Cost Variable- All Crafts equal to Biochem

Dharst

What would you give other crafts that would be convincing enough to avoid nerfing crafts.

My suggestion:

Armortech/Synthweave- every 100 skill points repair costs reduced 25%... ie a 400 Armortech/Synthweaver never pays for repairs again.. EVER.

Armstech/Artificer- can add crystals to gear... armor and arms... more as they level up. So at 400 they'd have crystals or augments on all gear... ie... major crit/endurance bonuses.

Leave Biochem as is... with reusable meds/adrenals

Leave Slicing and CyberTech as IS.

Thoughts? If this became reality...would Biochem still be 'the thing' to have?

Edited by Dharst
Proofing

Armortech/Synthweave- every 100 skill points repair costs reduced 25%... ie a 400 Armortech/Synthweaver never pays for repairs again.. EVER.

Armstech/Artificer- can add crystals to gear... armor and arms... more as they level up. So at 400 they'd have crystals or augments on all gear... ie... major crit/endurance bonuses.

Leave Biochem as is... with reusable meds/adrenals

Leave Slicing and CyberTech as IS.

for the armor/synth, id say maybe a 1% every 100 would be fair, not ground breaking but still a nice little bonus

i like biochem as is with reusables, havnt doled too much in slicing/cyber really to have an opinion on those

armstech/artifice, id say crystals/augments on all gear would cause an imbalance, but havnt doled into these either so dont have an opinion really on their current endgame stuff either

for the armor/synth, id say maybe a 1% every 100 would be fair, not ground breaking but still a nice little bonus

i like biochem as is with reusables, havnt doled too much in slicing/cyber really to have an opinion on those

armstech/artifice, id say crystals/augments on all gear would cause an imbalance, but havnt doled into these either so dont have an opinion really on their current endgame stuff either

actually with only one augment per item you could probably just bring it up to snuff with raid gear...

meaning crafting would be comparable to early raid gear...

meaning its not TOTALLY useless at 50

There's reams of posts about Biochem- I won't delve there... anyone who's taken the slightest look knows it.

I was trying to find "Legendary" differences that would be difficult to chose among, so there's no one clear optoin... as BW puts it.

Even with Patch 1.1, Biochem is still King. The only way there could have leveled the field was to make them usable by anyone... instead it was just nerfed a little, but the cost associated was not addressed.

If you had a choice between no repair bill (giving you extra credits for med pacs), re-usable med pacs, or having awesome endurance or dps (but stuck with having create enough wealth to buy med pacs)... I figured that would make it much more difficult to pick one over any other.

Thanks for your candor... but your Biochem bias is too obvioius!

If you had a choice between no repair bill (giving you extra credits for med pacs), re-usable med pacs, or having awesome endurance or dps (but stuck with having create enough wealth to buy med pacs)... I figured that would make it much more difficult to pick one over any other.

Thanks for your candor... but your Biochem bias is too obvioius!

like i said, i do not have experience with the others, i have a mercenary that provides medpacs for my alts, the rest are just gatherers that sell mats on the GTN

I have 7 toons- 16-31... every craft represented and one 'gatherer' type. Synthweave is the least develped... but its not that different from Armortech... just suited for Force vs Non-Force.

Granted I'm not a 50... nor am I running Flashpoints regularly... but leveling them up...slowly- I can see where the community is angry... hell I'm frustrated too- which is what drove me to the forums.

Having more fun here than actually playing the game... that's a testament for SWTOR is nothing else is.

Thoughts? Yeah. No tradeskill should have any ability that improves their combat ability in any way if and only if you actually have that skill.

The repair costs idea is the only ok one there, since it doesn't really affect combat ability.

But if you give a reward for high end crafting other than simply being able to make really good stuff to sell people, (which needs to be fixed so that's true) then the only answer is something that helps the crafters ability to craft. Maybe an item you can make at 400 that halves all mission/craft times for the related skills.

But, but, guys, you can ROLEPLAY with your crew skills! YEAH!

You could totally stand in fleet and advertise your unsellable gear that nobody at 50 that has any option at all to run hardmodes or even Red/Directive 7 normal FP's has any reason at all to buy!

We've been wrong all this time! We're just not willing to embrace the RP value of mechanically lol-inferior gear crafting skills!

Amirite?