Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

We need healer,tank addons!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricJS
07.11.2012 , 05:36 PM | #51
I've played MMORPGs in games with and without addons, and frankly, with a few more features, I wouldn't feel much of a need for addons in combat in SWTOR. Here's what I think is important:

1) Mouse over casting. Not just for heals, but for CC, cleansing, guard, etc.

2) a better way to see what buffs and debuffs are important to me. Filtering would be a step in the right direction, but I don't think it's the best way to go, as sometimes I do want to know what buffs/debuffs someone else has put on a target. Having my buffs/debuffs larger or having them sort before other ones (preferably both) would be a good way to go, though I will admit I seriously miss the WoW addon Inline Auras. Having the targets debuffs highlighted on my action bars eliminates not just finding which buffs are mine, but make it quite obvious which buffs correspond to which ability so that if I haven't played a certain toon for a while, I don't have those momentary brain farts where I'm going "which debuff is that again?"

Things I'd like to see, but don't find critical:

3) Tidy Plates functionality.

4) Target of Focus.

5) General addons that don't make decisions for the players. WoW addons were bad back in vanilla when you could script DPS rotations that were reactive, arbitrarily compex for any DPS class, and then add HealBot on top of that.

I miss a lot of non-combat utility addons. Every time I mouse over a crafting material, there' s still a small shock that I don't get a listing of how many of those I have on that toon and my alts. For stuff like that, you'll never create enough options for the default UI to please everyone. Fortunately, I can live without most of that stuff, but I would like to see it.

Cameirus
07.11.2012 , 05:39 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by DartVasillius View Post
I think bioware must allow using interface addons, like Curse.com site. Healer, tank addons. is a difficult heal proper some times. its rise progress of many people.
nah, all we need is a mouseover function to make healing less clunky.
Quote: Originally Posted by James (out of touch) Ohlen
"The other challenge was to live up to and push beyond the expectations that MMO games like World of WarCraft have created. Players aren't going to understand if you don't have industry standard features".

TigoBeratix
07.11.2012 , 07:02 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Elbynerual View Post
Keep it primitive. Keep it caveman. Keep it challenging.
If you want to know how much dps you are doing, record yourself with Fraps, go back and watch the video, add up all the numbers and divide by the amount of seconds in the video.

Sound ridiculous? Yeah, so do threat meters in the place of LEARNING HOW TO PLAY.

The arguments for buffs/debuffs being too jumbled and confusing is legit, all else are unnecessary replacements for learning to play.

THis!

These are the people I want to play with.

My first MMO. Sawbones since launch.

I'm having a blast learning to play and am pulling my weight in gear appropriate ops

The challenge is the driving force to keep me logging in

Felioats
07.11.2012 , 07:46 PM | #54
No scripts allowed in addons, in my opinion. Once you allow addons that make combat easier, Bioware starts balancing content with those addons in mind and the addons stop being optional.
>

nolocalreality
07.11.2012 , 09:53 PM | #55
Things I want while healing:

Mouseover casting

Ability to target people by clicking on their nameplate. I am stunned that this does not work.

Target forwarding - if I have the tank targeted and use an attack ability, it should hit whatever he has targeted.

Things I want while tanking:

More control over flytext. I'd like to be able to tell incoming damage by source (melee/force, etc) and by type (energy/internal, etc). Would help me decide which cooldowns to use on assassin. Having everything as red is not so helpful.

Karasuko
07.11.2012 , 10:00 PM | #56
My suggestions...
-macro's please. I don't mind having multiple abilities to use, I dont mind complex (lol ) rotatons, I do mind wasted bar space.I don't use a fancy mouse or keyboard that i can pre-program and im only comfortable with my 20 or so binds. Remove the ability to make cast sequence macros but a ismple macro like the following would be nice.
/cast force potency
/cast battle readiness
/use relic of forgotten secrets
/use rakata power adrenal
-Reactive aura's as an option. I want to be watching whats going on around me not my bar to see procs and debuffs. Missing procs cause im concentrating on running out of candy or having to stare at my debuff bar when in a danger phase of combat is no fun. I'm not asking for "your unload is ready" i'm asking for "you have gained shadow strikes" or "you have gained hunters guile"
-Failing that. A power aura's type set up so we can get a visual queue next to my toon when I get procs etc.
-Resizeable debuffs on the boss or some indicator that specific debuffs are yours. More important for dot/debuff style classes. Would cry if i was in a 16 man ops guild running 2-3 balance sages/shadows.Failing that the ability to exclude other peoples debuffs from showing .

What I don't want to see....
-Boss mods. I hate them, they take alot out of gameplay and turn it into timer watching while doing your rotation/healing/tanking.
-Cast sequence type macro's. Reducing your rotation to 1 button isn't somethign i enjoyed seeing in that other game, don't want to see it here.

Thats about all I can think of at the moment.... probably will think of more later.

Malifor
07.12.2012 , 12:13 AM | #57
The only thing I would say is actually needed is the ability to change/resize the debuffs in ops frame. Even if they just moved them to the left side of the bar instead of the right it would make a world of difference, as it is right now it is sometimes hard to differentiate between buffs and debuffs. And with the microscopic debuffs on the ops frame it is impossible for healers to tell what their target is effected by, at the moment the only way for a healer to effectively dispell things is for people to call it out on vent.

Hett
07.12.2012 , 04:42 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Though we don't have any news about allowing third-party interface addons, we'd definitely be interested to hear what functionality you feel is important to add to the current UI. Others have offered a few suggestions (thanks!), and it's helpful to us if you describe what you think is missing and let us know what we can do to improve the UI!
I'd like to be able to globally set my role (tank dd heal) so that it shows on the ops frame for everyone I group with, even in wz or without group finder.

oleost
07.12.2012 , 04:52 AM | #59
Dont need addons! Learn to play the game, without someone telling you when to do that and that...

1+ for the quote below, missing that aswell, nice to have as DPS aswell, Example when there is two bosses. (Like Zoth and Torn.)

Quote: Originally Posted by PugX View Post
What I would like to see is a health % + value and range indicator on the focused target UI. As a healer, I'm always looking at a player, but I also need to know the status of the boss and my distance in some cases.

Calebzor
07.12.2012 , 05:13 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Though we don't have any news about allowing third-party interface addons, we'd definitely be interested to hear what functionality you feel is important to add to the current UI. Others have offered a few suggestions (thanks!), and it's helpful to us if you describe what you think is missing and let us know what we can do to improve the UI!
Have you guys not gotten enough input from this ( UI Feature Feedback Request ) thread already?

If I'm not mistaken the only UI improvement that has happened since that thread was opened (2 month+ ago) is some GTN improvements. So I feel that asking again, without any significant UI changes since then, and no update regarding to what is already in the works, well it just does not really feel right, does it?

Even if that 55 pages of suggestion is not enough, as some people already mentioned in this thread, you can always just head over to the suggestion box and find suggestions there.