KotFE master mode. Is it possible?

OldMonkWF

I haven't personally tried this on a Sniper / GS (which I'm assuming you are, since you posted here?), I wouldn't even bother. My KOTFE MM run through was on my Jugg tank and heal comp, and even that caused deaths occasionally. Going to go through KOTET MM on my Shadow tank to stealth through stuff as a bonus, hoping that would make it easier. Should that fail, I'll run through on my Scoundrel healer stealthing and healing. And should that fail ---- I'll get guildies for special fights...

These aren't meant to be fun on MM, it's meant to be a serious ballache grind. Especially solo. Enjoy :)

(stay away on Sniper maybe)

• 1 month later...

I've only done a few chapters on Vet mode, but I can already tell this idea was a dumb way to get people to replay their old content. No thought was really put into it besides cranking the damage every single enemy does up to 11. The bosses actually end up easier than the trash mobs with how difficulty scaling was botched.

Avoid master mode with your life unless you're looking for a flex, I'm not even sure it's worth it for that. The higher difficulties are mostly using combat damage numbers to make it seem hard, rather than any significant mechanics that force you to do something other than faceroll. Master mode just means you need to faceroll your defensives now too.

• 5 months later...

I'm a little bit late to the party for this, but Master Mode as a sniper/gunslinger, mainly revolves around 1) Getting all of the companions you're forced to run with to rank 30-40+ and setting them as healers, and 2) abusing the hell out of cover and 3) mastering how to root/slow/kb knights of Zakuul.

Scrambling field combined with the heroic utilities that buff it is a big help (especially the one that improves your DR for every enemy inside the scrambling field, while healing you and making you immune to CC/KB.)

Sweeping/Suppressing fire, with the +25% damage boost should be able to mow down most regular spawns before they can hurt you much.

When you're fighting a Horizon Guard or Knight, you need to keep them rooted and slowed and kite them as much as possible. Several of the utilities help enormously with this. You can't interrupt all the thunderous blasts, which one-shot you, so you need to master the roll to avoid the damage.

In a couple fights, like when fighting multiple golds, you just have to go balls to the wall, set companion to DPS, use heroic, open with 2x orbital bombardment, and then trigger Unity and Scrambling Field in succession, while burning down one of the golds, and then kiting the other. The heroic tier that heals you for 10% when rolling and increases Dodge's duration is very useful.

Bag of Tricks will often need to be used. Combined with Dodge, that can give you 10 seconds of near immunity.

I think Marksmanship/Sharpshooter is probably the worst spec, since so many enemies have high armor.

I think Dirty Fighting/Virulence is the best, since it has the strongest defensive passives (5 more seconds of Scrambling Field, DR added to shield probe/defense screen, etc). And it's the easiest to kite with.

When you get lucky and you're up against difficult enemies that are range only, you can also cheese them, by loading them up on dots, and then staying in cover while healing via the utility.

Anywhoo. One thing Master Mode will teach you, is how to maximize all of your defensive abilities.

Edited by clearsighted

• 2 months later...

The thing about the expansions on MM is they’re basically the bridge between PvE and PvP. If you can learn to kite and use your DCDs on adds and bosses that can kill you in like three shots, then you’re pretty much halfway to mastering your class enough to be a threat in a warzone. If not, you’re going to be massively frustrated. I went through it on my Slinger, and some of those vet mode fights took me like twenty tries to get through.

As was mentioned, cranking the damage to an 11 is not the proper way to up the difficulty on something. But, it’s what the devs went with. So you’ve got to find every way to mitigate that damage and utilize them all.

• 1 year later...

I have been doing a lot of the MM chapters. Am currently stuck on the run for the shadows one and am thinking I will ask someone to help me there as it seems close to if not completely impossible to do this on a non stealth character. (Last boss in it, the genohardian (?) leader and his two adds... best I have gotten is both adds killed and boss at 50pct or so))

All the ones before are doable on a non stealth character but often a frustrating experience as the difficulty varies wildly and it also very often depends on luck regardless of your skill. I.e. getting one shot is quite common in them. Companion micromanagement is sometimes also a neccessity as they tend to stand in stupid.

I am doing them for the chievos but otherwise it is a mixed experience. Meaning in a way it is more fun as story or even veteran are often ridiculously easy but it completely sucks that very often it is more a question of luck than strategy which is sometimes very frustrating.. There is not much you can do if some of the mobs oneshot you or your companion.