Intimidating Roar is unbalanced

Kraigan

Have you ever noticed that Intimidating Roar always lasts for the full duration? Do you know why? Because it's easy as hell, even for complete morons to tell who is cc'd because those affected are rolling around on the ground.

The Jedi version...not as easy for morons to tell who is cc'd and thus it gets broken more often and is less effective. Just another example of how Republic gets screwed because of "flavor" animations...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

always last for full duration? lmfao good one, the actual full duration is 6 seconds, and that more or less NEVER happens in pvp.

Also It breaks on damage.

This is one of only 2 cc abilities marauders get, there is absolutely not justification for whining about it.

do reps get screwed in flavour of animations as you say? sure I agree to this, I play a sentinel and a marauder and my marauder has far better animations, but the intimidating roar animations are low on the list of whats annoying tbh.

Edited by Munx

Look, what I'm saying is that it is more likely for it to last its full duration than it is for the Jedi equivalent, because the difference in animations is so EXTREME, that even idiots know not to hit the people rolling around on the ground...

Have you ever noticed that Intimidating Roar always lasts for the full duration? Do you know why? Because it's easy as hell, even for complete morons to tell who is cc'd because those affected are rolling around on the ground.

The Jedi version...not as easy for morons to tell who is cc'd and thus it gets broken more often and is less effective. Just another example of how Republic gets screwed because of "flavor" animations...

Also worth noting is that is fills all resolve bar, like all warrior CCs. cry somewhere else...

omg yet more people writing in a forum not knowing what they are talking about.

its simple

1. imps cause people to flail on the ground which is clear that people are being controlled and cause people to know not to attack them. any halfwit could see this and know.

2. reps cause them to stand there shaking back and forth while holding their heads which many people do not realize that they are being controlled.

its clearly a significant factor that many people have noticed.

stop trying to say its fine to try to keep your slightly better. if ours made people assume the fetal position would it be so bad?

You know, I agree with this. The Awe animation looks extremely similar to the animations of stuns from several other classes - which do NOT break on damage.

Bioware should fix this.

In all seriousness. Yes, the animation is sooooooo much more obvious than the Republic counterpart that it is a distinct advantage for coordinating damage and CC.

lol your stupit

Actually, I think this was done intentionally. The devs know that more children play on Empire and therefore make their CC animations easier to understand.

So you're saying that they should have correctly assumed the Republic were the children that would need animation assistance.

i have yet to see it last full effect due to Pugs aoe & noob breakers etc

You don't play on Republic. Again, the effect is excellent for coordinating CCs when faced against a good team. I mean, they can back to back this sucker for 12 seconds of straight CC? It is a 6 second CC, yes?

Yes, morons will break it but are far less likely to break it than the Republic counterpart due to it's more obvious animation.

Edited by Raggok

always last for full duration? lmfao good one, the actual full duration is 6 seconds, and that more or less NEVER happens in pvp.

Also It breaks on damage.

This is one of only 2 cc abilities marauders get, there is absolutely not justification for whining about it.

do reps get screwed in flavour of animations as you say? sure I agree to this, I play a sentinel and a marauder and my marauder has far better animations, but the intimidating roar animations are low on the list of whats annoying tbh.

did you even read the OP? I mean really

If this is the one that knocks us down and makes us wiggle on ground, yes, yet another animation issues for republic.

The getting up animation roots us in place until we fully stand up extending the actual "stun" duration by one second.

Much like sage rocks not being instant damage like lightning and scoundrel shotgun being slower than knife.. it adds up.

Edited by Mudou

Dont be a noob then & cc/push the tank away from main grp before he can pop it so i say his team deserves the win if you fail to see a skilled tank on the WZ field.

Face palm.

Do you even know what ability we're talking about? And which classes have it?

Edited by EternalFinality

Dont be a noob then & cc/push the tank away from main grp before he can pop it so i say his team deserves the win if you fail to see a skilled tank on the WZ field.

Okay, will CC and push away a tank whenever they get close to a group. That is the obvious solution to the animation inbalance. :p

And, yes, to the other poster, it's the animation that has you wiggling on the ground like a baby or an elderly woman being swarmed by killer bees.

Edited by Raggok