed uniform top that barely matches the style of its own set, let alone anything else, and seems hellbent on restricting the bloodflow in your arms. How that's relaxed is beyond me.

Or the relaxed tracksuit/jumpsuit tops, which have the kind of straps where it seems like you'd genuinely need help getting into it. So that... you can... relax? "Relax." I see it now. ;)

Or how about the relaxed vestments, which do genuinely look relaxed, for real this time, but clip like a mofo.

We need some stuff that is relatively generic and simple in its style, that can bridge the gap between these stylistically unique "my way or the highway" armor sets.

That said, I wouldn't say no to an armored bikini of sorts (with a male version too of course, if done at all!), though it seems too on the nose for Bioware for some reason. Something akin to Darth Talon would technically still be Star Wars, but they seem reluctant to go down that road. Maybe for image or marketing reasons, I don't know. The skimpy sets seem to be the most high demand in terms of what they sell for, but I'm sure they have plenty of RPer types here who consider environment-related attire to be far more important and they are, perhaps, trying to meet the demand of those people with a sparse art budget for new outfits.

read it again, he was talking about 'THAT' woman, as in lana, who doesn't smile a lot......even when not fighting. Also, some of the male companions do smile a lot, especially doc, corso, and cedrax ;)

I don't need to read it again. Lana doesn't need to smile any more than a stoic male character like Aric Jorgan or Theron does.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Love it! Not the freezing to death or the skimpy costumes, but the science.

They do mention that Ilum has vicious wind, that would not help matters.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Purple, not red.

Oops, my bad. It must be Shae Vizla who has the red undies.

Regarding the temperature on Hoth and science. One thing that is often overlooked in science fiction in general is that all these planets would be of different sizes resulting in varying gravity, and also have varying atmospheres.

I've always told myself that they use repulsers and/or artificial gravity, and breathing inserts, plus the force, to compensate. The same could go for temperature - the force (or force-like generators) could regulate their temperatures when they are on Hoth or Tatooine, etc.

Also, there is a set of cold weather armor. Polar Exploration Armor Set

Also - Lana doesn't need to smile. The "bad boys" (or girls) that want to hang with the "suicide squad" chick, don't want her to be all giggly. 😅

Edited by JediQuaker

Oops, my bad. It must be Shae Vizla who has the red undies.

Regarding the temperature on Hoth and science. One thing that is often overlooked in science fiction in general is that all these planets would be of different sizes resulting in varying gravity, and also have varying atmospheres.

I've always told myself that they use repulsers and/or artificial gravity, and breathing inserts, plus the force, to compensate. The same could go for temperature - the force (or force-like generators) could regulate their temperatures when they are on Hoth or Tatooine, etc.

Also, there is a set of cold weather armor. I forget the name atm.

Also - Lana doesn't need to smile. The "bad boys" (or girls) that want to hang with the "suicide squad" chick, don't want her to be all giggly. 😅

there's two sets i believe, one was from the cartel market exclusive, and one came from the hypercrates

can't remember the names either, polar something or other was one.

Love it! Not the freezing to death or the skimpy costumes, but the science.

They do mention that Ilum has vicious wind, that would not help matters.

Yah, only thing that will kill you faster than bad windchill is freezing water. (in fact, you cool about 25 times faster in water than in air).

Ilum does have the advantage of having lots of cliffs and crags and the like, so you could probably find at least some shelter

lol I live in Edmonton too, and it's pretty funny to see it used as a baseline for comparison to Illum.

Edited by Ardrossan