Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What role do you mostly set your companion as?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
What role do you mostly set your companion as?

Erevan_Kindelar
05.19.2019 , 10:53 AM | #11
DPS for everything, except for the Champions in Heroics. For those, I set the companion to Heals and then wave my glowstick in the mob's face until he dies of old age.
I am telling the truth, honestly! I am as honest as the day is long! Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving.
Like most other subs, I have a Referral Link. Clicking it gets you some stuff, and me some stuff too.

Anduhar
05.24.2019 , 07:14 PM | #12
I usually set my companions to DPS to make things quicker. For tougher fights, setting them to Tank is often preferable over Healing for me. When companions Tank, they still spend time attacking and dealing damage in addition to tanking damage. This way you get the benefit of taking less damage yourself while also having a companion that deals damage.

When a companion is set to Heal, they often spend most of their time healing rather than doing anything else. This is still the best option for very tough fights, but I personally prioritize setting a companion to DPS, then Tank, and then Heal based on how tough fights are.
Referral Link
Come to the Dark side, we have 7 days of FREE subscription time,
a FREE character transfer, and lots of other goodies.
Rules & rewards listed here.