Don't want to ask for help but......spoilers!!!

wmhdave

I've died 6 times now fighting Syo Bakarn. I've tried everything I can think of and somewhere around 30% health he one shot kills me from full health with my force shield up. Is this a bug or am I missing something? I've interrupted him and run out of LoS but still inta-die. I've done every other class quest in this game solo and I don't want to have to get a group of guildies together to help. Any Ideas?

You absolutely NEED to interrupt his cave collapse ability or it will one-shot you, no question.

His cavern collapse ability has a long cast time but he casts it frequently so just make sure you have something available to stop it. It is top priority to interrupt in the latter half of his fight.

Edited by Evineiya

There`s a bug involved in the sense that the cave-in ability is not always showing a castbar... but it`s pretty obvious to spot anyway as he stands still and you`ll see the cave shaking.

I was keeping forcewave for those casts, so i could interrupt freely with mindsnap.

If you go with Theran for extra interrupts the fight becomes pretty easy... just don`t miss an interrupt on the big one.

• 2 months later...

As a DPS sage, I tried fighting him with Qyzen. Failed.

Tried with Nadia. Failed.

Finally brought out Tharan. Success.

I basically turned off all of Tharan's offensive capabilities so he would focus mainly on healing me. When I attacked, I made sure to keep my Force Armor and dots (Mind Crush and Weaken Mind) up at all times. Started off with Project and Disturbance to get some quick damage on him, then repeated TK throw non stop. Did not worry about interrupting anything Syo did UNTIL the ground started shaking. That's the cue that he's bringing the roof down on you. Even with Tharan healing, I still got down to about 10% life at one point...used a medpac for that...but other than that one scare, I don't think I was ever in any real danger. Holiday was invaluable with her random stun appearances which helped my heals from Tharan as I wasn't taking any damage for those few seconds. By the time the fight ended, I was around 90% health. And this was without level 50 gear on Tharan. Most was low 40's gear, but I figured since I was there I'd give it a shot before going up to the Fleet to get him new equipment.

• 4 months later...

Confirmed. Thanks for the assistance.:)

It was a strange fight because I basically stood still and ensured that my force shield was up. I made sure to interrupt cave collapse. I kept my DoTs on Syo. It was funny because I basicaly stood in one place. Theran did his healing and Holliday was good with her stun on Syo. It sucks that I could not defeat Syo with Qyzen. I tried at least 5 times.

Thanks again for the tips!:):

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...
i failed to stun his spell over and over; i got around it by running to the ladder when the cave started to shake.

that part of the cave didn't collapse and my companion was fine = i won \o/

This was very useful. Thanks!

• 2 months later...
i failed to stun his spell over and over; i got around it by running to the ladder when the cave started to shake.

that part of the cave didn't collapse and my companion was fine = i won \o/

Sounds like some cheese I used against Flamelurker in Demon's Souls.

Edited by MK-ULTRA