Quiting in WZ needs to be FIXED!!!!!

Mongir

Quitting in WZ's is just getting out of control yet again. I just Q'd for a Void Star WZ and started with 7 players drop to 3 and then just had people come and go from there on. I know that BioWare has stated they are giving a penalty for quitting a ranked WZ early but why not regs? There was a like 8 people that came and left that is very sad, so what is gonna happen? I hate doing that but it is to the point where to complete my dailies i gonna be forced to look for a good group, because that is what everyone else is doing.... I suggest there should be a 15 minute debuff for and that leaves a WZ (note i said leaves not gets DC'ed) So BioWare what are ya gonna do? Edited by Mongir

So you guys can see first hand what the problem is, I had happened to be recording this video.

Notice in the first 2 minuets of the video, our team drops to 3 people only after the enemy plants the bomb. Knowing it will be all and good that they can just Re-Queue to find a new WZ they can piggyback a win off of.

This has to be fixed please. Add a penalty to people who leave WZ's, like:

first infraction, they cannot re queue for 5 minuets.

second infraction, they cannot re queue for 10 minuets

third infraction. decrease in commendations earned for matches for rest of the day.

Also pubs are OP (lol)

Agreed, Mongir! I'm not sure how this got left out with the 1.2 patch drop, there should absolutely be a penalty in non-ranked War Zones for players who go AFK, or quit during a match.

Leaving a penalty out of the game for quitting or AFK'ing players during PVP is basically the equivalent of having the reset option in Operations available during a boss fight; If players didn't like the way the fight was going, they could just right click their portrait and reset the fight. Totally un-reasonable, and to scale of the missing PVP penalty In my opinion.

SWTOR staff: Please consider strongly the implementation of penalties for players who are abusing the rest of the PVP player base and keep the War Zones fair. Nobody wants to wait in a queue to play a War Zone with a player AFK and 3 others quitting because they don't like how the first 60 seconds are going, that's just punishment for the people who actually want to play and see it though. Support winners, not quitters!

Thanks,

Aravos (Paul)

Edited by Aravos
Spelling

I'm shocked to announce it but my friends today I've witnessed a new kind of quitters.

We all know well enough the shameless cowards which log out of the WZ when they think they are going to lose, It's a cowardly act that should be wiped out from our servers BUT....

(Here I'll remark that on novare coast as an imp vs pubs we had 2% on our bunker and the pubs had 28%, we cap'd the guns and won the game.. epic! never give up.)

Since today I've witnessed people mostly on Civil war map just sitting ! doing nothing at all! when they think the match is over they are sitting back near the point/gate and hoarding defenders medals. Deserters.

Today on civil war wz me and other guy kept fighting the enemies of the empire while our cowardly shameful comrades decided that while we had 1 point and 310 health to the ship and pubs had 2 points and 380 health to their ship the match was over and they just fall back and sat down near the point doing nothing.

just ruin the game for everyone.

People left because you're a worthless concealment operative and a liability to the team. :(

Blowing through your 100-105 points of energy to do about 8.5k total damage doesn't really help against 15k-17k HP geared opponents. Sorry brother, just the way it is...

I'm shocked to announce it but my friends today I've witnessed a new kind of quitters.

We all know well enough the shameless cowards which log out of the WZ when they think they are going to lose, It's a cowardly act that should be wiped out from our servers BUT....

(Here I'll remark that on novare coast as an imp vs pubs we had 2% on our bunker and the pubs had 28%, we cap'd the guns and won the game.. epic! never give up.)

Since today I've witnessed people mostly on Civil war map just sitting ! doing nothing at all! when they think the match is over they are sitting back near the point/gate and hoarding defenders medals. Deserters.

Today on civil war wz me and other guy kept fighting the enemies of the empire while our cowardly shameful comrades decided that while we had 1 point and 310 health to the ship and pubs had 2 points and 380 health to their ship the match was over and they just fall back and sat down near the point doing nothing.

just ruin the game for everyone.

I've actually seen this. At first I thought they were planning a counter attack with their entire group. However, as the points continued to tick I realized they gave up. Takes the fun out of the game.

I've actually seen this. At first I thought they were planning a counter attack with their entire group. However, as the points continued to tick I realized they gave up. Takes the fun out of the game.

And who's the blame?

The players.

The system works if everyone participate. You even get a good amount of comm for losing. If people give up early tell them to get off their azz and do something. As long as there are wzs there will always be people rage quitting/giving up/abusing the system. You can't blame bioware for something that isn't their fault.

Edited by hyuplee

I don't blame BW at all. I blame the players.

On the other hand I might suggest to BW to think of a creative way to allow us as a players to report this incidents so the quitters will be punished maybe if we'll send a video of the match they we'll be able to do something? should think about it...

You people whine too much. The only time people quit is if the players are absolutely awful or the opposing team is a geared premade using voice comm, or 2 geared voice comm premades in one WZ.

If the team is good, as long as it's not the combined 2 premade team, a good PUG group isn't going to leave because it'll be competitive. But when so many PUGs are clueless, it just is too frustrating to try to carry the really bad players against very good players that are obviously geared and communicating.

One good thing about Bioware's fail is that less bad players queue up now, so it's easier to win again. And the bad players tend to never to drop either, so you can avoid them entirely by dropping, taking a break, or even trying to requeue again to get into another wz. Usually if you try to requeue it just dumps you into the same wz though.

I don't blame BW at all. I blame the players.

On the other hand I might suggest to BW to think of a creative way to allow us as a players to report this incidents so the quitters will be punished maybe if we'll send a video of the match they we'll be able to do something? should think about it...

No.

I'd rather they focus on getting more content such as ranked warzone into the game than fixing something that isn't their fault.

And who's the blame?

The players.

The system works if everyone participate. You even get a good amount of comm for losing. If people give up early tell them to get off their azz and do something. As long as there are wzs there will always be people rage quitting/giving up/abusing the system. You can't blame bioware for something that isn't their fault.

I didn't know I was blaming anyone. Honestly If you have no way of recovering an objective, then you're going to defend what you have. At least now you get wz comms for doing something. It sucks to join a wz and get stomped the entire time. Players are going to leave, this isn't going to change. Not everyone can be a "good sport" and keep at it. They're is always going to be rage quitting. I rather do something than stand around waiting for the game to end, or quitting on my team.

You people whine too much. The only time people quit is if the players are absolutely awful or the opposing team is a geared premade using voice comm, or 2 geared voice comm premades in one WZ.

If the team is good, as long as it's not the combined 2 premade team, a good PUG group isn't going to leave because it'll be competitive. But when so many PUGs are clueless, it just is too frustrating to try to carry the really bad players against very good players that are obviously geared and communicating.

One good thing about Bioware's fail is that less bad players queue up now, so it's easier to win again. And the bad players tend to never to drop either, so you can avoid them entirely by dropping, taking a break, or even trying to requeue again to get into another wz. Usually if you try to requeue it just dumps you into the same wz though.

Thats not the type of quitting were talking about bro, even that isn't cool at all. But if you saw the video I posted. Half my team left when the other team planted the bomb for the first time, against us.

You know all of ya make a great point that this is not BioWares fault pre-say, but when the community (being us) has brought this to there attention many of times and still nothing being done to resolve the issue is kinda sad. When people just quit to get a better/easier win instead of a lose, it just take all the fun out of the game for those of us really trying.... On a side note QUITTERS if you dont want to finish a game please just dont join to begin with!!!!! That would resolve it all!

Thats not the type of quitting were talking about bro, even that isn't cool at all. But if you saw the video I posted. Half my team left when the other team planted the bomb for the first time, against us.

That is the same type. I had an Alderaan where we lost mid turret (which I capped) while I was defending west with another player with us being outnumbered heavily. Everyone dropped, I was the only person left. Then I dropped too, because that's obviously pointless.

It happens. I hate playing with stupid people especially against premades. Actually, that includes being stuck with a crappy premade, because they start giving out orders, bungling things, and then blaming everyone else. When I queue solo I am looking for solo vs. solo play, not to be some standy to a premade or to be fodder for an opposing premade. I actually prefer to have a good solo team vs a non voice-comm premade over having a bad voice comm premade with me against a pug.