Prestige/Item Rarity

Each unique decoration you unlock gives 100 Prestige. Multiples of the same decoration drop to 2 Prestige after that I believe. If you want to build your Prestige look for quick solo FP's that drop deco's. Also reputation vendors, Conquest vendor, PVP/GSF vendor. Various PVP maps, FP's and Ops have achievement decorations as well.

Check the GTN from time to time searching out cheap decorations that you do not have. Even if it is something you don't want if it is cheap and can get you that initial 100 Prestige it is worth getting at least one.

A stronghold's prestige is basically your number of owned decorations multiplied with the completion percentage of the stronghold. A stronghold 100% filled with chairs will have higher prestige than a well thought out layout using very rare decorations but staying at 80% to avoid cluttering up the place.

I wouldn't bother buying decorations just to increase prestige; there is no way for you to get to the top of the stronghold listings. This is reserved for those who got their flashpoint and operation trophies tripled or even quintrupled during the last server merges. You get 2096 prestige per boss and difficulty, while they got 6092 (or 10088 on Star Forge)

Edited by Mubrak

I wouldn't bother buying decorations just to increase prestige; there is no way for you to get to the top of the stronghold listings. This is reserved for those who got their flashpoint and operation trophies tripled or even quintrupled during the last server merges. You get 2096 prestige per boss and difficulty, while they got 6092 (or 10088 on Star Forge)

Does this apply to Guilds?

Edited by AceMasterSoul

Does this apply to Guilds?

Guilds weren't merged, so every guild still has the same decoration cap. With a lot of effort, you can theoretically catch up with a large guild that had members donate decorations in the past 5 years.

Still would only bother with flagships, guild strongholds are too well hidden. (Need to change the filter to owner=guild)

Edited by Mubrak

Guilds weren't merged, so every guild still has the same decoration cap. With a lot of effort, you can theoretically catch up with a large guild that had members donate decorations in the past 5 years.

Still would only bother with flagships, guild strongholds are too well hidden. (Need to change the filter to owner=guild)

Thanks for the Information. It's good to know guild's weren't effected by the merge.

AND after we were told by BioWare that the merger would absolutely not combine Prestige or decorations.

Otherwise I'd have done some character moves before the merge.

I seriously hope they fix the math someday.

Edited by Xina_LA

AND after we were told by BioWare that the merger would absolutely not combine Prestige or decorations.

Otherwise I'd have done some character moves before the merge.

I seriously hope they fix the math someday.

I definitely think they should fix this so new player artisan can still realistically compete, though I'm not one of those ha ha. I really only care about my guild's prestige.