I'm So Tired...

...of all the bugs in end-game operations. Yes yes I know I'm going to get blasted by all the people who don't do end-game operations, and there are many many bugs in this game and only a small fraction of them in end-game. But Ops are what I know, since I don't PvP and I don't alt.

Last night we spent an hour and a half on the stupid Pylons bug. Halfway through they either become unclickable or you can click them but they don't rotate. I've heard rumours that BW say this is working as intended, but I think thats utter rubbish. An hour and a half! That was about 12 pulls, because every time it bugged we had to reset the instance due to not being able to enter afterwards, and that meant clearing the trash again. I'll admit I think we are total pros at doing that now.

Lets talk about Soa. I havent killed him on nm this week yet because of the above Pylons incident, but seriously....he is (or was before patch) completely bugged. I'm not just talking about the one bug they fixed (tank losing threat), but what about the platforms not respawning? Or more annoyingly the fact that when he spawns his balls he sometimes spawns 4 but only announces 3? Or that they lose their nameplate if their owner gets mindtrapped/whirled? Or sometimes he doesn't announce at all!

Droid...some people randomly don't get his announcement for "I have 24 distinct weapons technologies", although this doesn't really matter since the boss is cake anyway.

Then of course there's the fact that we have to use group loot because Master Loot is bugged. Why oh why Bioware won't just come out and say it I don't know, we certainly all know it is. Again I've heard rumours that it is fixed, but am I really going to risk losing the loot in nightmare to test it? If BW admitted it was a bug then they could also tell us when it is fixed!

Group loot is working fine for us, we use a Karma system and the RL just does the rolls on his dice at home and then loots one at a time which we all pass except the person who won. But it would be easier with Master Loot.

I won't go on about /roll because apparently it is coming soon.

OK, now....I can take bugs. What is really worrying me is that the game has been out for two months. Please save your "Yeah, only TWO months", I don't remember MC EVER being this buggy for this long. At least the basic mechanics worked properly. Are BW waiting for the whole population to get to 50 before they start fixing end-game? I'm not just talking about operations now, I'm aware that there are just as many bugs in PvP.

What do you do once you hit 50? Well unless you just turn around and start an alt from level 1 you really either do endgame Ops or endgame PvP, or both right? And both have crippling bugs!

Back to Ops for a sec, 1.2 is around the corner (March they said), and with it comes a new tier of raids. It can only be a few weeks away, yet there are still so many bugs with the first tier. Will there be similar ridiculous bugs in Tier 2 that go on for months and months without even being acknowledged?

I for one will give it until 1.2 to see what happens. I've paid for a 6 month sub so I haven't really got a choice. And ye I know its almost another "I'm quitting!" post, but I want this game to work and it seems the only obstacle is BW. I'm not entirely sure about their plan, why they don't fix bugs in a timely manner, why they don't offer PTS transfers (or pre-made 50s) to test their content (I mean seriously? How stupid do you have to be to think a decent amount of people are going to level to 50 on the PTS?).

All I can see is people unsubbing around me left and right, simply because of the amount of bugs and the state of the engine. Playing at 10 fps in combat isn't fun. Many people have left before me and many will leave after me, and many won't care.

But sooner or later everyone gets there.

Edited by Doobyman

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In b4 the Biodrone fanbois attack you and this thread.

'Give them moooar time'....or 'theyre working on it naoooo'

Like so...

Your take on the game is valid, and many people feel the same way. My guild lost another 13 members in the last 9 days. My friends list is down to 3 from 28 people. Those three barely log on anylonger.

But regardless, get ready to be attacked for stating your opinion.

...of all the bugs in end-game operations. Yes yes I know I'm going to get blasted by all the people who don't do end-game operations, and there are many many bugs in this game and only a small fraction of them in end-game. But Ops are what I know, since I don't PvP and I don't alt.

Last night we spent an hour and a half on the stupid Pylons bug. Halfway through they either become unclickable or you can click them but they don't rotate. I've heard rumours that BW say this is working as intended, but I think thats utter rubbish. An hour and a half! That was about 12 pulls, because every time it bugged we had to reset the instance due to not being able to enter afterwards, and that meant clearing the trash again. I'll admit I think we are total pros at doing that now.

Lets talk about Soa. I havent killed him on nm this week yet because of the above Pylons incident, but seriously....he is (or was before patch) completely bugged. I'm not just talking about the one bug they fixed (tank losing threat), but what about the platforms not respawning? Or more annoyingly the fact that when he spawns his balls he sometimes spawns 4 but only announces 3? Or that they lose their nameplate if their owner gets mindtrapped/whirled? Or sometimes he doesn't announce at all!

Droid...some people randomly don't get his announcement for "I have 24 distinct weapons technologies", although this doesn't really matter since the boss is cake anyway.

Then of course there's the fact that we have to use group loot because Master Loot is bugged. Why oh why Bioware won't just come out and say it I don't know, we certainly all know it is. Again I've heard rumours that it is fixed, but am I really going to risk losing the loot in nightmare to test it? If BW admitted it was a bug then they could also tell us when it is fixed!

Group loot is working fine for us, we use a Karma system and the RL just does the rolls on his dice at home and then loots one at a time which we all pass except the person who won. But it would be easier with Master Loot.

I won't go on about /roll because apparently it is coming soon.

OK, now....I can take bugs. What is really worrying me is that the game has been out for two months. Please save your "Yeah, only TWO months", I don't remember MC EVER being this buggy for this long. At least the basic mechanics worked properly. Are BW waiting for the whole population to get to 50 before they start fixing end-game? I'm not just talking about operations now, I'm aware that there are just as many bugs in PvP.

What do you do once you hit 50? Well unless you just turn around and start an alt from level 1 you really either do endgame Ops or endgame PvP, or both right? And both have crippling bugs!

Back to Ops for a sec, 1.2 is around the corner (March they said), and with it comes a new tier of raids. It can only be a few weeks away, yet there are still so many bugs with the first tier. Will there be similar ridiculous bugs in Tier 2 that go on for months and months without even being acknowledged?

I for one will give it until 1.2 to see what happens. I've paid for a 6 month sub so I haven't really got a choice. And ye I know its almost another "I'm quitting!" post, but I want this game to work and it seems the only obstacle is BW. I'm not entirely sure about their plan, why they don't fix bugs in a timely manner, why they don't offer PTS transfers (or pre-made 50s) to test their content (I mean seriously? How stupid do you have to be to think a decent amount of people are going to level to 50 on the PTS?).

All I can see is people unsubbing around me left and right, simply because of the amount of bugs and the state of the engine. Playing at 10 fps in combat isn't fun. Many people have left before me and many will leave after me, and many won't care.

But sooner or later everyone gets there.

Yes I 100% agree with you because I found with guild the SAME bug. What I hate more isn't bug in itself, but more the fact they say "It's fixed" just to make misinformation.

And it's not the first time Bioware act like this on SWTOR.

A lot of people are feeling this way, and rightly so. The forums are brimming with angry people at the moment, and of course people who would rush to defend any negative points made.

Something needs to be done fast, as all I see from guild/friends list is people leaving or just not logging in at all...

Lol, that was a fast correction, a fast answer for either situation: "wasn't there" and "was there". But it was there and it had plenty of bugs, from auto-resetting itself every day (very nice for progression) over multi-chained packs, mobs getting stuck in the wall to dreaded evasion. Existing even a couple of months after release. I've been a Molten Core raider from early June 2005 and we still hit a couple of bugs. And yes, angry players met calm players who told them to be patient because they are working on that kind of stuff.

I placated first, then thought "no, I AM right" and found the evidence :p

I'm not angry. I'm just disappointed. Why is BW so silent about these issues? Its like they're pretending they are not there, just so they can turn around and say "bug? what bug?".

There actualy is a work around that works in HM, Havent tested in NM yet (will tonight).

ALWAYS solve the SOUTH puzzle 1st. one every part of the puzzle have them solve it 1st. It has never bugged for us when we did this.

Soa.. still bugged like hell as of yesterday (NM) We had them all, tank mindtrapped and boss resetting, no platforms, people randomly not being able to do anything in phase 3, people unable to be ressed etc etc etc.. Took us fregging 1.5 hours to get a clean run without issues and kill him.

The bugs on HM pylons are easy to overcome, if you're talking about the same one I am thinking of.

Not to excuse it or anything, but there's no reason for your guild to go in there and wipe 12 times in a row.

The colors on the wheels are the same rotation every time, they are just in a different order. The wheels don't change, but the solution does.

First, you need to find the solution to each pylon before you start. This will change every attempt if you wipe. The wheel is the same every time, but they are in a different order.

So I type it out in ops chat for my guild before hand. Something like NORTH: 3R, 2L, 2L, 3L for the north pylon.

The reason this is important is because each pylon has specific wheels that need to be solved first to prevent the bug.

The north pylon has to solve the first and the fourth wheels BEFORE the south pylon solves those wheels.

The south pylon has to solve the second and third wheels BEFORE the north pylon solves them.

So on the first wheel, if the north needs to go 3 left turns, but the south only needs to go 2 left turns, then the south would turn it left once and wait for the north pylon to solve the first wheel. Then the south can click to solve after the north one is completed.

My guild avoids the bug 100% of the time using this solution. Just takes a bit of coordination.

I actually like this way of solving it better than just spam clicking the consoles. If it wasn't for the need to reset the phase after each wipe, I would prefer if it was left this way.

Hope this helps someone, and please don't wipe on the pylons 12 times in a row anymore!

Yes thanks for that but I am in a 9/10 nm guild and we have cleared it multiple times with no problems.

Unfortunately that workaround does not work 100% of the time. We tried no end of "solutions" found on the internet. It just wouldn't work, and then all of a sudden an hour and a half later it did.

Edited by Doobyman

Yes thanks for that but I am in a 9/10 nm guild and we have cleared it multiple times with no problems.

Unfortunately that workaround does not work 100% of the time. We tried no end of "solutions" found on the internet. It just wouldn't work, and then all of a sudden an hour and a half later it did.

Yeah, I figured you probably already knew, but it's hard to tell what you're talking about since you weren't more specific in your post.

Anyways, maybe it will help someone else who reads this thread.

Its more the whole thing. The amount of bugs, and more importantly BWs silence on all these issues.

I understand games have bugs. Especially MMOs. But I've never encountered a dev team SO silent and blatantly SO don't care either.

I feel a bit trapped, since I paid for a 6 month sub up front on faith and I don't feel I have quite gotten what was said on the tin.

Many bugs atm, last night my guild went in for KP HM and SOA NM (we only do hm to geared specific people easier)

For some reason we couldnt change the mode. KP was stuck at normal no matter what happened and soa got stuck in nightmare at the second phase of his cycle.

So we couldnt reach the platforms to attack soa and normal raids are useless to us :(

Married with the SOA loosing agro bug in the third phase, which we have tried no dps, guardian leap spam the healers etc, nothing works. Atm there is no way to know if soa is going to loose agro while ur waiting for a pillar stun or not.

Meh, i enjoy this game but when your creating tactics to work around raid bugs more than tactics for the fight it gets alittle stupid imo

Edited by peaceandpassion

I understand games have bugs. Especially MMOs. But I've never encountered a dev team SO silent and blatantly SO don't care either.

Sony Online Entertainment - The Matrix Online

This is where I will be called a fanboi blah blah

But I thought I should just say I've seen worse dev teams in MMOs, BW has a very good dev team who obviously do listen since fixes are done as soon as they know how to fix them, and the fact that the cooldown UI is now in your hands in most ways and in the next major patch you will get a guild bank and the ability to move and resize your whole UI and many other things players have asked for.

I'm not saying they are perfect, I know some fixes they say they have done have not worked. But that doesn't mean they have *stopped* trying to work it out. Just because they don't tell you anything doesn't mean it ain't happening.... if a tree is not heard falling down did it fall at all? of course it did.

There, that's my 2 cents which I am rightfully allowed to speak of. So feel free to flame me now :)

Sony Online Entertainment - The Matrix Online

This is where I will be called a fanboi blah blah

But I thought I should just say I've seen worse dev teams in MMOs, BW has a very good dev team who obviously do listen since fixes are done as soon as they know how to fix them, and the fact that the cooldown UI is now in your hands in most ways and in the next major patch you will get a guild bank and the ability to move and resize your whole UI and many other things players have asked for.

I'm not saying they are perfect, I know some fixes they say they have done have not worked. But that doesn't mean they have *stopped* trying to work it out. Just because they don't tell you anything doesn't mean it ain't happening.... if a tree is not heard falling down did it fall at all? of course it did.

There, that's my 2 cents which I am rightfully allowed to speak of. So feel free to flame me now :)

Agree 100%. But what makes players love a SH? Not only the game, but the policy too. Even about communications to ppl.

I placated first, then thought "no, I AM right" and found the evidence :p

I'm not angry. I'm just disappointed. Why is BW so silent about these issues? Its like they're pretending they are not there, just so they can turn around and say "bug? what bug?".

Well, the only reference we have is this. And there it was said that "if we(Bioware) don’t respond publicly to a bug that does not mean we are not going to fix it".

Agree with OP 100%

Our guild has gone from 16 to 20 people online in prime time to 5 or 6 alts. Nothing to do at 50, bugs and poor design choices have made these people quit.

1) get rid of the space stations. 3 to 4 splash screens + running around to get to a planet is ridiculous

2) let us mute the ship droid!!! OMG can't stand it anymore.

3) fix Soa bugs (platforms, electricity ball damage on hard, dissapearing elec balls)

and most important:

Separate the Hard and nightmare lockouts so we have something to do! This will give us more raid time per week and keep us going until new content is introduced.

I love this crap. Biodrones, Fanbois. it can't be anything else other than that now can it.

Its no wonder blizzard/activision made a public statement about how fans of Diablo series need to tone back the love because in the end hype is the death rattle of any game.

GW2 would do right in making the same public statement what with people thinking its the second coming of Christ.

Same with this. And its not soon enough when all this rabble about "bugs" and "end game" are gone and the game can continue to grow organiclly and content delivered over a timely manner.

peace yourself out if you claim this game is so astronomically atrocious