Permanent Companion Conversations

HRBEK

I'm sure a few people have recommended something similar, but I thought it would be a neat feature for those who have finished the story arcs with their companions to have available the option of fixed conversations that are always available, or at least available daily. In this sense, once companions have returned to you in KOTFE, KOTET, Onslaught, and so on, companion interactions would become similar to interactions with Hylo and Dr. Oggurobb in the Alliance Base. That is, you can always (or daily) kick up a conversation with that companion, even if the number of things you can actually do/say is restricted.

I'd imagine it wouldn't be particularly difficult to implement, and it would increase the relevance of all of the companions from the main class stories (and others, I'm sure). Certainly it would be good for companions that have been romanced, but I think it would be good across the board if they seemed more accessible and less like afterthoughts once their story arcs had been completed. Some of their stories were brief enough as they were.

No doubt there are others who could spice this up and make a better concept out of it, but I thought something of this sort would be a welcome addition, if extending companion story arcs is out of the question (e.g., finding out more details from Risha regarding what happened with her Dubrillion ambitions, the Inquisitor marrying Ashara, maybe adding an interesting story for Pierce or Rusk, and some awkward romance with Talos, etc.).

I would want them fully voiced though. For romanced comps there should be a kiss option, similar to the Dragon Age games. It'd be cool to have little daily quests with them as well, maybe they could even be worth a small amount of conquest points. I really wish they would do some of these things to make it feel like our favorite companions are still an important part of our character's lives.

I'm sure a few people have recommended something similar, but I thought it would be a neat feature for those who have finished the story arcs with their companions to have available the option of fixed conversations that are always available, or at least available daily. In this sense, once companions have returned to you in KOTFE, KOTET, Onslaught, and so on, companion interactions would become similar to interactions with Hylo and Dr. Oggurobb in the Alliance Base. That is, you can always (or daily) kick up a conversation with that companion, even if the number of things you can actually do/say is restricted.

I'd imagine it wouldn't be particularly difficult to implement, and it would increase the relevance of all of the companions from the main class stories (and others, I'm sure). Certainly it would be good for companions that have been romanced, but I think it would be good across the board if they seemed more accessible and less like afterthoughts once their story arcs had been completed. Some of their stories were brief enough as they were.

No doubt there are others who could spice this up and make a better concept out of it, but I thought something of this sort would be a welcome addition, if extending companion story arcs is out of the question (e.g., finding out more details from Risha regarding what happened with her Dubrillion ambitions, the Inquisitor marrying Ashara, maybe adding an interesting story for Pierce or Rusk, and some awkward romance with Talos, etc.).

The biggest issue is getting the team to return companions to an "active" role in the first place. Since JUS our companions have been pretty much "bricked" (as some have termed) .. meaning placed behind a brick wall and seldom (IF EVER) heard from again.

IMO there should be a LOT more available in this area ... including (as some have suggested in the past) ... repeatable interactions available.

There is so much potential available in this area.

BTW... it should be noted that some of those interactions could be just for fun .. the "group" (selected from your active companions) ... getting together for some "fun" (at a beach or that new chalet SH that we hope to see).

At any rate ... there is so much fun that could be done with this area !!

I know ... lots of $$$ spent and nothing for other areas of the game.

Truth is ... a lot more $$$ could and SHOULD be given to this game and the team ! They deserve more resources !!

I'll get off my soap box now !

:D

I don't like how the Influence seems to shrink over time for various gifts or items, and not all Companion Conversations give Influence either! I'd welcome more Companion conversations, if they gave Influence, or even renown, and it be nice to see a few more Companion Customizations options. as well.

At least crafting missions don't seem to reduce the Influence given as your Companion increases, but the GIFTS sadly do which is a bit of a shame.

A gift that started over 500+ influence later shrinks down to less than < 250. :(

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar.

I don't like how the Influence seems to shrink over time for various gifts or items, and not all Companion Conversations don't give Influence either! I'd welcome more Companion conversations, if they gave Influence, or even renown, and it be nice to see a few more Companion Customizations options. as well.

At least crafting missions don't seem to reduce the Influence given as your Companion increases, but the GIFTS sadly do which is a bit of a shame.

A gift that started over 500+ influence later shrinks down to less than < 250. :(

Type in the letter "y" using your interface ... scroll down and look on the right hand side. (somewhere on that list ) and you will find a listing for companion conversation increase points ( I forget the exact listing for this area). Be prepared to spend a few hundred K in credits ... but you can boost that 250 up a lot more !!

You can also reduce the time it takes to feed those gifts considerably under that same menu (different heading).

Type in the letter "y" using your interface ... scroll down and look on the right hand side. (somewhere on that list ) and you will find a listing for companion conversation increase points ( I forget the exact listing for this area). Be prepared to spend a few hundred K in credits ... but you can boost that 250 up a lot more !!

You can also reduce the time it takes to feed those gifts considerably under that same menu (different heading).

If you are not short on credits, it's a great idea, helps levelling them up faster, and doesn't take as long. Best part, even a preff can do it, as all the option are less than a mill, so as long as you have credits in the legacy bank, you can keep going.

Edited by DarkestMicheal

If you are not short on credits, it's a great idea, helps levelling them up faster, and doesn't take as long. Best part, even a preff can do it, as all the option are less than a mill, so as long as you have credits in the legacy bank, you can keep going.

Most definitely !! It takes a few credits ... but there are all sorts of perks available through "Legacy" !

• 2 weeks later...
It depends on whether they're interested in tinkering with the current game experience to make it better, or whether it's a matter of leaving past elements of gameplay (e.g., old companions now no longer integral to the progressing story) behind. It's certainly something that should have been done in the first place, but I think it's still worth the investment now, just to tie up a loose end that a lot of players have been frustrated by. I see heaps of people complaining about how companions become side-notes. This would be a nice way to tie up that loose end without having to carve out places for every single companion in the main storyline.