What happened to the fix for lost Matrix cubes?

Atlantis

Yesterday, in the sticky concerning Matrix cubes, it was posted that they would be hot-fixed during the patch for this morning. This morning when I log in, I see that maintenance has been postponed and the cube is still gone along with the post announcing the fix. Now, we are back to square one with no other info except for the original post offered yesterday morning that BW is looking into it.

What happened? Are we looking at next Tuesday's maintenance for this to be resolved? If not, when?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday, in the sticky concerning Matrix cubes, it was posted that they would be hot-fixed during the patch for this morning. This morning when I log in, I see that maintenance has been postponed and the cube is still gone along with the post announcing the fix. Now, we are back to square one with no other info except for the original post offered yesterday morning that BW is looking into it.

What happened? Are we looking at next Tuesday's maintenance for this to be resolved? If not, when?

I bet they don't know how to fix it without doing a rollback which they are scared to death of, such fail too, I waited all day yesterday and now it looks like I will have to wait all day today without playing.

• Dev Post
We know this issue is important to many of our players and will get updated information about the maintenance to address the issue very soon (we're working on getting the updated time right now). Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

We know this issue is important to many of our players and will get updated information about the maintenance to address the issue very soon (we're working on getting the updated time right now). Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

I'm actually digging all the communication the last few days. This is a plus plus.

My guess is they decided to actually review, QA, and test this patch before pushing it live. Hopefully BW will even push it to the PTS first, so the community can help ensure this patch doesn't make things worse. Edited by NoFishing

My hope is they realized the boat has already sailed, and since the damage is already done it's no longer critical enough to warrant additional downtime to restore the cubes and can simply wait until the next regular maintenance.

Until then, "make do" with a click-cube. May just find it's actually an improvement. (I stopped using my matrix cube(s) a while ago)

I'm actually digging all the communication the last few days. This is a plus plus.

Lol, wait, let me try to understand this.

You're digging that they broke Matrix cubes, and are telling people that a fix is coming soon?

let me get this straight. according to you

1) creating a bug that removes a BiS item from the game is a plus; and

2) not being able to easily rectify the situation and providing no timeline for when a fix will be made is also a plus

well, yes I would agree, if that's your logic then this cluster*** is indeed a plus plus. I can hardly believe our good fortune

I'm really hoping that they fix the cubes soon....I love my cube and maybe I should've had a backup relic in case of this, I don't so I'm stuck in the respect that I'm going to have to farm flashpoints and ops for a trinket that is by far inferior to the pure stats of the matrix cube (the cube is Best in Slot)...this makes me seriously annoyed/frustrated as I had hoped that this cube issue would've been taken care of..:( Edited by liriele
forgot to add one bit of info

I'm just wondering what they will break next

Patch first, fix later seems the way to go these days by any company. Star wars Galaxies started with and it seems they do the same here. Remember the companion stats bug which was introduced with patch 1.2. Seriously that should have been top priority and yet it takes nearly 2 weeks. So its seem this stuff isn't getting properly tested and just get released to the masses.

I'm sorry Bioware for being negative, i really like your game and would play it for a very long time, but breaking something with every patch isn't the way to go forward.

You guys know what the game looks like to coders, right?

You miss one close paren, and the WORLD ENDS.

That's why you hire professionals, not monkeys with keyboards.

Well...at least you should

Sorry to answer a question with a question but which do you want, wait only 1 day until they try to and fail to fix the problem, or do you want it to take a few days and them to try to and succed on fixing this problem?

Id prefer it not have been broken in the first place. Test test test before patch fix fix.

Coding something like this aint easy. Swear to god, th peeps in these forums are all spoiled children. Stuff happens, they work to fix. The turn around for this game is way better than fixes and service packs for bigger, more important programs. Ever hear of Microsoft? They take months to years to fix stuff, and thats assuming they even get around to it before they decide to not support something.

If you think you can do better, by all means go to Austin and prove it. Or get the investers to help you start your own game. Or just be patient. They are aware of the problem, and are working to fix it.

Its sad that without 1 piece of gear ya'll cant play your characters anyway.

Monkeys with keyboards ARE adorable, to be fair.

And according to some statistician if you hire enoug of them they could produce Shakespeare's complete work, if you give them enough time...

So maybe they will be able to fix our game, we just need time :rolleyes:

Sorry to answer a question with a question but which do you want, wait only 1 day until they try to and fail to fix the problem, or do you want it to take a few days and them to try to and succed on fixing this problem?

I choose to wait 0 days and this could of happened if bioware actually tested their patches before pushing them live. This bug would of been spotted right away if they had truely tested this patch which means we would not need down time to fix because it would never have gone live.

Edited by JediMasterNippin