Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Estimated Time Patch Drops Tuesday?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Estimated Time Patch Drops Tuesday?

Exemplar
10.16.2019 , 03:51 PM | #1
Does anyone know if the expansion will be available to download/play in the AM or PM?

Checking to see if it would be worth taking a day off.
Proud STANDARD EDITION owner..... Spent the other 90$ on beer

Haters gonna hate U Mad?

Pscyon
10.16.2019 , 03:54 PM | #2
I don't know when the typical patch downtime is, and that varies depending on where in the world you are anyway. But it's never ever a good idea to take time off for a games/content patch release. Your internet will explode, it will be postponed last minute, a meteor will hit your house, login will consistently fail and/or the download rate will be so terrible it takes all day. Never take time off for a game unless it's a physical copy.
What you get from a referral link: a box of junk and one single server transfer token.

What the other person gets: 500 cartel coins, 100 more each month you stay subscribed, a speeder bike and a droid vanity pet.

Screaming_Ziva
10.16.2019 , 04:58 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Exemplar View Post
Does anyone know if the expansion will be available to download/play in the AM or PM?

If past history is any indication, it is not worth taking a day off for an expansion. The patch will usually hit in the morning with extended downtime usually lasting longer than they first anticipated.
THIS is the Referral Link you are looking for.
Click for 7 days Free Access, 1 Free Server Transfer, and a Free Jumpstart or Preferred Bundle.

Screaming Ziva's Stronghold Tour

denavin
10.16.2019 , 05:02 PM | #4

You obviously have never heard of Murphy's Law.

Just a few that are relevant.....

Quote:
Murphy's laws:

"If anything can go wrong, it will"

"If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will cause the most damage will be the one to go wrong"

"If anything just cannot go wrong, it will anyway"

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something"

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious"

"Everything takes longer than it takes"

"If you want something bad enough, chances are you won't get it"
Simply choose all that fits your situation. But no, I would not take time off for the update. If you MUST, then install TeamViewer and do it remotely from your phone.
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

kcirevamnalyd
10.16.2019 , 05:03 PM | #5
6am-12pm Central Time on the 22nd of Oct. (is my guess). Making 6:01am the official complaint and b*tch*ng time frame for people just trying to be complete pains with a few "Query: Are we there yet" comments added throughout the morning.
Odessen: Republic Trooper: We can't do everything on our own. We need more people or better equipment.
Not All Heroes Use the Force.

Elessara
10.16.2019 , 05:24 PM | #6
Also, there will be bugs. Possibly game breaking. Which is why I'm waiting a week to even do anything in Onslaught.

RookStryfe
10.16.2019 , 05:50 PM | #7
Did they say anything about how big the patch is going to be?

Just roughly

LordTurin
10.16.2019 , 05:54 PM | #8

I feel like everyone has answered this already, but definitely do not take a day off. Maybe take the next day off if you want to, but day of is a pretty bad idea, as there is a pretty good chance it'll take all day to patch.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

darkapprentice
10.16.2019 , 11:37 PM | #9
Downtime will probably start the same time it usually does but they might post it on friday. While there is a rare chance it won't get extended (at least one instance of that being true), it's almost always extended and servers are usually down at least half the day. Just like everyone else is saying, it's not worth it.
Eclipse Vet (Sarah'Skye/Kara') Pre-CU TKA/Master Doc.
<RRR> Member. Ex member of <-A-> and Musica
Chim: Kyera and Sarah' Ex Member of SoS (Sisters of Serenity)

Suzsi
10.17.2019 , 12:22 AM | #10
Take the day after off, not patch day. Patch days always suck

-

~~ Always looking for more Theron Shan and Aric romance. ~~