Pyro PT/Smash Jug/Mara

ellrochell

10m only applied to our hard stun. incendiary missile and thermal det still have 30m range for mercs

then *** is all the complaining about?

idk this merc issue/non issue of off topic

can we get back to talking about how faceroll and mindless skillsmash and pt pyro is

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its clear a lot of you fail to see how being able to do double everyone's damage isn't OP. As stated they get a slow with FB a dot with FB and this can be applied from 10m away, if you have every played a mara and pt you will realise its a lot easier not to get stunned to death as a pt.

Its clear a lot of you fail to see how being able to do double everyone's damage isn't OP. As stated they get a slow with FB a dot with FB and this can be applied from 10m away, if you have every played a mara and pt you will realise its a lot easier not to get stunned to death as a pt.

Its clear you're upset you died to a powertech /thread.

Any DPS class in the game can be countered in a number of ways provided you know how, and have the right opportunity and knowledge. The same cannot be said of Pyro PT. If one's turned their attention on you, there's really nothing you can do (unless they're absolutely retarded), you're just going to get horribly melted in seconds unless you have a lot of team support and heals.

So yes, Pyro PT is really overpowered. But I would rather not see them go the way of the Operative and be nerfed into useless obscurity.

Quick fix to bring Pyros in line without utterly destroying them is relatively simple. Just move the Puncture talent much higher up into the Advanced Prototype Tree. Bingo, problem solved!

90% defense ignore is retarded. Pyro Mercs can't have that, why should the already more powerful PT version get it when they're not even hampered by the same casted abilities? Also, might want to reduce the range on Rail Shot to 10m. (Merc and Commando allowed to keep the 30m version.)

Bottom line, I'd love to see some actual variety in Warzones (or the entire game itself) again. Pls buff advanced prototype and other drastically underused trees. m~-.-~m

Any DPS class in the game can be countered in a number of ways provided you know how, and have the right opportunity and knowledge. The same cannot be said of Pyro PT. If one's turned their attention on you, there's really nothing you can do (unless they're absolutely retarded), you're just going to get horribly melted in seconds unless you have a lot of team support and heals.

So yes, Pyro PT is really overpowered. But I would rather not see them go the way of the Operative and be nerfed into useless obscurity.

Quick fix to bring Pyros in line without utterly destroying them is relatively simple. Just move the Puncture talent much higher up into the Advanced Prototype Tree. Bingo, problem solved!

90% defense ignore is retarded. Pyro Mercs can't have that, why should the already more powerful PT version get it when they're not even hampered by the same casted abilities? Also, might want to reduce the range on Rail Shot to 10m. (Merc and Commando allowed to keep the 30m version.)

Bottom line, I'd love to see some actual variety in Warzones (or the entire game itself) again. Pls buff advanced prototype and other drastically underused trees. m~-.-~m

Stun pyro, kite pyro, kill pyro. Not at all impossible to kill and it's not like they sneak up on you or close the distance really quickly with Force Charge.

But you idea on putting Puncture higher up the tree is interesting. Have to find something else to replace it's position, however.

guilty!

is this u or are u just posting it?

i used to play with/against that toon on daragon trail.. im even a victim in that video halfway through

tbh even with a nerf pt's arent too far off from this, at least not vs sorc.. its very har dto survive such a bursty faceroll rotation on a short cd.

with a grapple and two stuns a sorc can neither out dps a pt 1v1 or survive too long...

perhaps a cast time on TD or railshot will take this class back to reality

Damage does not equal effectiveness. You could have a Sin do half your damage but be far more effective in a fight. PT's get a lot of their total damage in splash and AOE.

I'm an operative and I can confirm this statement. I never hit the top of the charts in terms of dps, but if I focus someone down they don't usually stand up from the floor. Yes, dps/burst is important, but it's not necessarily better to to take 3-4 people to 50% hp which gets healed back than killing off one key player completely.

I'm an operative and I can confirm this statement. I never hit the top of the charts in terms of dps, but if I focus someone down they don't usually stand up from the floor. Yes, dps/burst is important, but it's not necessarily better to to take 3-4 people to 50% hp which gets healed back than killing off one key player completely.

false

in rateds, big burst and quick switches burn targets down

with smash juggs/mara's pt pyro is amazing at quick and big dmg

exactly what it was like to play my PT, easy.

There are other classes that have burst damage too, right? Not as high as the PT, but high enough to kill someone.

What are those classes, how do you stop them from killing you and how do you bring the PT down to line?

Please don't give knee jerk responses like 'cast times on Rail Shot', please.

There are other classes that have burst damage too, right? Not as high as the PT, but high enough to kill someone.

What are those classes, how do you stop them from killing you and how do you bring the PT down to line?

I don't know maybe 2 sec c/d on FB, make FB 4 meters. Not 100% chance to apply CGC. Not as much Armour penetration on rail shot. This is in exchange for some defensive CD very similar to the maras.

why not?

do u feel its balanced to have an ability which can crit for 5k that is instant and could be cast twice in 3 seconds?

why not?

do u feel its balanced to have an ability which can crit for 5k that is instant and could be cast twice in 3 seconds?

You realize a tankasin can do this too right? Don't you you ************ there.

And yes it's fine because they only get to do it at the start of a fight, after that it's every 6 seconds. It's not like they're RS>FB>RS>FB>RS>FB all day.

@OP

if u playing as mara/sent cant pull same or even higher numbers as PT then ur playing wrong.

Carnage spec can easly burst others as fast or even faster then PT.

so stop crying and trolling and LEARN TO PLAY!

lol you have read anything in this thread i have wrote, go away.

I don't know maybe 2 sec c/d on FB, make FB 4 meters. Not 100% chance to apply CGC. Not as much Armour penetration on rail shot. This is in exchange for some defensive CD very similar to the maras.

I can agree with all of these, except maybe the range nerf on FB. Cooldown or range nerf, not both. It's also the bread and butter attack for AP, which doesn't deserve that nerf.

Well, I think it is not necessary to reduce the distance since the foundation of the archetype. Increase the value of FB from 15 to 25 (in the case of the PT) and reduce the chance reset RS at least 30% and preferably up to 25% is necessary. And also 100% chance to remove vent 8 heat. Increase the gap between the PPA effect procs to 12 seconds.