Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

In Preparation for 6.0 - what are the TOP things to do

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
In Preparation for 6.0 - what are the TOP things to do
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KendraP
10.20.2019 , 09:59 PM | #181

Darev
10.20.2019 , 10:03 PM | #182
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
I don't have anywhere near that many. Maybe 20 or so per account.
If you choose to fight in the sewer you can no longer claim to have the moral high ground.

ytrenor
10.21.2019 , 01:06 AM | #183
Quote: Originally Posted by Darev View Post
I would keep as much as possible "unclaimed" in that window. You can get a slight jump start on tech frags if you deconstruct them starting Tuesday
This answer my question : they may remain in the new Renown Stock window (and I'll be able to decide what to do with them)

Mystiquestion
10.21.2019 , 02:53 AM | #184
So there is a new system introduced, and then there is a post with a couple of explanation pointers.

Who knew there would be follow up questions and confusion. Who knew ...

Also judging us with the new system of conquest when we only having access to the old system to gain points - you know thats just wrong. Not even speaking about the fact that we get informed after the fact that this will happen ... .

Amberres
10.21.2019 , 05:21 AM | #185
Is it better to trade command tokens for gear and then sell the gear for credits
OR
Just keep the command tokens and hope for a decent credits conversion rate?

Tsillah
10.21.2019 , 06:35 AM | #186
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
Considering the changes with regards to GC turning into Renown, it occurs to me that the Renown system is just an addition now to other ways of collecting gear. That's how it should be in my view, so I'm not going to put much effort into Renown. I got some of those boosts and I thought...well why? I'll just collect, gather and craft my way through it as I play. I'll happily ignore Renown and just get surprised by lacklustre loot from time to time while I gear up in other ways.

That's the plan in any case. I just think that because Renown is looking like it's going to be a step down from GC in gearing, it's not really worth paying attention to anymore and that's exactly how I like it.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

ceryxp
10.21.2019 , 07:15 AM | #187
Quote: Originally Posted by Amberres View Post
Is it better to trade command tokens for gear and then sell the gear for credits
OR
I decided to not hope for a decent conversion. They're being very hush-hush about the conversion (other than to say not to expect much), so I'm expecting less than much. I'm buying weapons, sticking a crystal in them, and then selling them back for credits. The weapons cost more in tokens, but I get the instant conversion to credits instead of having to wait out a timer. Already made a few million and I'm only through six characters with several more to go.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

phalczen
10.21.2019 , 08:06 AM | #188
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Considering the changes with regards to GC turning into Renown, it occurs to me that the Renown system is just an addition now to other ways of collecting gear. That's how it should be in my view, so I'm not going to put much effort into Renown. I got some of those boosts and I thought...well why? I'll just collect, gather and craft my way through it as I play. I'll happily ignore Renown and just get surprised by lacklustre loot from time to time while I gear up in other ways.

That's the plan in any case. I just think that because Renown is looking like it's going to be a step down from GC in gearing, it's not really worth paying attention to anymore and that's exactly how I like it.
Well I can certainly understand that approach. But I can tell you that the boosts, as they were working on PTS, were basically a threefold increase in the amount of renown from a veteran flashpoint. Since you need like 16k renown per crate, this is pretty significant. Itís true that itís not the primary vehicle for gear acquisition, but it doesnít hurt to have the bonus on, just like it doesnít hurt to have Chilled Corellian Cocktail presence buff when you have your companion around. Since renown boosts cost tech fragments, and the command tokens are going 1:1 into credits, it makes far better sense to stockpile them now. I donít have nearly the number of boosts KendraP has, but thereís no reason not to convert them today.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Estelindis
10.21.2019 , 08:07 AM | #189
Quote: Originally Posted by Amberres View Post
OR
I could be wrong about this, but I seem to remember that the conversion rate on PTS was, from at least one perspective, five credits per token. Unclaimed tokens in the command stash turned into an inventory item called credits (or maybe credits stash, I don't remember precisely), which could be sold to a vendor for five credits per item in the stack. And there was one in the stack for every command token previously there. Of course I could've counted wrong, and they could've changed it in the meantime even if I counted it right.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

OlBuzzard
10.21.2019 , 08:11 AM | #190
I'm pretty much good to go: save one alt that I was going to finish up. That may not happen. Tornado last night close by. I got a micro burst or something ! A lot of clean up.. A fence to replace Ö Thankfully nothing too serious !
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|