Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Regarding 2.6 operative / scoundrel changes (dev's post)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Regarding 2.6 operative / scoundrel changes (dev's post)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nortt's Avatar


Nortt
01.09.2014 , 04:42 PM | #101
operatives do not need survivability. every single warzone I play in I never have over 2 deaths. If anything I always bring home 0 deaths. WE NEED MORE DMG. concealment operatives are doing the least amount of dmg out of any class. you can see all classes pull 800k+ games but its almost impossible for a operative to do that. we have stealth, cloaking screen, and evasion. that's ultimate survivability. you have the chance to pick and choose the fights you wanna fight in. you aren't a jug or a mara. operatives are ment to be sneaky and do a lot of dmg. THEY ARENT MENT TO BE TANKS. IF YOU WANT MORE SURVIVABILITY PLAY AS A ASSASSIN OR A SHADOW.

Nortt's Avatar


Nortt
01.09.2014 , 04:44 PM | #102
please don't give us survivability. we don't need it. we need more DMG! MORE DMG!

darthgamer's Avatar


darthgamer
01.09.2014 , 04:55 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Nortt View Post
operatives do not need survivability. every single warzone I play in I never have over 2 deaths. If anything I always bring home 0 deaths. WE NEED MORE DMG. concealment operatives are doing the least amount of dmg out of any class. you can see all classes pull 800k+ games but its almost impossible for a operative to do that. we have stealth, cloaking screen, and evasion. that's ultimate survivability. you have the chance to pick and choose the fights you wanna fight in. you aren't a jug or a mara. operatives are ment to be sneaky and do a lot of dmg. THEY ARENT MENT TO BE TANKS. IF YOU WANT MORE SURVIVABILITY PLAY AS A ASSASSIN OR A SHADOW.
Same here idk why ppl want to stay out of stealth more then they need get in GET OUT that's a rogue which is what we are.
I'll be the butter you'll be the popcorn

Nortt's Avatar


Nortt
01.09.2014 , 05:08 PM | #104
and im sorry, but if a operative opens on you and you are a anything but a tank or wear heavy armor then you should die. that's how it is. sins are the same way. its easy to fight someone when they use theirs cds. you just have to be smart about it. but if you look at the damage that conc operatives are getting and how many deaths they are taking home it doesn't add up. they are bringing little to 0 deaths home but average 200kdmg-500kdmg and that's if you have great energy management and have a healer making sure you don't die. but regardless for you ppl who think survivability is the key then you are dead wrong, if you want to survive then go heals. if you want to do dmg then go conc. but you cant have both. if you want both then operative is the wrong class for you.............

Nortt's Avatar


Nortt
01.09.2014 , 05:15 PM | #105
oh and I think I forgot to mention that operatives have a roll now? that is also a very very over powered survivability tool that can be used whenever they feel like.....

player-klaus's Avatar


player-klaus
01.09.2014 , 05:29 PM | #106
@Nortt, Darthdeathgamer &co

you are obviously very new to the game. I say you are not experienced enough with swtorpvp to write here.

if players who do arena on a regular basis state that lethality/concealment has not enough defensives to be viable for a ranked arena team, then this is a fact.

Quote: Originally Posted by Nortt View Post
and im sorry, but if a operative opens on you and you are a anything but a tank or wear heavy armor then you should die. that's how it is. sins are the same way.
are you on coccaine? ever heared of balance? everyone would play operative then, why would you denie sages snipers, marauders... the right to pvp?
oh, i get it. u are in mid-tier-pvp atm, feeling like a god, the best of the best. newsflash: the real pvp starts at 55 in ranked environment. when u will get there, i say we will see a few "buff my operative", "we are so useless threads."

Quote: Originally Posted by Nortt View Post
we have stealth, cloaking screen, and evasion. that's ultimate survivability.
rofl, ever played against a competent team?

Quote: Originally Posted by Nortt View Post
oh and I think I forgot to mention that operatives have a roll now? that is also a very very over powered survivability tool that can be used whenever they feel like.....
are u familiar with operative energy regen system? ever heard of slows?...roots not to mention
/facepalm

Quote: Originally Posted by darthgamer View Post
Same here idk why ppl want to stay out of stealth more then they need get in GET OUT that's a rogue which is what we are.
in a ranked arena game u can enter stealth how often?

pls dear BW dont listen to theese kind of ppl.

Nortt's Avatar


Nortt
01.09.2014 , 05:31 PM | #107
alright, you clearly don't understand. I was the highest rating operative on my server before they reset it. I don't need you telling me that I have 0 ranked experience. not once have I talked about leth...but you clearly must be a pver because you think a dmg class needs survivability. go play a sin homie not a operative....ops are glass cannons. I didn't know glass cannons were suppose to stay alive like a tank...but hey you must be the expert since you run conc in ranked....

Nortt's Avatar


Nortt
01.09.2014 , 05:33 PM | #108
and if you were remotely skilled, you can kill anyone other than a tank and heavy armor in a easy stun lock....I do it all the time. and if you were good enough then you would know how to conserve ur energy when you are rolling. but let me flex my epeen more and say that I got a 10,950 hidden strike in a warzone today. but I clearly don't pvp. AT ALL even tho im valor 100 and ive been playing operative since beta. did you forget the 30% dmg decrease on hidden strike? how about this, go duel a hybrid sin and see how much DMG you do

Nortt's Avatar


Nortt
01.09.2014 , 05:35 PM | #109
we don't need these clowns asking for something that is already out. if you want to smash ppl and not die easy play a mara, not a operative. if you want to do dmg and survive then play a sin, not a operative. my point being is that you shouldnt change a class to mirror the other dps classes. keep the operative unique, please don't make it into a mara or a sin

player-klaus's Avatar


player-klaus
01.09.2014 , 05:36 PM | #110
well, and i'm the Qeen of England.