Reset class story; is it possible?

Ganden

I've wanted Nautolans since launch. We're finally getting them.

I would love to be able to enjoy the class stories on my main character as a Nautolan without having to re-level, re-grind all the gear, all of the crew skills etc.

Is it possible to reset the class story on a current levelled character? Can we make it possible?

Is this not the very reason behind the "Master Datacron / Level Boost / Insta 65\70" Cartel Market items you can buy? You get all the benefits of a level capped toon but you can start from class story beginning? I may be wrong but Musco announced awhile back that the level 70 versions would still be around and a 75 may come later (post-launch).

Is this not the very reason behind the "Master Datacron / Level Boost / Insta 65\70" Cartel Market items you can buy? You get all the benefits of a level capped toon but you can start from class story beginning? I may be wrong but Musco announced awhile back that the level 70 versions would still be around and a 75 may come later (post-launch).

It's only the master's datacron that works that way and not other boost tokens. The boost tokens auto-complete the story up to that level. The master's datacron makes you level 70 but does NOT auto-complete any content, so you can pop it right at the start, be level 70 and do all the story content you want to do.

It's only the master's datacron that works that way and not other boost tokens. The boost tokens auto-complete the story up to that level. The master's datacron makes you level 70 but does NOT auto-complete any content, so you can pop it right at the start, be level 70 and do all the story content you want to do.

What none of them do is reset the story on toons that have already completed it.

I've wanted Nautolans since launch. We're finally getting them.

I would love to be able to enjoy the class stories on my main character as a Nautolan without having to re-level, re-grind all the gear, all of the crew skills etc.

Is it possible to reset the class story on a current leveled character? Can we make it possible?

No you can't, but what is the difference if you reset a class and play it again or start a new character and play it from level 1. With all the perks and gear you have in storage, leveling a new toon is easy and quick. You can still out power anything in the game. You can have a mount and companions at level 1 and dominate everything. You can outfit your toon with top of the line gear with all the perks and power you can handle. You also know every mission, every location and every fight.

So what is the issue?

Not Easy Enough?

No you can't, but what is the difference if you reset a class and play it again or start a new character and play it from level 1. With all the perks and gear you have in storage, leveling a new toon is easy and quick. You can still out power anything in the game. You can have a mount and companions at level 1 and dominate everything. You can outfit your toon with top of the line gear with all the perks and power you can handle. You also know every mission, every location and every fight.

So what is the issue?

Not Easy Enough?

It would be so that all of the gear I've looted, all of the mats, and everything else in my storage stays as is. My crew skills progression, the craftable gear I've unlocked etc would remain as is.

The class-story reset would be so that nothing is affected or lost, other than a complete reset of the class story.

It's not about making something easy. It's about enjoying the experience of playing our favourite stories with a character we've had since launch, or however long others have had their characters.

Hope that clarifies my point :)

What none of them do is reset the story on toons that have already completed it.

That is correct. But that is an unfulfillable request for various reasons so the only option he has that comes anywhere near what he wants is the master's datacron.

BioWare have commented in the past that being able to replay the vanilla story in particular is not possible or at least realistic in the game's set up because the story is also tied to various unlocks etc. People can keep asking but it's about as useful as asking that it will never rain again in the UK or Seattle for example.

They made the story replayable for KotFE/ET but even there replaying is only a chapter by chapter thing and your character's original choices are locked for the continuation after that story and for example which companions are or are not available.

In my view, based also on what BW has said on the topic in the past, resetting the class story is not a realistic option and if you don't want to deal with the whole leveling thing, get the datacron. For gear, well, at least it'll all be legacy now so you can share it with your alts. I would say that's about as good as it's going to get.

me: Hey our guild is looking for new peeps. Good perks. Wanna Join?

them: Nah I'm just playing this toon for the story and DELETING it when it's done

o.O

That happens quite often these days. Other games let you repeat chapters of the leveling story. Destiny 2 for example packages them for each planet. How hard would that be to have a kiosk at the starport allowing you to repeat your story in the same fashion as the planetary story arc?

• 2 years later...

I know it will never happen but I'd throw my saber in to wanting this feature. I came and go from the game a lot and I can't even count how many times I've deleted and restarted characters because I forget what happened previously lol.

The stories are really great but only if you stick with them from start to end in a short period of time. Take a break in the middle, then you come back and you don't really recall anything and it ruins the experience. So you restart again. Being able to simply reset and keep gear would indeed be great as we all tend to build up cool character looks and what not that you just can't transfer due to bound items. Unless your look involves either legacy bound or cartel looks.

me: Hey our guild is looking for new peeps. Good perks. Wanna Join?

them: Nah I'm just playing this toon for the story and DELETING it when it's done

Nice story, but I doubt it happens very often. After all, if a person was actually looking for a guild they'd probably say "Let me switch to a more permanent toon". Very few people who are just playing a toon for the story, have no other characters.

Agree that this would be useful. It's not even about gearing or leveling up again as both of those processes are currently very quick; even raising crew influence isn't too much of a hassle. It's things like grinding valor, getting certain titles and mounts back and rediscovering all codex entries that are the real time/effort sinks.

What I do after a hiatus when this feeling hits, as others have pointed out, is usually to start a new character and imagine it as my main character reminiscing and reliving their adventures. That way I can play the new character without obsessing about having to unlock everything on them (since they're essentially just a memory). Then when they've completed or reached far enough through their story, I just store or delete them, and switch back to my main. It's not exactly the same, but works fairly well.

Edited by wepeel