Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*UPDATED* Maintenance: August 24th, 2017

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
*UPDATED* Maintenance: August 24th, 2017
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LordTurin
08.21.2017 , 04:19 PM | #11
Does anyone know if lockouts get reset after an update? Normally updates are Tuesdays so it doesn't matter, but my group is supposed to do Tos this week and it would suck if we had to do all 4 bosses again Wednesday after clearing them Tuesday...
Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Isilout - Commando
A day may come, when BW forces us to learn IO. But it is not this day!
This day, we Arsenal! - Aragorn, Return of the King
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

AlenkaSunaki
08.21.2017 , 04:20 PM | #12
what does this mean for the ranked season? that it ends 1 day later as well?

oli-fynnobi
08.21.2017 , 04:20 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I apologize for the late notice on this. We are going to delay the launch of Game Update 5.4 by 24 hours. Crisis on Umbara's maintenance will now be on Wednesday, 8/23 at the same time as the originally planned maintenance (5AM - 9AM PDT).

As we do with all updates, we continually test until it goes out the door. From this testing we discovered a critical bug with the Crisis on Umbara Flashpoint. This bug can prevent a substantial amount of gameplay when a player experiences it, from not playing the intro cinematic to not allowing re-entry into the instance. Due to the severity of the bug, we are not comfortable releasing the Game Update in its current state.

I will go ahead and updated the messaging in both this thread and the launcher to reflect the new maintenance window. Again, we do apologize for the late notice and thank you for your patience.

-eric
Does s8 end tomorrow or Wednesday too?
Navush, Apex Juggernaut
<All-Star Sync Squad>
Support me for playing Jugg DPS in 2k17: http://www.swtor.com/r/gVQY6L

Bidli
08.21.2017 , 04:27 PM | #14
yeah and in the meantime revert Beastia mobs XP thing

FtWorthJim
08.21.2017 , 04:28 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Bidli View Post
yeah and in the meantime revert Beastia mobs XP thing
No way. This is the single best part of the patch.

Jerba
08.21.2017 , 04:32 PM | #16
Typical. I was looking forward to getting to play the new flashpoint before going to Gamescom on Wednesday, but you can really rely on Bioware to always let you down. No further comment.

Quote: Originally Posted by LordTurin View Post
Does anyone know if lockouts get reset after an update? Normally updates are Tuesdays so it doesn't matter, but my group is supposed to do Tos this week and it would suck if we had to do all 4 bosses again Wednesday after clearing them Tuesday...
No, raid lockouts do not reset during maintenance, so you'll be fine.

EricMusco
08.21.2017 , 04:36 PM | #17 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTurin View Post
Lockouts will reset as they normally do on Tuesday.

Quote: Originally Posted by AlenkaSunaki View Post
what does this mean for the ranked season? that it ends 1 day later as well?
Correct, the ending of Season 8 matches up with the Game Update. It will end when we deploy the update.

As a separate note on timing, the Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event will still end tomorrow. That is scheduled ahead of time to end on a specific date/time.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Bidli
08.21.2017 , 04:44 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by FtWorthJim View Post
No way. This is the single best part of the patch.
yeah.. most important, most game breaking, game-experience killing thing..

ImmortalLowlife
08.21.2017 , 05:21 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
Typical. I was looking forward to getting to play the new flashpoint before going to Gamescom on Wednesday, but you can really rely on Bioware to always let you down. No further comment...
Riiiight.... because everyone would have been perfectly happy if they'd released it on time with a huge game breaking bug right?

As much flack as some people give the devs about bugs, seems you should be glad they caught this one before they launched it. I know I am....

Have fun at Gamescom. The (mostly bug free.... because you know there will be bugs lol) FP will be waiting for you when you get back.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

orangenee
08.21.2017 , 05:31 PM | #20
If it was Bethesda they'd have just told "Dave" the blind and deaf tester (only tester) to keep quiet and have released it anyway

So well done Bioware. You earn yourself one point on my Devs/Publishers to not have eliminated when I rise to power chart.

Fortunately I'm not around Wednesday either so it works out just fine for me. Work must intrude.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn