Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reset class story; is it possible?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Reset class story; is it possible?

Ganden
10.20.2019 , 03:36 AM | #1
I've wanted Nautolans since launch. We're finally getting them.

I would love to be able to enjoy the class stories on my main character as a Nautolan without having to re-level, re-grind all the gear, all of the crew skills etc.

Is it possible to reset the class story on a current levelled character? Can we make it possible?
Ganden Venorsi
Ataru shall set me free...
Ex-Editor-in-chief
SWTOR-RP [RIP]

vingmotor
10.20.2019 , 03:45 AM | #2
nope it isnt.

kcirevamnalyd
10.20.2019 , 07:47 AM | #3
Is this not the very reason behind the "Master Datacron / Level Boost / Insta 65\70" Cartel Market items you can buy? You get all the benefits of a level capped toon but you can start from class story beginning? I may be wrong but Musco announced awhile back that the level 70 versions would still be around and a 75 may come later (post-launch).
Odessen: Republic Trooper: We can't do everything on our own. We need more people or better equipment.
Not All Heroes Use the Force.

Tsillah
10.20.2019 , 08:52 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by kcirevamnalyd View Post
Is this not the very reason behind the "Master Datacron / Level Boost / Insta 65\70" Cartel Market items you can buy? You get all the benefits of a level capped toon but you can start from class story beginning? I may be wrong but Musco announced awhile back that the level 70 versions would still be around and a 75 may come later (post-launch).
It's only the master's datacron that works that way and not other boost tokens. The boost tokens auto-complete the story up to that level. The master's datacron makes you level 70 but does NOT auto-complete any content, so you can pop it right at the start, be level 70 and do all the story content you want to do.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

Suzsi
10.20.2019 , 08:55 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
It's only the master's datacron that works that way and not other boost tokens. The boost tokens auto-complete the story up to that level. The master's datacron makes you level 70 but does NOT auto-complete any content, so you can pop it right at the start, be level 70 and do all the story content you want to do.
What none of them do is reset the story on toons that have already completed it.

-

~~ Always looking for more Theron Shan and Aric romance. ~~

denavin
10.20.2019 , 04:24 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ganden View Post
I've wanted Nautolans since launch. We're finally getting them.

I would love to be able to enjoy the class stories on my main character as a Nautolan without having to re-level, re-grind all the gear, all of the crew skills etc.

Is it possible to reset the class story on a current leveled character? Can we make it possible?
No you can't, but what is the difference if you reset a class and play it again or start a new character and play it from level 1. With all the perks and gear you have in storage, leveling a new toon is easy and quick. You can still out power anything in the game. You can have a mount and companions at level 1 and dominate everything. You can outfit your toon with top of the line gear with all the perks and power you can handle. You also know every mission, every location and every fight.

So what is the issue?
Not Easy Enough?
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

Ganden
10.21.2019 , 04:18 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by denavin View Post
No you can't, but what is the difference if you reset a class and play it again or start a new character and play it from level 1. With all the perks and gear you have in storage, leveling a new toon is easy and quick. You can still out power anything in the game. You can have a mount and companions at level 1 and dominate everything. You can outfit your toon with top of the line gear with all the perks and power you can handle. You also know every mission, every location and every fight.

So what is the issue?
Not Easy Enough?
It would be so that all of the gear I've looted, all of the mats, and everything else in my storage stays as is. My crew skills progression, the craftable gear I've unlocked etc would remain as is.

The class-story reset would be so that nothing is affected or lost, other than a complete reset of the class story.

It's not about making something easy. It's about enjoying the experience of playing our favourite stories with a character we've had since launch, or however long others have had their characters.

Hope that clarifies my point
Ganden Venorsi
Ataru shall set me free...
Ex-Editor-in-chief
SWTOR-RP [RIP]

Tsillah
10.21.2019 , 06:31 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzsi View Post
What none of them do is reset the story on toons that have already completed it.
That is correct. But that is an unfulfillable request for various reasons so the only option he has that comes anywhere near what he wants is the master's datacron.

BioWare have commented in the past that being able to replay the vanilla story in particular is not possible or at least realistic in the game's set up because the story is also tied to various unlocks etc. People can keep asking but it's about as useful as asking that it will never rain again in the UK or Seattle for example.

They made the story replayable for KotFE/ET but even there replaying is only a chapter by chapter thing and your character's original choices are locked for the continuation after that story and for example which companions are or are not available.

In my view, based also on what BW has said on the topic in the past, resetting the class story is not a realistic option and if you don't want to deal with the whole leveling thing, get the datacron. For gear, well, at least it'll all be legacy now so you can share it with your alts. I would say that's about as good as it's going to get.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

HuaRya
10.21.2019 , 08:05 AM | #9
me: Hey our guild is looking for new peeps. Good perks. Wanna Join?
them: Nah I'm just playing this toon for the story and DELETING it when it's done

o.O
That happens quite often these days. Other games let you repeat chapters of the leveling story. Destiny 2 for example packages them for each planet. How hard would that be to have a kiosk at the starport allowing you to repeat your story in the same fashion as the planetary story arc?
I grok in fullness.
― Robert A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land