Loosing our previous companions?

ProHazor

You will get new companions however, including, quite possibly...

# # HUGE SPOILER FOR KOTFE BELOW # #

Darth Marr. :p

Whether permanently or temporarily is another matter, I guess.

Which of our previous comps do you think we'll get too keep? Im guessing not Jaesa since her voice actor didnt do any lines in SoR.

All I know is I would assume we get to keep HK no matter what, because he is not a normal companion. I had better not have to go find him again, he had better be waiting with a hot cup of caffe for me!

Probably not, since HK-55 is listed on the KoTFE site, and is very likely a companion. The line they posted imply he's a bodyguard of sorts. Hk-51 probably got trashed or something. : /

(Maybe HK-55 was made from parts of 51? Idk)

Edit : If you were refering to keeping HK-55 no matter what, then this post is invalid. Whoops.

Edited by Mirhd

Probably not, since HK-55 is listed on the KoTFE site, and is very likely a companion. The line they posted imply he's a bodyguard of sorts. Hk-51 probably got trashed or something. : /

(Maybe HK-55 was made from parts of 51? Idk)

5 bucks says HK-55 is nothing more than HK-51 memory wiped.

They've all but confirmed loss of (at least some) companions. From Dulfy's Gamescom Q&A transcripts:

What happens to companion armor currently equipped if we may lose some of them in the expansion?

Don’t worry we will tell everyone beforehand what to do

They wouldn't have to tell us anything beforehand if there wasn't going to be some (permanent) changes.

Edited by Diviciacus

They haven't made any definitive statements about how companions will be handled. They've said you will be able to recruit companions based on who you like, but they have't said who you can recruit, or how many. I'm sure they'll limit the number somehow, but besides that nothing certain has been said.

They haven't made any definitive statements about how companions will be handled. They've said you will be able to recruit companions based on who you like, but they have't said who you can recruit, or how many. I'm sure they'll limit the number somehow, but besides that nothing certain has been said.

I dunno, they might not limit companions, allowing for compleitionists to ATTEMPT to recruit everyone

I thought they said you'd be able to use anyone you'd like with the new system instead of relying on the class of the companion. This I like! After this, I wonder if I need any other companions :p

*hands Vector a Kolto pack*

"Thank you, Agent. But we are unharmed."

"Oh, I know that. That's for you to use on me when *I* get hurt. You're a healer now."

"We are the Dawn Herald."

"Yes you are. And now you're also a healer. Just think about how you can rub it on my skin when I'm wounded. Kinky, right?"

"We..we will try to keep that in mind and we will make sure we are not overly distracted by those thoughts."

“That’s all I ask. By the way, the Kolto really brings out the green in your pheromone cloud.”

“…Thank you, Agent. We do aim to please…”

Edited by AngFour

All i know is that if Bioware decides to take away the companions ive spent credits on buying gifts for to get 10k affection, they better pay me back.

That's like saying they better pay you back for the credits/comms you paid for the useless mods. :p

Though, I do tend to agree that I find it odd they are getting rid of any companions that players likely spent credits and real money on, at the same time I don't want quiet say nothing companions either.

That's like saying they better pay you back for the credits/comms you paid for the useless mods. :p

Though, I do tend to agree that I find it odd they are getting rid of any companions that players likely spent credits and real money on, at the same time I don't want quiet say nothing companions either.

Yeah, some comps i dont care about, but those i spent time on getting armor and stuff for, im gonna me mad if they just fade do dust.

As much as I like her abilities, if we could mute a companion I would do so with Treek. I like her story, I just don't like the constant jabbering during battles.

As long as we can recruit Scourge I'll be happy. Although I might have one of my characters try for an all-droid crew.

<hk51, hk 55, t7, m1-4x, scorpio and the shipdroids> now that's a crew that would have some interesting conversation possibilities!

It we have total say in what companions we can re-aquire, then I am going with My apprentice and all Droids. No more stupid Quin!

I imagine the player won't be able to choose from all of the potential companions. That would be too many variations for the devs to account for, unless there is practically no dialogue between the Outlander and the people you recruit.

My guess is that who you can recruit will be determined by either class or your pre-expansion faction. Even if it is limited by class or faction I think it still has the potential to be interesting by mixing up the companions available for each version of the Outlander, and perhaps throwing some Pub companions with Imp Outlanders or Imp Companions with Pub Outlanders.

I agree please go to my referal link http://www.swtor.com/r/VCv7MK

Ha! You really think that would work? You are breaking then forum rules by the way!

Also, I think mixing up companions would be very fun but I doubt bioware would do it. Mabey small changes like trading Lokin for Doc or jeasa for kira. I doubt they will talk to each other as that would be far too many combanations for them to include but Mabey they just speak to you and do not communicate with each outher would be possible.

If Mabey you have to do something to get them, (example: save a companions brother / son) then some people would have many but our ships would have to pretty big....

Another think there! Mabey the ability to trade ships? But just imagine how many phantoms you would see...