Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Regarding 2.6 operative / scoundrel changes (dev's post)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Regarding 2.6 operative / scoundrel changes (dev's post)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ViridianVex
01.17.2014 , 08:39 PM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahebish View Post
3. Auto crit on HS stealth nerf - Yes there was actually an autocrit in the past, and BW nerf'd it without telling anyone. Obviously people aren't stupid and noticed it right away.
Not sure what you are talking about.. My main has been an operative since launch and I've never had an auto crit on hidden strike. With the old pve set bonus, before the crit nerfs in 2.0, and the earlier nerf to our got 6% crit from talents, we could get our backstab crit up quite high.. If you went beyond the dr on crit back then, you might have 73% crit on backstab, and 58% on hs - neither autocrit, and at the cost of bonus damage. That said, we have been hit with a lot of nerfs.

Ahebish
01.18.2014 , 02:10 PM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by ViridianVex View Post
Not sure what you are talking about.. My main has been an operative since launch and I've never had an auto crit on hidden strike. With the old pve set bonus, before the crit nerfs in 2.0, and the earlier nerf to our got 6% crit from talents, we could get our backstab crit up quite high.. If you went beyond the dr on crit back then, you might have 73% crit on backstab, and 58% on hs - neither autocrit, and at the cost of bonus damage. That said, we have been hit with a lot of nerfs.
I'm talking prior to 1.2.

Orangeskye
01.20.2014 , 03:11 PM | #163
FINALLY broke 4k, just barely...but it's a nice number to see haha

http://www.torparse.com/a/560143/tim...075/0/Overview
Dread Master Kesmet Zorz
World First Deposer of the Dread Masters & Dread Master
Carl, Deposer of the Dread Masters Proper Villians
Tehdylfu TURN DOWN FOR HWAT

Luckeyduckey
01.20.2014 , 06:51 PM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by Orangeskye View Post
FINALLY broke 4k, just barely...but it's a nice number to see haha

http://www.torparse.com/a/560143/tim...075/0/Overview
Grats on 4k. How is your crit percent so high though? Luck? Or did the 6% really help that much? Wondering if others will be able to replicate these parses. I can't, because I'm only in 69s/72s, but want to play Conc at a competitive level.

Orangeskye
01.20.2014 , 07:23 PM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by Luckeyduckey View Post
Grats on 4k. How is your crit percent so high though? Luck? Or did the 6% really help that much? Wondering if others will be able to replicate these parses. I can't, because I'm only in 69s/72s, but want to play Conc at a competitive level.
I'm running 220 crit atm, so that...in addition to luck. My rotation isn't as clean as Carl's, so he will be able to beat this easily once he gets some good RNG. Just got lucky, but that's what happens when you put time behind it.
Dread Master Kesmet Zorz
World First Deposer of the Dread Masters & Dread Master
Carl, Deposer of the Dread Masters Proper Villians
Tehdylfu TURN DOWN FOR HWAT

MustrumRidcully
01.21.2014 , 03:01 AM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
[color=#f9d648]Hey everyone!
As you can see, there is quite a bit happening to increase Concealment damage in 2.6. Now, I know one of the things that came out of the brainstorming threads and the Class Reps was that you need survivability. I want to tell you that we don't disagree with that sentiment at all! The issue that stands currently is that most of the survivability of the Operative is tied into the base class. That means that if we increase Concealment survivability, we are also going to increase how hard it is to kill a Medicine Operative. That isn't ideal.
Is that really true in practice? The base abilities might all be there, but without significant buffs from the Medicine tree, they are insufficient - in the time you heal yourself you take more damage then you heal, and could deal a lot more damage to the enemy if you were on the offensive - and if you take the Medicine Tree buffs, you won't have the damage buffs, and are overall ineffective ,unless you go all the way in and are now a real healer.

Do you see an area of mixing two specializations where the net benefit is truely better than a fully specialized build would be? Or are you just not sure yet and try to identify such builds and this find the abilities that would need tweaking to compensate?