Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Crafting Mats tab is underwhelming

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New Crafting Mats tab is underwhelming

Hudlar
10.22.2019 , 04:30 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by JoeeyyMagzz View Post
Did you test the expansion on the PTS? If yes, then why didn't you comment on this during play testing? If no, then why didn't you test? They implemented TONS of feedback from PTS testing, they really do listen to the players.
Several people (including me) mentioned the interface issue on the PTS forum, so I'm sure the devs are aware of it. But they had a ton to do, and this wasn't exactly a top priority. I do hope they get to it eventually. In the meantime, I'll just enjoy all the extra room in my legacy cargo hold!

sharkfishman
10.22.2019 , 04:31 PM | #32
Underwhelming? I agree with you.

Useful? Yes, very much so.

Better than nothing? Absolutely.

Without feedback, I guess nothing would ever improve.
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

SaerethDL
10.22.2019 , 04:32 PM | #33
new crafting mats storage is one of the best parts of the expansion.. man people just love to be downers.
Get a FREE server transfer, FREE 7 days subscription, FREE inventory slot upgrade and other FREE goodies! CLICK HERE update* if you use my referral link (as a returning subscriber) or decide to subscribe and are on Satele Shan send me a PM with the referral name you used and I will give you 5+ Million Credits or more to get you started!

ZionHalcyon
10.22.2019 , 04:42 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post
Can't be done that well that the expansion has been out for only a few hours and you're already so bored, you're on the forums defending minor features of it.
It was done well.

Rolodome
10.22.2019 , 04:44 PM | #35
The biggest thing that stood out to me about it is that the deposit button has a drop down of choices for tier quality of the mat, like blue/green/purple/etc., and it seems like choosing Legendary is a catch all for everything, but there's no choice explicitly named "Deposit All." Could be confusing.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

ZionHalcyon
10.22.2019 , 04:46 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by SaerethDL View Post
new crafting mats storage is one of the best parts of the expansion.. man people just love to be downers.
Precisely that.

TrixxieTriss
10.22.2019 , 04:52 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post
Can't be done that well that the expansion has been out for only a few hours and you're already so bored, you're on the forums defending minor features of it.
LoL, snap.

HoloTweed
10.22.2019 , 04:54 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by SaerethDL View Post
Harldy. I wanted crafting mat storage, too. But it could have been done RIGHT instead of just done expediently without any thought. I was ecstatic when I heard it was going into place... but completely underwhelmed by the minimal execution.

That's on Bioware, not me being "a downer."

Contan
10.22.2019 , 05:10 PM | #39
I love the extra space in my legacy storage, but the mats storage needs work badly.

1. All tabs should be closed be default.

2. It needs the option to sort by level, rarity, and quantity as well as by name.

3. Currently, if you searched for something, you lose the search results if you manipulate the mats (eg I searched for prefabs but every time I moved one out of storage, it went back to showing me the entire storage contents) this needs to be fixed.

4. Bring back the alert message when you gather something.

Faelwolf
10.22.2019 , 05:19 PM | #40
To OP:
Seriously? All my mats now go into their own bag, automatically while harvesting even, pre-sorted by harvesting discipline, and all characters can access them anywhere. No more clogged inventory out in the field, trips to the bank, or calling up a field bank, no more remembering which page has which mats, no more hand sorting each by category and level and taking up multiple bank slots. It took me less than 5 minutes to pull my mats from the bank, and mass transfer them to the holding bag. (And I had a lot of mats.) In fact it took me much longer to re-organize my armor pieces, cartel market gear, etc. in all that glorious glorious newly opened bank space than it did to pull and dump mats.

BTW do you know it's not just harvested mats that will go in the bag? Reactants, sub-combines, etc. will go there too and go to a misc. tab. It's an all-inclusive holder. From what I can tell, if it can be used to make something else, it will go in, including prefab components, augment slot components, etc. It's outstanding.

Since it bothers you so much, I have a solution for you. Keep them all in the shared bank, and keep doing it the old way. While you do that, I'll be happy to just pull up my mats tab and see what I need while I'm out running around instead of beaming up to my house or hunting/popping a legacy bank to see what I'm getting low on. I'm getting old, but I can still keep track of which character has which harvesting discipline for a quick mats check.

Wow, I guess you don't like the new stats layout that gives you the armor rating and stats at a glance, or the new easier to identify merchant bank and mail icons either. I suppose the Superior Renown boosts now being stackable is just dreadful to you too. And to top it all off, along with all that newly opened bank space we can buy an additional tab for us pack rats to fill up as well. Of all the things to possibly complain about, you pick the huge QOL update?

While we're on the subject of QOL improvements, thank you devs for that new item screen, it makes it so much easier for these old eyes to see the armor rating, set bonuses, etc. at a glance. Much better layout IMO, and very much appreciated! I for one am very happy with all the QOL changes you made, but that one is a real improvement for me!