Opening up Yavin 4 and Oricon dailies

Tahana

I thought that if you had a character and bypassed KoTET and KOTFE by going straight to Iokath that it was supposed to open up the Yavin 4 and Oricon dailies. I know it worked on one of my characters, but it seems like on my latest character (that was boosted) it doesn't work.. @Bioware, what's up???

(See this thread among others) http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=940920

Yavin should open, but Oricon has a set of quests you have to do that open up the dailies. I did that in a recent toon, and Yavin was open but still had to do oricon pre-req quests.

It didn't work that way on this character.. I don't have Yavin in the available list.. Oricon I can see having to do the story part first, and that is available in the terminal.

Which boost did you use? The lvl 60 one and the lvl 65 one count SoR as completed, so Yavin dailies are available, but you still have to open up Oricon. The lvl 70 boost doesn't count any content as completed, so none of the dailies are available.

Which boost did you use? The lvl 60 one and the lvl 65 one count SoR as completed, so Yavin dailies are available, but you still have to open up Oricon. The lvl 70 boost doesn't count any content as completed, so none of the dailies are available.

The master's datacron.. (Level 70).. But one would think if you're selecting to bypass content, for which you get a warning from the console that it would still follow those established rules. Whatever I guess.

Personally I don't mind doing the 1-55 content.. The rest of it though.. would rather scoop out my eyeballs that do anything with SoR, KoTET or KOTFE again. Have done it enough on my other characters to want to do it again.. The daily areas serve a purpose in gaining CXP.. The story while interesting the first couple of times can DIAF after that as far as i'm concerned.

Edited by Tahana

The master's datacron.. (Level 70).. But one would think if you're selecting to bypass content, for which you get a warning from the console that it would still follow those established rules. Whatever I guess.

Personally I don't mind doing the 1-55 content.. The rest of it though.. would rather scoop out my eyeballs that do anything with SoR, KoTET or KOTFE again. Have done it enough on my other characters to want to do it again.. The daily areas serve a purpose in gaining CXP.. The story while interesting the first couple of times can DIAF after that.

The Master's Datacron doesn't bypass content and it explicitly says in the description in the CM that it doesn't complete story progress. It also doesn't work anything like the other two boosts. For the level 60 and 65 boosts you have to create a character using the boost from the char select screen. For the Master's Datacron you have to use it on an already existing character. The level 60 and 65 boosts also don't give you any gear. The Master's Datacron does.

I have not actually used a Master's Datacron so I'm unsure if it provides a warning when you use it that it bypasses any content. If it does, then yes that's confusing.

Edit: I should clarify, the level 60/65 boosts give you a pre-geared character (in blue gear, iirc). The Master's Datacron provides a box with purple rating 230 gear with set bonuses.

Edited by Elessara

The Master's Datacron provides a box with purple rating 230 gear with set bonuses.

The datacron itself doesn't give you any warning about bypassing content. Your ship mission console does when you select to bypass the content and go straight to iokath. My issue is that it doesn't.. and when I'm paying over 20 bucks to boost a toon it should still follow those rules that are within the game in my opinion.

I get that someone wants to boost a toon and then go back and do 1-55 content.. or 1-70.. ok.. but if I'm selecting stuff from the console and it explicitly says it is going to bypass content, which is what I want to do and it doesn't. There is something wrong.

That's because the master datacron isn't skipping content. It only skips levels. You can start Tyrhon at level 70 instead of level 1 and gain CXP instead of XP. That's its sole purpose.

Once again.. It isn't about the Datacron.. It is about the mission terminal. Regardless of what the datacron's intention is for, the game itself should still follow what it says it is going to do..So when I select Iokath it should lock out the other content as completed.

Once again.. It isn't about the Datacron.. It is about the mission terminal. Regardless of what the datacron's intention is for, the game itself should still follow what it says it is going to do..So when I select Iokath it should lock out the other content as completed.

Starting KotFE or KoTET triggers the lockouts. Jumping straight to Iokath does not.

Edited by KamiSongheart

Iokath doesn't auto-complete any content.

Starting KotFE/ET only auto-completes what is considered the main storyline -Class story, Illum, SoR, Ziost, KotFE/ET. Makeb and Oricon are not treated as part of the main storyline, so you still have to do their questlines to open up the planets.