Dear Bioware

Durros

Dear Bioware,

With 1.1 now causing havoc on the servers, I would like to take this time to plead with you to learn from other MMOs (Not Copy, LEARN). I understand the need to Nerf some things, however with Biochem you really need to look at what you guys did WRONG with crafting in General.

Why did people switch to Biochem? Because it was useful. Perhaps instead of nerfing it, you should have given the others a boost to help win people back to those crafts. People are going to flock to the thing that helps them the most, and you as developers should be allowing us the chance to have fun. Instead of making the other crafts better, you were like "Lets just make Biochem suck like the rest of the stuff". While I liked SWG, one of the biggest problems in that game was no matter what upgrade you got, it was barely any better then what you had before. And this making parts for Biochem crafting drop from boss mobs? Could you have told the players "F U" any bigger? I have to kill a boss for a CONSUMABLE ITEM, why?

I don't want to make this all about Biochem, because it isn't just about that. The same for Cybertech can be said. Then there is Ilum for example (I'm sure it has been posted a lot), you have turned it into a Gankfest. Now Imps hang outside the Rebel Base and "Pull" people out and kill them. At 4 to 1 odd, I don't care what your idea was, it was stupid. And why even make it like this? I liked the Objective based system you had before. You can't take an open world PvP and expect people not to Gank. Ganking is only fun for the Gankers, forcing the people being Ganked to either Rage quit or never PvP. Which kills the whole point of the zone!

I am not asking for an easy button, I am asking for a fighting chance at least. Why not make it where the mounted guns in front are not tied to the big guns? That way we can defend our base from Imps anytime. Or wall mounted guns to keep the Imps from camping the base? The only reason they don't spawn camp us is the two big turrets by the Medical Droid.

I play a Jedi Guardian and with this new update my lag is outrageous. I might as well not play because I can't keep up with targets, let alone do anything to them if I do.

TLDR: We need fixes, not more bugs. We need boosts, not nerfs. We need fun, not punishment for something you don't want us doing.

Thank you,

Durros

They will get to buffing the other crafts, but that takes a very long time to do. Heck WoW still has not done it but they have made strides, and frankily those took years to get accomplished. Biochem was overly powerful if it was healing for half a bar or so. Nerfing that is fine. Making it so that you have to have Biochem to use the BOP stuff from it is fine as well. However they need to follow suit on that with the other crew skills or people will just level those, get what they need, then switch to Biochem.

Biochem was overly powerful if it was healing for half a bar or so. Nerfing that is fine.

Everything is overly powerful when everything else sucks. Just because the other things suck, doesn't mean you make Biochem suck. And its not just Biochem I am talking about, Cybertech was nerfed too. I was a 400 Artifice, but once you get level 50 there is no point to other skills. So what do you do? Go with the one that gives the most bang for your buck. Which is Biochem because at least it is useful for raiding.

So make it where people can craft better gear. That is another thing this game lacks, Crafting Professions in general. I knew a bunch of people that all they did in EQ and SWG was craft. They didn't want to fight, just make things. And they were good at it! I understand this game is new, don't get me wrong. But we should be moving forward with things, and this patch is not the right direction.

And a side note: Whats wrong with healing half a bar of health? Clerics in EQ have complete heals, it doesn't stop them from making content that wipes raids.

Durros

biochem didnt help the most, it helped the EASIEST. huge difference. stop being lazy and its not an issue.

Oh please regale us with your inside information into how the other crafts help the Main tank (Jedi Guardian), me, tank a Boss mob to keep the rest of the raid from wiping? Please stop trolling.

EDIT: And thanks to whoever put my post in Crew Skills. I talk about the Patch, Ilum, etc. and they take part of my post and run with it.

Durros

Edited by Durros

Oh please regale us with your inside information into how the other crafts help the Main tank (Jedi Guardian), me, tank a Boss mob to keep the rest of the raid from wiping? Please stop trolling.

EDIT: And thanks to whoever put my post in Crew Skills. I talk about the Patch, Ilum, etc. and they take part of my post and run with it.

Durros

last i checked you can fill the aug slots available from virtually every other crew skill with whatever stats you deem appropriate. last i checked tanks generally like more hp, avoidance, shield, and absorption depending on personal stat weights etc.

ps, just because you dont like the answer doesnt mean its trolling.

last i checked you can fill the aug slots available from virtually every other crew skill with whatever stats you deem appropriate. last i checked tanks generally like more hp, avoidance, shield, and absorption depending on personal stat weights etc.

ps, just because you dont like the answer doesnt mean its trolling.

So, Let me see if I understand you. You are saying that I should craft augs because that would benefit me more then a 3k+ Emergency Heal plus BOP HP/Def Stims? That is flawed logic.

And it has nothing to do with if I like your "answer" which wasn't an answer, it was inflammatory garbage.

Durros

So, Let me see if I understand you. You are saying that I should craft augs because that would benefit me more then a 3k+ Emergency Heal plus BOP HP/Def Stims? That is flawed logic.

And it has nothing to do with if I like your "answer" which wasn't an answer, it was inflammatory garbage.

Durros

lesser sized situational heal (normal medpack)+stats vs larger situational heal. between the bop stims/adrenals/medpack vs crafted item stats + boe items its much more even than people want to admit.