Farm Status kills experience for new players

BraxKedren

Let's start this off by saying I expect to die in GSF due to me working to level up my ship to make it better. I'm okay with dying repeatedly as long as I am working towards, even slowly, that next point where I can upgrade a part of my ship.

Here is where this becomes painful, when the other team is either an Organized guild/group, has better Ships, or better players that HAVE upgraded their ships to be a lot better to the point where they basically push your side back to your capitol ship and pick you off as you spawn out.

What this does is racks up your death count and NOT let you play the game to a point where you don't get any medals so that you can get any type of currency progression. I'd like to see something done to change this, not so I get lots more ship currency, but something that shows even though I am flying out to my death against these people that maybe damage done adds up and I can get a medal for that to help pad my currency a little better and not get put on the list of not having done anything.

Almost my entire team was 0 medals this last match and when you get a bad night and this happens every match, this makes the whole experience very dull.

Did you read any of the threads here to add too before making your own saying the exact same thing as everyone else?

It is due to low population in the queues.

/thread

Before you try to end something why don't you READ before posting.

I said NOTHING about the Q to get in, my topic was about the contribution medals that allows you to get some sort of ship currency and how when your side gets farmed all the way back to your capitol ship, you basically don't get any type of medal, even for damage done, thus nullifying you having even played in the match at all.

I don't see any other thread on this 1st page that has anything to the point what I am talking about.

I dunno about medals or such but I think an easy solution would be to take the bolstered mechanic from the tactical FPs and apply it to GSF. When you get on a team where newbies make up 40% or more of your team and you're flying against a team of predominantly vets you get a "bolster" to your equipped components which buffs them up by 1 or 2 upgrade tiers (capping at the final tier for a component before the tiers that have 2 options or final tier in the case of minor components).

It wouldn't make up for any skill differences but it would largely compensate for gear differences.

I said NOTHING about the Q to get in, my topic was about the contribution medals that allows you to get some sort of ship currency and how when your side gets farmed all the way back to your capitol ship, you basically don't get any type of medal, even for damage done, thus nullifying you having even played in the match at all.

I don't see any other thread on this 1st page that has anything to the point what I am talking about.

Matchmaking isn't working with the tiny population per server.

There's been literally a dozed topics about this.

You're talking about yet another symptom of the same underlying problem that everyone is talking about. You wouldn't be farmed back to your ship if the population was large enough to match players of even skill, instead of just granting lopsided wins to whoever has more veterans on at that particular time.

Everyone's complaining that it's really hot in this room, and you've started shouting that you're sweaty as if it's a new and unique problem and that nobody else is "to the point what I am talking about."

Edited by Buggleslor

I sympathize, but you have 3 spawn locations to choose from, and I've yet to see any team even attempt to cap them all.

What's usually happening is someone kills someone on your team... then they tab to get the next nearest target. They kill that person, then tab again ... the trail of "next targets" continues to lead them back to a single capital ship because your entire team keeps spawning there and flying directly toward what killed them before.

Choose a different spawn and fly in a different direction. Look for power-ups or easier targets on the other team. Come at them from above or below. Flank. Work the edges of the battlefield. Don't just keep flying heedlessly into the same thing that killed you before.

If an ace just WTFpwned you, don't go hunting for him thinking you'll get revenge. Avoid him and look for the newer pilots on his team. If you see someone get Damage Overcharge, tab until you find him on your sensors. If his back is to you, try to kill him to protect your teammates. If he's looking toward you, run.

I got a couple of matches today were it was almost pilots with the basic 2 ships on my side against mostly people with 5 ships on the other. One poor guy got killed 9 times for 4 assists I can only imagine he was somewhere between 0 and 2 medals and very few points.

The imbalance of sides is staggering. With most my team flying slowly back from the cap ship and having 3 or 4 people on me constantly I can't say my experience was overly great and was thankful when it was over. Which left me wondering was that meant to be fun. What the hell am I playing this for, what am I paying a subscription for to be chased by other ships for 7 or 8 minutes.

Which in away must be the realisation of most the people that have played it in the last 2 months cause it always seems to be very inexperienced ships that I'm matched with. It doesn't effect the tactical flash points in any way so despite a comment made in them it is completely separated. It feels that the entry into GSF is too step now for any new pilots not to question if its meant to be fun.

The imbalance of sides is staggering. With most my team flying slowly back from the cap ship and having 3 or 4 people on me constantly I can't say my experience was overly great and was thankful when it was over. Which left me wondering was that meant to be fun. What the hell am I playing this for, what am I paying a subscription for to be chased by other ships for 7 or 8 minutes.

Personally I'm under the impression that the supposedly "turned-off" matchmaking isn't turned-off completely. When I face what appears to be mostly newcomers, I'm rarely the only veteran, and oddly enough these veterans are usually put in the same squadron than me.

Basically, I feel like matchmaking builds squadrons by putting players with similar criterias, then mixes several squadrons to do an operation groups, trying to balance squadrons like players... But in the end, since it doesn't find a matching squadron at that time, it sends that handful of veterans together against a newcomer squad.

So not only it allows veterans to face newcomers, but it may be grouping them beforehand.

Which in away must be the realisation of most the people that have played it in the last 2 months cause it always seems to be very inexperienced ships that I'm matched with. It doesn't effect the tactical flash points in any way so despite a comment made in them it is completely separated. It feels that the entry into GSF is too step now for any new pilots not to question if its meant to be fun.

I've been saying since the PTS that the "climb" was going to be a problem. Gear makes WAY too much of a difference in GSF. New pilots have enough issues without running into someone who ignores all of their armor, most of their shields and does more damage than they do.

And for those who say it just takes matchmaking, it'll never happen. Too few people are still playing for matchmaking to ever work. That ship sailed when BW ignored the problems on the PTS.

honesty there is not much any one can do other then try to take it easy on the new pilots and fresh ships.

My guild has even went so far as to try to call everyone in the match's over to 1 control point or stay in the middle of a death match but there is not a lot you can do about pugs in a match and most the times it is the pugs and newbies on a team of vets thatmakes it worse because the vets will eventully pull off and back to the point or stay centrally located close to team for support you get more req from fending and to behone the amount that differs from and win and a loss is not that great maybe 100-200 req and over the coarse of a ships time to master it isn't that big of a deal

you get more req from attacking and defending a point

so if your in a dom match up and on new ships and being owned if you see 6-8 ships at one point that means they are giving you theother two don't go over there expecting to kill some one 1 on 6 go cap the sat that they laid out for you to gain req on by caping and defending

new players have to use some sense too not just the vets so it al cant be blamed on vets we where new once too you know and got killed a lot I got around 4000 deaths how many you new players got a 100-400

also have over 2000 matches played with well over 1200 wins now it takes time

I sympathize, but you have 3 spawn locations to choose from, and I've yet to see any team even attempt to cap them all.

What's usually happening is someone kills someone on your team... then they tab to get the next nearest target. They kill that person, then tab again ... the trail of "next targets" continues to lead them back to a single capital ship because your entire team keeps spawning there and flying directly toward what killed them before.

Choose a different spawn and fly in a different direction. Look for power-ups or easier targets on the other team. Come at them from above or below. Flank. Work the edges of the battlefield. Don't just keep flying heedlessly into the same thing that killed you before.

If an ace just WTFpwned you, don't go hunting for him thinking you'll get revenge. Avoid him and look for the newer pilots on his team. If you see someone get Damage Overcharge, tab until you find him on your sensors. If his back is to you, try to kill him to protect your teammates. If he's looking toward you, run.

This is the best advice anyone could give.

my own solution to this, comming from one of the experienced players, i warn my team to stay away from there capital ships, failure to do so is i swap faction which im equally as good and i farm that person none stop if i spot them. had some good results less spawn farming.

not all the good players farm noobs, i rather they learn, become better players to give a challengue and increase the player base using gsf.