Community Livestream: Which AC to Play?

EricMusco

Which Advanced Class Should I Play on Stream?  

275 members have voted

1. 1. Which Advanced Class Should I Play on Stream?

• Sniper
    • Operative

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

First, I want to thank all of you who joined me for the start of our weekly livestream. I had a great time and I hope all of you did as well. If you missed it, here is the archived video:

Part 1

Part 2

While playing, the stream decided that I would be playing a Dark, Imperial Agent, on The Prophecy of the Five server. I ended the session at level... 6? 6 sounds right. I am guessing that next week when we play I will get close to, or achieve, level 10. When that happens it will be time to choose my Advanced Class and I want your help! Simply vote in the poll above, should I go Sniper or Operative?

Cast your vote and I will see you on stream on Friday.

-eric

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many are going to vote Sniper if only to make Eric feel the nerf of Orbital Strike? :rak_03:

EDIT: Also, first!

Considering the level of that ability, it would be a while before he gets to it and it effects both classes to a degree anyway. That said, I voted for Sniper as I think it is more of a challenge than Operative to begin with.

Why did you choose to play the most OP class in game? You should try Sage - Seer healing and you will see how they are useless in PVP and many times in PVE when movement is needed...

Anywas choose Operative to be unbetable as you like it.

Why did you choose to play the most OP class in game? You should try Sage - Seer healing and you will see how they are useless in PVP and many times in PVE when movement is needed...

Anywas choose Operative to be unbetable as you like it.

Read, "the stream chose"

He didn't choose. He took popular opinion.

Eric, I'm super glad you've ended up on my server...Now to see if I can get out there and find you. I'll just look for the gaggle of forum fanbois fending off the inevitable swarm of gankers :p

• Dev Post
Yes Eric, if you choose operative, PLEASE play as concealment...I'd love for someone behind the scenes to see just how frustrating that spec can be :)

Though by the time you reach end-game...the "buffs" will take effect no doubt.

I said this on the stream, but just as a note I have played Concealment since launch :) It was my first 50, my second 55, and my main currently. I love Concealment. That "knife" noise is just the best.

I also entertained myself for far longer than I should have rolling around the fleet throwing snowballs.

-eric

I said this on the stream, but just as a note I have played Concealment since launch :) It was my first 50, my second 55, and my main currently. I love Concealment. That "knife" noise is just the best.

I also entertained myself for far longer than I should have rolling around the fleet throwing snowballs.

-eric

I wouldn't play something you already know like the back of your hand...

I share the first reply's sentiment... go MM Sniper, get to 55 before 2.6, enjoy OS while you can, and then play it some more after 2.6 and let us know your actual thoughts on this change compared other classes AoE abilities... just my 2 cents :rak_03:

• Dev Post

I share the first reply's sentiment... go MM Sniper, get to 55 before 2.6, enjoy OS while you can, and then play it some more after 2.6 and let us know your actual thoughts on this change compared other classes AoE abilities... just my 2 cents :rak_03:

I don't disagree with that either! I will play what the stream/forums decide :)

-eric

You are aware that operatives get the OS as well, right?

-eric

Oh I see now...you convinced the combat team to buff the hell out of concealment DPS for 2.6. :p

People are trying to get you to play the class and spec you are already most comfortable with...Well...that's just boring...Hell, for all we know, you are playing on the server where your current main is located.

Throwing snowballs from stealth then phase walking out or range ftw.

Space bar more and use exp boosters so you can get to Tat sooner...Us PoT5 people want our server breaking open world PvP. :o

Also...

Operative animations and sound effects >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> scoundrel animations and sound effects.

-eric

:( I didn't get to watch the stream. But if you've played as concealment since launch...I have to ask...WHY? After the massive nerfs the class saw...you honestly didn't pick up a different spec?

Anyway...if it's something you've always played, then I'd say try medicine, or just go full dps with the sniper. Engineering is fun, it's what I'm currently running on my sniper. Though...my play is entirely PvP focused.

It's a little late to start polling the forums for important choices now, you should probably just continue to go with whomever speaks up first on the Live Stream or move this poll to the relevant server forum.

Imo, it has lost whatever general interest it may have had.

Hey everyone!

First, I want to thank all of you who joined me for the start of our weekly livestream. I had a great time and I hope all of you did as well. If you missed it, here is the archived video:

Part 1

Part 2

While playing, the stream decided that I would be playing a Dark, Imperial Agent, on The Prophecy of the Five server. I ended the session at level... 6? 6 sounds right. I am guessing that next week when we play I will get close to, or achieve, level 10. When that happens it will be time to choose my Advanced Class and I want your help! Simply vote in the poll above, should I go Sniper or Operative?

Cast your vote and I will see you on stream on Friday.

-eric

You should play an AC that will be non-viable in PvP, perhaps the combat team might get some better insight of how to perhaps get them up to speed. :)

PS: How are arenas working out after removing 8 man ranked? Splendid idea.