Just saw TFA a second time in IMAX 3D [SPOILERS]

Jay-Kor

I was completely blown away again. Especially when Rey fights Ren at the end of the film, everything was right, it wasn't OTT like the prequel battles the music was brilliant and the emotion was there. I was disappointed there wasn't more Luke but completely understand why now.

And the most minor of complaints it would've been nice to see his ROTJ lightsaber hanging from his belt :)

Nice to see you going a second time! I've seen TFA for the fourth time yesterday :o I now know parts of the film fully by heart :o

I also really like the film and am totally in love with Rey. That it is still 494 days until VIII makes me sad everytime.

Just wondering, did you also pay more attention to the background and soundtrack? When you do, you can see how brilliant those parts are.

Edited by PSVEindhoven

Absolutely PSV, I think Rey's a great character and one of the few excellent female leads in film and TV, loved watching her kick Ren's ***. The soundtrack was excellent especially the Jedi Steps.

I was disappointed that some of the music from the final battle wasn't on the soundtrack (I.E when Anakin's lightsaber flies to Rey) I might go one more time before the Blu-ray Release.

• 2 weeks later...

Disney rushed TFA out the door with a script that adds nothing to the saga and just devalues the OT.

If lucas made this flick people would burn the skywalker ranch to the ground and salt the earth.

Dose luk purty tho. Phantom menace points given for that.

Disney rushed TFA out the door with a script that adds nothing to the saga and just devalues the OT.

If lucas made this flick people would burn the skywalker ranch to the ground and salt the earth.

Dose luk purty tho. Phantom menace points given for that.

I totally agree. People would have gone nuts if Lucas had created this movie. it was complete crap. Terrible acting (by everyone) poor characters, terrible fight scenes, and last but not least Worst plot ever.

Not really it was far better then the prequels, I actually gave a damn about the characters, Riddley and Boyega were much better to watch than Christensen and Jackson, the practical effects alone put it miles ahead of the prequels, the story telling and fight scenes were far better and weren't cartoony like the prequel ones. It's on par and just as good as the OT.

• 2 weeks later...
We all know that Lucas messed up the OT with added scenes, changing some music etc. then the PT comes out so and people enjoyed these movies to a point even with some of the head scratching of what was he thinking. Now Jar Jar Abrams ( who is not a fan of Star wars as we can see just a fan of a paycheck ) and Disney puts out the crap awakens people as scrambling now trying to justify why they made this bad movie and not just admit Lucas would of did a better job. Yes he still would of made some mistakes or maybe he would of learned from his earlier ones but in the end we would of had a whole new original story with new things to see.

Was it just me or is Kylo Ren a weak sith? He had trouble getting the saber to go back to him when it was dropped on the ground. He just seems like a weak sith to me (like Luke was in ESB)

Also, I didn't like the movie that much. It seemed rushed, and nothing was really going on that made much of a difference.

They went away from clones being storm troopers, no space battles and I am not a huge fan of the lead lady. Seemed that Han Solo wasn't in it much either. No Luke..... Very disappointing movie.

Edited by pyropete

are we talking about the same movie here?

considering the purpose of these movies is to "pass the torch" Han was a SIGNIFICANT presence.

My bad... Meant to say it didn't really seem that he was "into it" meaning he didn't give a good acting performance.

Was it just me or is Kylo Ren a weak sith? He had trouble getting the saber to go back to him when it was dropped on the ground. He just seems like a weak sith to me (like Luke was in ESB)

Kylo isn't a Sith.

Also, I didn't like the movie that much. It seemed rushed, and nothing was really going on that made much of a difference.

They went away from clones being storm troopers, no space battles and I am not a huge fan of the lead lady. Seemed that Han Solo wasn't in it much either. No Luke..... Very disappointing movie.

Pretty sure Stormtroopers never were Clones. With space battles, I can agree.

Not a fan of Daisy, are you? Why? :D