Should we all late preorders cancel?

Ariadna

Yes but see if you can just get the EGA money back without cancelling the preorder. While I personally only know a handful of people who preordered none us were charged for an EGA code.

here we don't get that money back. even though is only 5 euros, we kinda feel deceived. (it wasen't only the store that lured us into buying, but the preoder box case was very missleading too, that alone should make us reconcider not buying at all.

we decided to preoder for the headstart because my husband have a 6 days off work, so we planed on using that time to play some together. that it is pointless right now.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here we don't get that money back. even though is only 5 euros, we kinda feel deceived. (it wasen't only the store that lured us into buying, but the preoder box case was very missleading too, that alone should make us reconcider not buying at all.

we decided to preoder for the headstart because my husband have a 6 days off work, so we planed on using that time to play some together. that it is pointless right now.

Except you did NOT pay for EGA. You paid for preorder.

I want to ensure that I am fully understanding. You were charged 5 (Euro, I believe you said) just for an EGA code?

Oh and sorry about that. I preordered the game trom GameStop here in the US back in August. When I went to put in my EGA code, I realized they didn't give me one (thought it was on the receipt). I went back to the store to get it, but they told me that everyone was out of them. Stupid me, listened to them and didn't look anywhere else until the end of Sept. Upon finding someone else selling them that still had EGA codes I cancelled my preorder with GameStop and they refunded me in full.

Edited by onstorm

Lemme explain something. Here are the numbers, JUST the box order numbers, but I imagine the digital orders follow in line percentile wise as well:

July 119,260

August 244,277

Sept 62,599

Octo 228,674

Nove 245,946

If you notice, considering they only had preorders for 10 days out of July, that is why only a few days have gotten in so far. It won't be individual days they do for every month.

I per-ordered to assure I had a copy on the actual launch day.

I thought that is what a pre-order is for.

Early access is just a bonus.

So people only pre-order any game if it gives them more time in advance?

I guess I have misunderstood the point of a pre-order for quite some time.

Edited by Miyaka

Yeah, this whole day was just people who pre-ordered within the first 2 days lol.

To be honest id rather take the 5 hour queue that you see in other MMOs over this where most of us will be forced to wait for days.

I just want to point out to all you butt-tards that are throwing your nerd rage temper tantrums.

They opened early-access TWO FRIGGIN DAYS EARLY.

How do you have any right to complain about how they are doing this? If you read the terms and conditions of the purchase you will see that they are doing things exactly the way they said they would!!

If you didn't like the way they were going ot do things at the time you considered purchasing the game, THEN YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE PRE-ORDERED.

Every last one of you QQ'rs should uninstall and find a new hobby I have not seen a bigger bunch of Emo's in any genre I have ever played.

MMORPG's have the crappiest communities, and official forums around launch time are just a cesspool of ******* who need a hug and a timeout.

Lemme explain something. Here are the numbers, JUST the box order numbers, but I imagine the digital orders follow in line percentile wise as well:

July 119,260

August 244,277

Sept 62,599

Octo 228,674

Nove 245,946

If you notice, considering they only had preorders for 10 days out of July, that is why only a few days have gotten in so far. It won't be individual days they do for every month.

Yes but OP is saying they were charged for JUST for an EGA code. If I had to pay just to get an EGA code I'd be a little upset.

Though I am thinking the retailer collected this fee outside of Bioware charging for it. If I were OP I'd be losing my mind at the store where they preordered. Sounds like they were taken advantage of a bit here and the retailer trying to make the sell had an interest in making the EGA sound better than it really is.

I don't think Bioware is to blame here, but I feel for the OP. I am a trusting person and would'v taken the sales guy at their word at the POS. When I found out differently though, I would be right back in that store in a heartbeat and wouldn't leave untilI had my money for the EGA at least back in my pocket.

You do understand that early access was only supposed to be 5 days right??

Technically EA was going to start on the 15th.

So you and your hubby are crying about opening EA early and you can't get in?

Did you read the terms and conditions when you purchased the game?

The five dollar fee was for early access UP TO 5 days early. It wasn't a guaranteed thing.

Maybe you shouldn't plan your vacations around something that was never promised to you! Your self entitlement is sickening!

Edited by XOrionX

WHAT ega money? NOBODY PAID FOR EGA. JESUS CHRIST YOU ENTITLED F***ING WHINERS. YOU PAID FIVE BUCKS FOR A PREORDER. THE EGA WAS A FREE BONUS. GO KILL YOURSELVES YOU ENTITLIST CREEPS.

Clap* Clap* Clap*

Seriously, I will provide these idiots the death sticks if they want. I would love the whining by these 2 yeard olds to end!

A couple of things to consider:

1) Canceling your pre-order DOES NOT cancel your pre-order registration code. That code is used and tied to you. All is does is cancel your reserved copy of the game. So do you plan to buy it anyways? Then what is the problem?

2) BioWare and EA have made $0 to date on this game. There are no PAYING customers at the moment. Pre orders involve a $5 REFUNDABLE deposit to a retailer, nothing has been paid to BioWare/EA.

3) The first waves will be the smallest. The subsequent waves will get bigger faster.

You're wrong.

People that preordered digital copies of the game had to pay FULL PRICE for the game, and yes it's already come out of bank accounts.

Yet those SAME people are not in the game yet, but people that paid $1 are.

considering is very unlikely that we get an email sent before the 20th (release date) what's the point of preordering then?

in my opinion this staggering system for early access, defeats the purpose of doing a preorder now.

should i just cancel my preorder and wait till the 20th ?

Yes you should cancel your account and send me your money instead and all of your stuff.

Our current generation of kids have no concept of patience. The I demand service now and cant wait beyond 5 minutes for anything in life crowd basically.

Technology and your parents has ruined you forever. I'm sorry.

They charge £5.00 for a pre-order. obviously people are riled up since some took days of work and have no fixed time when they will even get in.....

See this is what I am confused about. They had to pay extra just to preoder the game?

Example the game retails here in the US for $60. Right now if I preorder it I only have to pay $60, and not $65.

They have a preorder fee of 5 Euros? So when the OP is saying they were charged 5 Euros JUST for an EGA code then they are confused (I'll give them the benefit of the not intentionally lying). They were not charged 5 Euros for and EGA code, they were just charged 5 Euros more as a "preorder fee" that they would have been charged regardless of whether there were EGA access or not?

Edited by onstorm

They charge £5.00 for a pre-order. obviously people are riled up since some took days of work and have no fixed time when they will even get in.....

That is thier own dumbarse fault for taking time off. OMG I'm laughing so hard at the idiots who planned vacation around something that wasn't guaranteed!

Original EA - UP TO 5 days before the 20th.

Today is the 13th...

do the math

20-13 = 7 days.

7-5=2 days

They are letting people in 2 whole days early!

Terms and Conditions stated:

Early access entry will be decided on the order in which you pre-ordered. And the length of time it takes you to get in may be dependent on queue times and game download times.

Someone explain to me exactly what these morons are crying about? I'm seriously confused.

Edited by XOrionX

You do understand that early access was only supposed to be 5 days right??

Technically EA was going to start on the 15th.

So you and your hubby are crying about opening EA early and you can't get in?

Did you read the terms and conditions when you purchased the game?

The five dollar fee was for early access UP TO 5 days early. It wasn't a guaranteed thing.

Maybe you shouldn't plan your vacations around something that was never promised to you! Your self entitlement is sickening!

do you really think that this approach will help , or contribute in anyway getting people to subscribe after the first month?

swtor isen't the only mmo on the market, and many others are going to be released next year. first impressions are very important for most people.

segregating the community based on when you preorder , isen't the most brilliant idea if you ask me.

Edited by Ariadna

considering is very unlikely that we get an email sent before the 20th (release date) what's the point of preordering then?

in my opinion this staggering system for early access, defeats the purpose of doing a preorder now.

Yes, you should all cancel.

One of the dumbest of today's topics. You should be ashamed.