PVP Rage vs Hybrid

Maalus

Edit : Please move this to Jug board thanks...

Hey Jugs

I've recently hit L50, played Rage Spec all the way and now at the point of choosing BM gear. I've heard a lot o talk about how hybrid is more robust in PVP. I need a little help deciding if I should switch.

It's hard to tell at the moment. post 50 I destroyed most in my path but now 50, due to the difference in gear it's difficult to gage, I've noticed I die fast and do poor DPS on some. That's to be expected .

I mainly PVP, PVE is not my thing so tanking was never really a motivation so the question is, what do you guys think is best for PVP without any thought to PVE?

Also if I stick with my build http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101MzZGrobdfRrczZf0M.2 what BM gear shoudlf I go for? Up until now I've gone with strength as the primary stat over endurance but I've heard people say mixing it up a bit is better. /confused!

Any advice would be appreciated

Edited by Maalus
Wrong Forum

Hi,

About the gear, it's strictly the Vindicator gear that you want to purchase. If you are farming the BM gear, go ahead and buy them all. Since you need the pieces for the War Hero anyway. Start by getting the main pieces first. Then some pieces of War Hero can be bough without the BM gear. Go straight for them, don't get the BM ones first.

About your spec: You should take 1 point out of enraged sunder and put it in Unyielding instead. Given the high amount of CC in PVP, i find that to be a must. Initially i ran with 2/2 and i liked it. Now i run 1/2 and sometimes i feel like going back.

Your spec is a huge fail, you need 2 in enraged sunder for sure.

Indeed when i play rage i roll with 2 points in enraged sunder cuz all u'r abilitys cost 3 rage and u dont wanna get in a situation when u risk not use ur smash cuz of one rage.. about hybrids wich one u think of? problem with rage hybrids i found is that they are very boring, sure u get some surviability but u do far less dmg so u wont be able to kill half as much..

que with a healer and go full rage.. BM gear goes fast to get and once u get it u can do some serious dmg.. but power and surge is the only thing u shall stack if u wanna rage dont even think of stackin crit.. good luck

Haven't dabbled much in ven/rage hybrid, but this is my spec for rage. http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101MMZRrRrzfRrczZf0z.2

Free force scream adds solid damage into the rotation with no cost. Enraged sunder is an absolute must. You could switch the point from dreadnought to unyielding but I find I'm not often having problems with rage with this spec. Also, strangulate isn't a great use of talents considering you have instant shockwave from enrage and force crush you typically use before that, not to mention force choke can get fully interupted even with the talent. Force choke usually gets you 3 ticks if you are getting attacked so it still does 75% bonus without the talent. Considering how much you need it to set up smashes it's not worth it. The vicious slash talents are very worthwhile when you have a lot of extra rage and smash/scream are on cooldown, or if an assassin pops his resist force cooldown.