Maelstrom Prison solo help

I'm trying to get the TH-15A medic commando chest that drops from Kilran at the end of the flashpoint. I'm getting tired of not being able to get this in a group of even when other classes need for it when I pass on their type drops. I'm able to do everything solo up until I get to kilran, can't seem to get past him or do damage to him once he gets behind his shield. I'm 44 and set up for dps. Any help would be great

If I remember right Kilran is immune to damage when he's in cover. He has to be interrupted or stunned or something to break him out of cover and then he calls reinforcements and runs to a new cover spot. I don't quite remember what exactly breaks his cover, maybe you just need to get close to him or behind him. Anyway, hope that helps a little and good luck soloing.

I saw a video guide with using LOS tactics and melee for dropping him out of his cover......The only thing i think i have to do it make my companion follow me, they seem to charge ahead when he goes into cover and gets picked off really quick. I shall try again and gear up Elara

I saw a video guide with using LOS tactics and melee for dropping him out of his cover......The only thing i think i have to do it make my companion follow me, they seem to charge ahead when he goes into cover and gets picked off really quick. I shall try again and gear up Elara

Yeah basically when the fight first starts you kill his two henchmen and then after some hits on him he'll knock you down and snare you in the center of the long corridor there where he can snipe you. Would put Elara on passive at this time and get to the side where you can los him down the side (all though los seems kinda buggy here). When you reach him drop passive on elara and start whacking on him... at a certain point (50% maybe?) he'll vanish again while knocking you down and snaring. Would put Elara on passive and run up the steps as fast as possible to behind the crates at top left of stairs and he won't be able to target you. Wait there until he spawns adds and make them come to you and kill them. Turn Elara off passive and run towards the object to the right on your way to him to los some more but basically just get to him as fast as possible. Taunt him off Elara if she takes a shot or two. Be prepared to use medpacks and save heroic ability, reactive shield, legacy ability that reduces damage to you and companion if you have it, and your small HoT for the last leg to melee range of him.