Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

We need healer,tank addons!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Hiro-Protagonist
07.17.2012 , 05:36 PM | #131
The best way I can describe what I want is to reference the WoW mods I used to use. These are mods aimed more at DPS roles which I play on a regular basis.

First, I REALLY want a Mik Scrolling Battle Text. I really want a better way of seeing the damage I am doing and the damage I am taking. MSBT was a PERFECT solution and a mod that I always enjoyed as a DPS.

Second, I would love to have Power Auras. These are client configurable visual cues for buffs and debuffs. I appreciate the fact that you guys have tried hard to give us visual cues for buffs, but I just prefer the PA version better. They are easier to see and I can configure them the way I want.

What I DON'T want to see is Boss Mods. I think most people in the community would agree with this. I think a fair minded approach is to allow the player to reconfigure the information that you are already providing. I also do NOT want a macro system that simplifies rotations to a single button press. However, some simple quality of life changes would be really nice, such as being able to macro non-gcd skills (e.g. tech override) or out of combat skills.

vsalcedo
07.17.2012 , 06:31 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Onibubu View Post
1)
I understand that not everyone is a native speaker but please... this is just horrible written.

2)
You want addons because its sometimes "hard to heal"?
Where are you having problems? Maybe we can help you BECAUSE healing is nowhere near hard even in EC HM.

3)
Dont forget that addons would make raids "easier"... which would lead to bioware make the raids more complicatet/harder to balance it out... which would slap everyone in the face who doesn't want to use addons!
That IMHO was a big problem in WOW.
Dont do it here to!
3. Not true at all...Even with mods people still wiped. Mods help the game evolve and you we're never forced to use any mods. Healing mods would be nice the UI for healing sucks ATM. More options to add all sorts of heals thru your mouse like healbot would be nice to have. This F1 thru whatever to target party members is phased out.

celldoom
07.18.2012 , 08:34 AM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by Hiro-Protagonist View Post
The best way I can describe what I want is to reference the WoW mods I used to use. These are mods aimed more at DPS roles which I play on a regular basis.

First, I REALLY want a Mik Scrolling Battle Text. I really want a better way of seeing the damage I am doing and the damage I am taking. MSBT was a PERFECT solution and a mod that I always enjoyed as a DPS.

Second, I would love to have Power Auras. These are client configurable visual cues for buffs and debuffs. I appreciate the fact that you guys have tried hard to give us visual cues for buffs, but I just prefer the PA version better. They are easier to see and I can configure them the way I want.

What I DON'T want to see is Boss Mods. I think most people in the community would agree with this. I think a fair minded approach is to allow the player to reconfigure the information that you are already providing. I also do NOT want a macro system that simplifies rotations to a single button press. However, some simple quality of life changes would be really nice, such as being able to macro non-gcd skills (e.g. tech override) or out of combat skills.
This ^, power auras are amazing, i realy realy love to see a funky graphic in the middle of my screen when one of my reactive buffs appears (like Lightning Storm talent from sorc's lighting tree).

Markosmartong
07.18.2012 , 12:03 PM | #134
Great points here in this thread. For those who can heal and tank fine w/o any add-ons fine...I salute your outstanding abilities to play SWTOR effectively. However, for many of us who have had experience with that "other" game since vanilla understand how tank and healing mods really improved the gameplay for those of us who have trouble chewing gum and tying our shoe laces at the same time. If I were devs I would look at some of the best mods used in that other game and incorporate them into SWTOR. By doing so, you continue to control the development of the game. It may not please all players but, it should placate enough of the player base...plus improve the overall quality of the game.

Parasi
07.18.2012 , 01:47 PM | #135
I agree that having many UI customizations is the way to go - buff/debuff options, resizing for everything, etc. I think it would work best if the community could make the UI themselves including color schemes, skins, even shapes and images for boxes. No more information - prevent it from becoming "have this UI gain an advantage" but full customization.

I do think, however, that adding things such as aggro meters or changing the healing based on clicks etc would really break the end game. While these things can make it 'easy mode' they don't add anything to the end game and they detract plenty from both the focus and the skill involvement of the players.

It would be really nice however, to have a hit-by-hit combat log and some more functionality of chat boxes in general. It already dumps to a combat log, having one we could go back on in game would be nice sometimes.

I must say again, that every game can learn great things to emulate from looking at the UI and particularly the UI options in EQ2 - they had everything that kept the gamer from thinking about anything they shouldn't have to think about.

JesusLoves
07.18.2012 , 02:37 PM | #136
Umm.. We need more ability boxes because with so many new abilities because of the legacy... I cant fit all my abilities in the boxes that are available.

Rompdomp
07.18.2012 , 03:06 PM | #137
It would just be nice if there was a way to make the buffs and debuffs appear in separate rows on the raid frames (like on opposing sides of the bar).

Nerdcommando
07.18.2012 , 04:40 PM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Though we don't have any news about allowing third-party interface addons, we'd definitely be interested to hear what functionality you feel is important to add to the current UI. Others have offered a few suggestions (thanks!), and it's helpful to us if you describe what you think is missing and let us know what we can do to improve the UI!
Hello,

I have a couple of suggestions of things I would like to see.

1) I Fully customizeable HUD that would allow me to watch the sweet fight animations and get into the combat vs. focusing on tiny buffs/debuffs/GCD.

2) Please do not allow 3rd party addons. Allow people to create and have them tested through the pts. The different addons that do the same thing could be style options or something. Then you have the security of not having 3rd party programs interfacing with the game. The creativity of the open market, and the ability of developers getting paid for their code/idea being used. Also I would not have to deal with multiple websites maintaining them or have yet another program do it for me.

3) Some type of encounter mechanics guide would help people in these Flashpoints and "old" operations.

Thank you for asking for feedback.
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy. - Steven Wright

MichaelLatta
07.18.2012 , 08:26 PM | #139
My number one request is more slots in quick bars. I use a nostronomo, so a 3x5 arrangement for quick bars would be ideal.

My second request is a view of stacking buffs that is visible at a glance. Rather than a tiny number over a buff, the stack icon should be repeated, and ideally be a unique shape. For example shadows have a stacking harnessed shadows that can be lost in the other buff icons. I would like a view on my character that has 3 symbols that glow as the stacks build. See the paladin ui in wow for holy power. It is easy to tell how you stand in building the buff/resource.

Next would be easier key binding. I want to hold down the right button on a quick slot and press the key for the slot. If the quickbars are locked of course the bind will not happen.

A configurable sound for attack to my companion or other party members would be helpful as a tank.

Baalzamon
07.19.2012 , 04:47 AM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by DartVasillius View Post
I think bioware must allow using interface addons, like Curse.com site. Healer, tank addons. is a difficult heal proper some times. its rise progress of many people.
Allow macros thats gonna make this game more fun for the casual people, its just way to many abilitys right now.