Plans are useful from Command Boxes?

Calhan

Hi !

Are the plans from the command boxes useful in any version or can all be right there desintegrated because the Legacy Armor with the actual modifications are better in all way ? Hope you understand what I mean.

Greets

Calhan

Hi !

Are the plans from the command boxes useful in any version or can all be right there desintegrated because the Legacy Armor with the actual modifications are better in all way ? Hope you understand what I mean.

Greets

Calhan

If you've managed to never find Eternal Commander or Iokath gear of any weight for, say, your chest, using an Iokath MK-4 (crafted, tier 3) chest will do very nicely until you do manage to find one. And they are also useful at higher levels for making gear for your alts who are only at tier 1. Schematics for tier 1 gear (Eternal Commander MK-4) are much less useful, though, because of the availability of tier 1 purple set-bonus gear for Command Tokens.

That said, I've had so many by now that I disintegrate them anyway.

I'd say use only crafted 246 pieces until you can get 248 BiS piece. Everything below that is pure waste of materials, since getting to rank 300 is not as hard nor long as it may seem in the first place. Never use 230 or 234, since you can directly buy 236.

I'd say use only crafted 246 pieces until you can get 248 BiS piece. Everything below that is pure waste of materials, since getting to rank 300 is not as hard nor long as it may seem in the first place. Never use 230 or 234, since you can directly buy 236.

You can directly buy *230* for Command tokens, and *236* for UCs without T1 pieces.

My mistake. See, that's how much time I've spent in lower tiers :) Thanks for correction. I still stand by my statement that sub 246 is a waste.

Overall, you're probably right about 246 being the only one worth crafting, although I've taken the view that in fact it's not worth bothering even with that. Nothing in the game (more specifically nothing that I *do* in the game) is hard enough that it's worth messing with.

Overall, you're probably right about 246 being the only one worth crafting, although I've taken the view that in fact it's not worth bothering even with that. Nothing in the game (more specifically nothing that I *do* in the game) is hard enough that it's worth messing with.

pretty much this.

Better to spend the credits on companion gifts for solo stuff.

If you do SM ops and PvP you'll rank up quick enough with the boosts on, and eventually you'll have enough drops and UCs to get to BiS. - The gear gap can mostly be bridged by knowing your class role and abilities inside-out and selecting your utilities carefully.

- I would also add that a bit of casual PvP can teach you tons about what your class is capable of and teaches you what to do in those 'oh cr-p' moments.

I do have to admit that of all the 5.x sets, I prefer the look of the Mk-14 Force Expert, the MK-4 (yes, MK-4 not 14) Asylum, the MK-14 Onslaught, and the MK-14 Aegis outfits, because they look the closest to their 236 legendary counterparts. Personally, I prefer the 230/234/236 sets over the Iokath/Gemini 240-248 sets for most classes.

In theory, between tier 4 crates and unassembled components, you can get the appearance of anything tier 3 and above right now even if you've leveled out of tier 2 in Galactic Command. Therefore, if you are looking for a certain cosmetic appearance, or you want to be able to sell an appearance that people would otherwise eventually level out of, I would keep only the mk-4 and mk-14 schematics. It is unfortunate that they require some more expensive materials, but looks are important to many players.

You can definitely disintegrate any mainhand, offhand, implant, earpiece, or relic schematic below 246.

I do have to admit that of all the 5.x sets, I prefer the look of the Mk-14 Force Expert, the MK-4 (yes, MK-4 not 14) Asylum, the MK-14 Onslaught, and the MK-14 Aegis outfits, because they look the closest to their 236 legendary counterparts. Personally, I prefer the 230/234/236 sets over the Iokath/Gemini 240-248 sets for most classes.

In general I dislike them all, but the Iokath/GEMINI more than either grade of Eternale Commander. There are two notable exceptions:

* Smuggler armour: the EC MK-3 (basic Tier 1 purples) is pretty nice, and looks smugglerish. Not Han Solo-in-ANH style, but definitely OK for a smuggler.

* Assault cannons are ugly in Eternal Commander crate drops, but the GEMINI and Iokath ones aren't bad. I don't use them because there are others that I like more, but if I didn't have those, then yeah, a GEMINI HBG would be just fine. The Eternal Commander crafted ones, however, are absurd. Short, fat, cylindrical, and shiny red. Yes, folks, I'm shooting enemies with a giant Coke can!