Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Keith suppose to be for the players? right, stop with the shady practices...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Keith suppose to be for the players? right, stop with the shady practices...

JediQuaker
10.19.2019 , 06:47 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSealth View Post
1 million credits aswell as tech frags to buy gear? how many currencies do we need to spend to buy crap, what has pissed me right off this wasn't visible on PTS? that's shady asf .
Um, what are you suggesting is "shady"? Is it that you have to spend more fantasy "money", on imaginary things, in an online game matrix, than you thought you would? Did the price of a hotel on Boardwalk go up again? 🤩
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

OlBuzzard
10.19.2019 , 07:13 AM | #12
Not another one of "those" types of threads !!

To OP:

Seriously ???

IMO... get a life !

Sure there are a couple things about 6.0 that all of would like to change (or add) ! For me :
** new Class: SIS (Rep) / Special Ops ( Empire) / both sides force "sensitive"
** new SH: either one of the following: space station type )Outer Rim) / ski chalet (Hoth)
** new companion to go with my choice of character " Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress" (special reason for this one)

Good grief there are literally dozens of good suggestions that did not (and may never) make it in game.
There are some complaints (some valid) .

Shady ?

Good grief !

I'll get off my soap box before I start in on the front lawn !
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

jedimasterjac
10.19.2019 , 07:56 AM | #13
I don't think it's possible to say this is a shady practice.

Inflation in this game is absolutely insane. Credits are everywhere, flooded down upon you.

They're not trying to incentivize you to buy credits or anything, since they don't have an official way of earning credits.

So, it's just a way of removing currency from the economy, which isn't shady, it's kind of what most MMOs have to do.
Quote: Originally Posted by Grand Master Yoda
We are what they grow beyond. That is the burden of all masters.

Nemmar
10.19.2019 , 08:14 AM | #14
Yeah i think that while it isn't a big deal for active players, it will be for newcomers and returning players that didn't stockpile credits.

1mil per piece of gear is just too much. It will be like 10+ million credits to gear up one toon. It isn't reasonable. I hope they change that.

jedimasterjac
10.19.2019 , 08:16 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
Yeah i think that while it isn't a big deal for active players, it will be for newcomers and returning players that didn't stockpile credits.

1mil per piece of gear is just too much. It will be like 20+ million credits to gear up one toon. It isn't reasonable. I hope they change that.
You have no clue what the credit rate is in 6.0.
Quote: Originally Posted by Grand Master Yoda
We are what they grow beyond. That is the burden of all masters.

Nemmar
10.19.2019 , 08:40 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by jedimasterjac View Post
You have no clue what the credit rate is in 6.0.
Taking into account it's not out yet, yeah... obviously. Neither have you. None of this is finalized. If they are increasing credit rewards from dailies then it will be fine. But that is something that is yet to be confirmed.

But it would be better for the economy if everything wasn't inflated again.

Quote: Originally Posted by jedimasterjac View Post
I don't think it's possible to say this is a shady practice.

Inflation in this game is absolutely insane. Credits are everywhere, flooded down upon you.

They're not trying to incentivize you to buy credits or anything, since they don't have an official way of earning credits.

So, it's just a way of removing currency from the economy, which isn't shady, it's kind of what most MMOs have to do.
Looking at this post though, you have an active player bias. New players don't have huge stockpiles. Me and you can survive this. New players, that have yet to earn their first mil, will not. They will be forced to grind credits to be able to gear up.
No one is flooded with credits, unless they do dailies or heroics regularly or play the market. But it is yet to be seen how profitable they will be when 6.0 is actually live.

ZionHalcyon
10.19.2019 , 09:55 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Templock View Post
This sounds like a really trivial complaint to smear Keith for.
Yup.

Ragers gonna rage.

Lhancelot
10.19.2019 , 10:00 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSealth View Post
**** well this is truly concerning. Yet this is suppose to be alt friendly? nope....
It's ok, sometimes we can get confused when our emotions are running high and so much information is bestowed upon us. I think you'd be better off just saying, "oops my bad I guess I was mistaken," at this point.

Also, it's ok to admit when you are wrong, and it's also OK to apologize to Keith for blaming him for things that weren't even things to begin with. He'd probably appreciate that.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Ashanor
10.19.2019 , 10:15 AM | #19
More gold sinks in a game with the amount of insane inflation this game has is never a bad thing. Prices can always be adjusted as inflation levels lower. If you ask me, they should add more gold sinks. I just came back recently and inflation has at least doubled in the last couple of years.

dipstik
10.19.2019 , 07:55 PM | #20
o think bioware made a deal with the gold farmers... guess we are suppose to reply to the spam, to gear up...