Clicked on Referral Link - What's Next?

karimthejedi

Hey Guys,

So I found a trustworthy guild member to do the referral thingy and all went well. I then received a in-game mail with some added bonuses like 5XP boosters and other small items.

But part of the real deal is the extra 7 days of subscription as well as the Preferred Bundle that includes the Crew Skill Slot and other stuff like Titles and Unified Colors.

When do those take effect? I am currently a subscriber until about mid-October; do they take effect right after the subscription ends? Or must I subscribe in the interim to gain those additional rewards?

Any helpful responses would be great. Thank you all.

Cheers,

Karim

You must be a relatively new account, then. There are two Bundles available: the Jumpstart Bungle and the Preferred Friends Bundle.

If you are a new account and you use a referral link you will receive the Jumpstart Bundle. Unfortunately, new accounts using a referral link do not receive the 7-days of premium time. The Jumpstart Bundles includes:

• Quick Travel Pass - useless now, can trash it
  • 5x Minor XP Boost - useful when starting a new character
  • Unlock: Inventory Module

Returning subscribers who use a referral link will receive the Preferred Friends Bundle, and only they are eligible to receive the 7-days of premium time. The Preferred Friends Bundles includes:

• Unlock: Inventory Module
  • Unlock: Crew Skill Slot
  • Customization Control: Display Titles
  • Customization Control: Unify Colors

Whilst you are not currently eligible to receive the Preferred Friends Bundle or the 7-days of premium time, you can use another referral link in 90-days and still receive them. That means that all current and future characters will receive both Bundles via in-game, which combined includes two inventory module unlocks (save those two for the last two inventory unlocks as those two are the most expensive).

Note that the Bundles are granted on the first use only. So, only the first eligible referral link use will grant the Jumpstart Bundle, and the second eligible use will grant the Preferred Friends Bundle and 7-days of premium time. Additional referral link uses after that will only grant the 7-days of premium time.

Thank you ceryxp for your detailed response; much appreciated!

Can I ask if the 90 days waiting period begins from the day I click on my first referral link? And must I be a subscriber after the 90 day period to gain the Preferred Bundle, or can I gain it as simply a Preferred player?

Thanks once again!

Thank you ceryxp for your detailed response; much appreciated!

Can I ask if the 90 days waiting period begins from the day I click on my first referral link? And must I be a subscriber after the 90 day period to gain the Preferred Bundle, or can I gain it as simply a Preferred player?

Thanks once again!

The Terms and Conditions do not specify when the clock starts, only that one may not be referred again for 90-days.

• Previous Subscribers who participate in Friends of SWTOR cannot be referred again for 90 days.

If I remember correctly, you do not need to subscribe in order to receive the Preferred Friends Bundle. Merely using a referral link as a former subscriber will grant you the Bundle and the 7-days of premium time.