The crappy Voidstar-rewards

erkolindham

I am really, really annoyed with the 80 commendations you get from winning Voidstar when the match ends before the total timer stops. This seems to happen when your team starts defending and with much effort and coordination manages to fence off the opposing team from capping first door and/or the bridge. And then when your team gets the first door/bridge the game ends with this crappy reward. When you lose in the exact same match you get around 60 commendations.

I think this needs to be addressed ASAP since Voidstar is quite a nuisance.

To be honest, medals I've never even seen medals to effect comms, it always just seems like the longer you play for the more comms you get.

Also, it says you get more xp with more medals, I've had much more xp from 6 medals than i've had 14 medals, where's the logic?

No, the faster you win the more medals you get and the more comms you get. Medals don't affect comms after the 8th medal.

In Voidstar, when you have a perfect defense and then cap the first door on offense, you are granted a 6-0 win. BUT, the game considers how long it took to cap that door. DId you do it in a minute? 140 comms for you. Did you do it in 5:30? 90 comms for you.

• Dev Post
I brought up this issue with Voidstar rewards with Rob Hinkle (Senior PvP Designer), and he let me know that the rewards in Voidstar are intended to be generated based on the performance of the team as compared to the enemy team. Holding out for as long as possible on defense and progressing forward on offense increases your performance score, and allowing the enemy to hold out or progress decreases your performance score. At the moment, there are some situations where those numbers are ignored when calculating rewards that may lead to a situation like you mentioned. This is a bug and we're working on a fix for deployment soon!

I brought up this issue with Voidstar rewards with Rob Hinkle (Senior PvP Designer), and he let me know that the rewards in Voidstar are intended to be generated based on the performance of the team as compared to the enemy team. Holding out for as long as possible on defense and progressing forward on offense increases your performance score, and allowing the enemy to hold out or progress decreases your performance score. At the moment, there are some situations where those numbers are ignored when calculating rewards that may lead to a situation like you mentioned. This is a bug and we're working on a fix for deployment soon!

Let us talk to this guy, how can someone sit there and say its working as intended? less comms for winning is wrong, ive had a guild mate on a LOOSING side get more than me on the winning side.

• Dev Post
Let us talk to this guy, how can someone sit there and say its working as intended?

He mentioned that there is a bug that is being worked on that can cause issues with the rewards calculations, sorry if the post was not clear about that.

At the moment, there are some situations where those numbers are ignored when calculating rewards that may lead to a situation like you mentioned. This is a bug and we're working on a fix for deployment soon!
Edited by AllisonBerryman

Allison, please have Rob re-think the new fix for ties in Voidstar as well; as I don't think the "highest kills" is appropriate at all to determine a winner. (Your post on this here).

The fact is, it is entirely possible for BOTH team to have the same amount of kills (while that may be a rare occurence, it's still statistically possible), so what happens then? The fix needs to be something related to objectives, not a TDM form of addressing the winner. I sent you a PM about it, never responded, nor did you address the question I raised in that thread either.

Edit: Pretty sure most would agree, the easiest way to fix this would just allow a draw to be considered a draw. No gain/loss of rating for either team, award comms as designed and move on to the next game.

Edited by Pistols

Allison, please have Rob re-think the new fix for ties in Voidstar as well; as I don't think the "highest kills" is appropriate at all to determine a winner. (Your post on this here).

The fact is, it is entirely possible for BOTH team to have the same amount of kills (while that may be a rare occurence, it's still statistically possible), so what happens then? The fix needs to be something related to objectives, not a TDM form of addressing the winner. I sent you a PM about it, never responded, nor did you address the question I raised in that thread either.

And how often are both teams going to get the same exact amount of kills? You know how many void stars I've lost where we held them off at the first door just fine and then when attacking we wiped them over and over and over and the thing that screwed us on the plant was the door opening and them dumping out... Then the coin flip comes up and oh hey we lost even though my team got higher in ever score possible.

And how often are both teams going to get the same exact amount of kills?

Doesn't really matter how often it could happen, as long as it's possible, the mechanic to decide a winner is flawed.

Not too mention, if TDM is the game changer, who do you think has the advantage? Yes, the team that defends first.

It's a terrible tie-breaker. Period.

Edited by Pistols

Let us talk to this guy, how can someone sit there and say its working as intended? less comms for winning is wrong, ive had a guild mate on a LOOSING side get more than me on the winning side.

Did you not read the whole thing? She says there is a bug where it doesn't work as intended. L2R

Doesn't really matter how often it could happen, as long as it's possible, the mechanic to decide a winner is flawed.

Not too mention, if TDM is the game changer, who do you think has the advantage? Yes, the team that defends first.

It's a terrible tie-breaker. Period.

Why not have a draw as a possible outcome in Voidstar? Lots of games have draws.

Why not have a draw as a possible outcome in Voidstar? Lots of games have draws.

Yeah I'm fine with that as well, think I edited one of my posts to say as much.

Sadly, Allison left the thread once again to see this glaring issue.

:rolleyes:

Ok firstly thanks for clearing my last question up but i do have 1 more for you and this is kind of important for the whole PVP community, Why does the Senior PvP Designer ' Rob Hinkle' not get involved with the PVP community? why isnt he here asking us what is what, PVP is the ONLY thing keeping a LOT of people in game atm but they are not going to stick around to play 4 maps. Im seeing lots o people leave coz they are bored with the state of PVP and lack of content, Rob get your butt on the forums and talk to us..

As far as devs are reading this post I would like to highlight similar issuu but with experience. I'm personally leveling up on wz and I can see that in cases then our team are wining with a big advantage ( like 600/0 on civil war or 100/0 on NC ,etc) I receive much less experience ( it feels like 1/3 of max exp. per wz at my level). That force me in some cases to put much less forces to let the opposite team take over a bit.