Lame new story

Jaruss

I am no longer gonna pay for this you disappointed me on this new update.....a hour of game play come on give us what we all have been paying for crap its boring now and I loved this game!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To each their own but I thought this was a fun story. Problem is the fact it takes a while to create content and players like us chew through it in 1/10th the time.

It's not like they can just whip out content on a whim just to keep us happy. Stuff like this takes time, more so when voice acting is involved.

To each their own but I thought this was a fun story. Problem is the fact it takes a while to create content and players like us chew through it in 1/10th the time.

It's not like they can just whip out content on a whim just to keep us happy. Stuff like this takes time, more so when voice acting is involved.

this a thousand times this

There are some good parts, but overall I agree that the expansion is a disappointment.

-Arcann is some unsympathetic version of Zuko

-Vaylin is Azula, but only crazier and less intelligent, she's also "evil for the sake of evil" and is very annoying

-Valkorion's role as antagonist is getting boring, I want a totally new antagonist

-Getting thrown around like a ragdoll because the plot demands it is not cool

-We should not get our butt kicked by Arcann or Vaylin, actually we should be kicking their butt

-Saresh is now Palpatine 2.0 and somehow manages to control the Senate for no apparent reason other than because the plot demands it

-We still have no male Force-user romance

-The "beyond light and dark" reason is some lame excuse to make us seem weak. Also, Arcann and Vaylin are obviously evil and drunk on the dark side since they are killing left and right

-Satele has apparently fallen to the dark side while Darth Marr has become a softie

-Why can't we just sneak into the Palace on Zakuul, kill Arcann and Vaylin and then just blow up the planet and empire or something like that (instead of devising some overly complicated plan)

-Same story for all classes, no flavor anymore, like the Sith Inquisitor has no Force lightning dialogue options or the Sith Warrior has no Force choke dialogue options

-Ludonarrative dissonance

-Plotholes

-Why can't we just go back to Tython/Coruscant/Korriban/Dromund Kaas and look for some of our companions there? Surely KIra and Nadia are still Jedi and Ashara and Jaesa are still Dark Jedi/Sith, so some Jedi or Sith should know where they are.

-Why can't we just go back to Dromund Kaas and kill Acina, then take control of what remains of the Empire?

-Why can't we just go back to Coruscant, kill Saresh and then take control of the Republic?

Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...

There are some good parts, but overall I agree that the expansion is a disappointment.

-Arcann is some unsympathetic version of Zuko

-Vaylin is Azula, but only crazier and less intelligent, she's also "evil for the sake of evil" and is very annoying

-Valkorion's role as antagonist is getting boring, I want a totally new antagonist

-Getting thrown around like a ragdoll because the plot demands it is not cool

-We should not get our butt kicked by Arcann or Vaylin, actually we should be kicking their butt

-Saresh is now Palpatine 2.0 and somehow manages to control the Senate for no apparent reason other than because the plot demands it

-We still have no male Force-user romance

-The "beyond light and dark" reason is some lame excuse to make us seem weak. Also, Arcann and Vaylin are obviously evil and drunk on the dark side since they are killing left and right

-Satele has apparently fallen to the dark side while Darth Marr has become a softie

-Why can't we just sneak into the Palace on Zakuul, kill Arcann and Vaylin and then just blow up the planet and empire or something like that (instead of devising some overly complicated plan)

-Same story for all classes, no flavor anymore, like the Sith Inquisitor has no Force lightning dialogue options or the Sith Warrior has no Force choke dialogue options

-Ludonarrative dissonance

-Plotholes

-Why can't we just go back to Tython/Coruscant/Korriban/Dromund Kaas and look for some of our companions there? Surely KIra and Nadia are still Jedi and Ashara and Jaesa are still Dark Jedi/Sith, so some Jedi or Sith should know where they are.

-Why can't we just go back to Dromund Kaas and kill Acina, then take control of what remains of the Empire?

-Why can't we just go back to Coruscant, kill Saresh and then take control of the Republic?

Like most of the star wars movies themselves didn't have plot holes.

-

Why can't we just go back to Tython/Coruscant/Korriban/Dromund Kaas and look for some of our companions there?

You do recall with SOR that Tython and Korriban has been destroyed right. If you have done the flashpoints those two planets are destroyed so therefore looking for companions among the rubble would be highly unlikely.

If you have done Chapter 2 on KOTFE you would have seen that Coruscant and Dromund Kaas has been destroyed as well. Companions among the rubble not likely.

Surely KIra and Nadia are still Jedi and Ashara and Jaesa are still Dark Jedi/Sith, so some Jedi or Sith should know where they are.

If you have done the alert for the companion on Alderaan you would have known there are very few Jedi and Sith around so them knowing where two Jedi or two sith are would be most unlikely due to everything that has happened since the Eternal Fleet took control (or have you been paying attentiion?)

I don't have an appropriate clip for this, but, dude. Let it go.

NEVER! I'll NEVER GIVE UP! If you disagree, fine, but let me do whatever I want.

You do recall with SOR that Tython and Korriban has been destroyed right. If you have done the flashpoints those two planets are destroyed so therefore looking for companions among the rubble would be highly unlikely.

If you have done Chapter 2 on KOTFE you would have seen that Coruscant and Dromund Kaas has been destroyed as well. Companions among the rubble not likely.

The Jedi Temple on Tython and Sith Academy onKorriban were likely renovated by the time of the Eternal Empire invasion, it's unlikely they would just let those places remain in ruins. And the planets themselves are obviously not destroyed.

Coruscant and Dromund Kaas are blockaded, not conquered. Most, if not all buildings are probably intact.The "visions" we had was just Valkorion's deception.

If you have done the alert for the companion on Alderaan you would have known there are very few Jedi and Sith around so them knowing where two Jedi or two sith are would be most unlikely due to everything that has happened since the Eternal Fleet took control (or have you been paying attentiion?)

What? How can 10,000 Jedi vanish into thin air? There is no way anything near that number could have been killed. Maybe half of them, but certainly not more.

What? How can 10,000 Jedi vanish into thin air? There is no way anything near that number could have been killed. Maybe half of them, but certainly not more.

You're forgetting that the galaxy has a population of 100 trillion humanoids or more. The only hard estimates I've ever seen were that the Chiss numbered about 9 trillion, and that didn't include the non-Chiss populations on worlds within the Ascendancy.

There are at least that many humans between the Republic and Empire, if not twice that, plus who knows how many of the other species. 10,000 Jedi and 10,000 Sith aren't even .001% of that.

Also consider that the Empire and Republic had been busy smacking each other for a couple of years before the Eternal Empire showed up, and the Jedi hadn't even recovered their numbers from the sacking of Coruscant. So yes, the Jedi probably were decimated by the Eternal Empire, which Satele even tells us is what happened; they fought and fought, and constantly failed.

Meanwhile the Sith start turning on each other (because Marr and Wrath disappeared, though that assumes Wrath exists in the same timeline as the other heroes rather than a parallel timeline BUT I DIGRESS) and continue trying to wage war against the Republic AND try to take on the Eternal Empire. Any no doubt there were plenty of Sith who went below ground to avoid ALL of their enemies.

Then in comes the Eternal Empire with 10,000+ Knights supplemented by an inexhaustible military droid apparatus numbering in the millions. Oh, and that fleet of ships that can't be stopped.

So Force users crushed mercilessly? Yeah. They were SO crushed.

Bla bla bla, the Zakuul Empire is just some army of Mary Sues because the plot demands it. Also, these guards don't seem so tough because we're kicking their butts.

Also, I am certain there are nowhere near anything like 10,000 Zakuul Knights. It doesn't seem very believable that Valkorion can just create such an army in like a decade or less time.

The Order cannot have been decimated, more likely scattered and disorganized. Same with the Sith.

Edited by Axcalion

Bla bla bla, the Zakuul Empire is just some army of Mary Sues because the plot demands it. Also, these guards don't seem so tough because we're kicking their butts.

Also, I am certain there are nowhere near anything like 10,000 Zakuul Knights. It doesn't seem very believable that Valkorion can just create such an army in like a decade or less time.

The Order cannot have been decimated, more likely scattered and disorganized. Same with the Sith.

The order can be decimated. Remember what Anakin and the Clones did. It can and may have happened before.

As much as I like the Jedi and Sith I will not stick my head in the sand and say that this could not have happened.

Edited by casirabit

I certainly love the PoV that everyone BUT the Jedi/Sith are Mary Sues when said Jedi/Sith are some of the biggest around because *gasp* plot demands it.

Talk about hypocrisy to the nth degree.

Sorry as strong as Jedi/Sith are guess what they still are. MORTAL. Or do we tend to forget order 66? I don't find it very hard that a fleet that is unstoppable, an inexhaustible set of Droid coupled with a force using order couldn't take on and defeat an already battle weary and exhausted Empire/Republic and their force users.

I liked this chapter and some others.

I am always wondering how people think they "killed" the game with this story - I mean for quite some time we didn't even had a story update. Sure you can like it or not but for me even a story with plot holes is better than no story and it is not as if any star wars movie before had no plot holes...or as if the sor story would have been better.

I agree with the person who said the Sith and Jedi are mortal. Not all dead force users can be force ghosts. It takes A LOT out of them. Majority of them have walked into the light (or whatever SW version there is).

Aside from the Emperor/Valkorian and possibly Scourge, all the Sith and Jedi need to eat, go potty, sleep, etc. Just because they can use the Force doesn't mean they're unstoppable.

Also, the Zakuulans may be able to be defeated, I'm pretty sure if a soldier shoots them in the back, they're dead. But the reason WE can take out Knights and whoop Arcann and Vaylin's butt (even if the story stops us) is because we're the PLAYER CHARACTER. If ANYONE in this entire game is a 'Mary/Marty Sue/Stu' it is us, the player.

Jorgan and Forex were in the trenches fighting off knights for months. We can take them out, but it's part of the game play.

Just because WE, the PC, can smack a ***** easily, doesn't mean the rest of the Galaxy can. We're special in comparison. Of course we can take out the missile or not be force persuaded, etc etc. It's the game play. The game is meant to revolve around us whether we play a Smuggler or a Sith Warrior.

Actually Eternal Fleet vs Empire and Republic fleets so far is quite realistic in my opinion. It is actually more unrealistic to have big space empires of equal technology so that one does not wipe out other fast.

You still do not know what that word means.

Mary Sue - Noun - A character whose abilities are great and/or who is very likeable, having no bad traits

Something like that.

The Zakuul Knights are made to seem stronger than either Jedi or Sith lorewise, for no good reason at all.

Also, why would the Zakuul Knights be stronger than Jedi or Sith, we are talking about Force-sensitive Orders with techniques, strategies and martial arts that are thousands of years old. Compare that to the Knights of Zakuul who appeared out of thin air and apparently have not been around for very long. And don't give me that "beyond light and dark" explanation, because that's some lame reason Bioware made up. Light and dark are equally powerful and a supposed grey side would be equally powerful as either one. Being a "grey Jedi" shouldn't magically make you more powerful than a Jedi or Sith.

-Plotholes

Politics probably, for daring to fight the eternal empire rather than the sith empire Chancellor Saresh would have you hung drawn and quartered as soon as you set foot in republic space and that Darth Acena?? would see you as too much of a rival (especially if sith) to let you run around imperial space unchecked.

Politics probably, for daring to fight the eternal empire rather than the sith empire Chancellor Saresh would have you hung drawn and quartered as soon as you set foot in republic space and that Darth Acena?? would see you as too much of a rival (especially if sith) to let you run around imperial space unchecked.

If Chancellor Saresh dared to arrest or kill the Hero of Tython of Barsenthor, the people would quickly turn against her. An angry mob of millions would form, storm the Palace of the Republic and killed Saresh before you could say Galactic Republic. Also, those two Jedi are very well known as national heroes, Saresh couldn't do much. Even if she have us arrested or killed we could easily dispatch any forces that she sends to us.

Darth Acina can't be that strong, she would pose no real challenge to us. I also doubt the military follows her blindly. Everyone in the empire knows that Darth Nox and the Empire's Wrath are NOT to be messed with. Any attempt to have us arrested would be futile, unless she throws a nuke on us. We could just walk into the Citadel, kill Acina and proclaim ourself Emperor/Empress of the Sith.

Mary Sue - Noun - A character whose abilities are great .

Having great abilities is not being a sue.

and/or who is very likeable, having no bad traits

Something like that.

So, not the Knights of Zakuul, Arcann or Vaylin?

The Zakuul Knights are made to seem stronger than either Jedi or Sith lorewise, for no good reason at all.

Also, why would the Zakuul Knights be stronger than Jedi or Sith, we are talking about Force-sensitive Orders with techniques, strategies and martial arts that are thousands of years old. Compare that to the Knights of Zakuul who appeared out of thin air and apparently have not been around for very long.

1. Who said they haven't been around for long? They were around way before Valkorion took over their Empire from the previous Emperor

2. We can argue back and fourth about whether this makes sense untill we turn blue, but that doesn't have much to do with them being Mary Sues or not.

And don't give me that "beyond light and dark" explanation, because that's some lame reason Bioware made up. Light and dark are equally powerful and a supposed grey side would be equally powerful as either one. [

It's not just some lame reason Bioware made up, it's the usual speal of the EU universe as a whole, Bioware already had the grey possibly being better then simply going to one side as a thing all the way back in KOTOR. Whether you like it or not doesn't matter to this, it makes sense in the context of the story because the story was made to support the notion.

Being a "grey Jedi" shouldn't magically make you more powerful than a Jedi or Sith

Just like being light or dark doesn't instantly make you more powerful then anyone else. Power in the SW universe is in skill and knowledge, which Zakuul have. ALso Zakuul has the Eternal Fleet.