any info on 2.6?

amona

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oops wrong link....

the right link I don't think I'm allowed to post actually

its stuff data mined from patch 2.5.1 .... but google will find you the links if you want.

I think its okey to link, if im not mistaken dulfy already posted a link to it here.

I think its okey to link, if im not mistaken dulfy already posted a link to it here.

In the past any links (and discussion) about datamined stuff has been deleted.

As far as 2.6, we will probably start hearing about it soon.

http://www.swtor.com/galactic-starfighter

While it is not guaranteed and couple be different. We could be getting 2.6 along with F2P getting access to GS (it is 9 weeks after 2.5)

I think they said 8-10 weeks because they are taking 2 weeks off.

So end of January, mid-April seems to be when 2.6 will hit live.

February 4 is when F2P have access to GSF and would be 9 weeks from 2.5. I am guessing that is when 2.6 (or 3.0) will be released with the official release of the new expansion with new Flashpoint, new area (as shown in the recent blog posts,) and the addition of Bombers to GSF along with other additions to GSF. We might also see some class balances and Quesh Huttball map.

Edited by Bstr

• Dev Post
when will it be released,? 2.5 was early december so 6 weeks is mid january.

what content is in it?

First off, Happy New Year everyone! I am back in the office now from the holidays so we are right back to some yellow posts :)

Game Update 2.6 first and foremost will mark the launch of Galactic Starfighter! That will mean the introduction of:

• The Gunship unlock available for F2P players.
  • A new Gunship variant.
  • Two Bomber variants!
  • ...and more! We will talk more about this next week.

Also, Game Update 2.6 will come with a few class changes, here is just an overview of some of what you will see:

• A fairly significant DPS boost for Operatives/Scoundrels.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Tracer Missile/Grav Round and Power Shot/Charged Bolts.
  • Sorcerers/Sages will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Lightning Strike and Force Lightning/Disturbance and Telekinetic Throw.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos can now cast Kolto Shell/Trauma Probe on more than one target at a time.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos can now use Rapid Shots/Hammer Shot on themselves while Combat Support Cylinder/Combat Support Cell are active.

As always, look for the 2.6 patch notes for a full list of all changes that are coming! That is just a preview of what is to come.

-eric

• Mercenaries/Commandos will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Tracer Missile/Grav Round and Power Shot/Charged Bolts.
  • Sorcerers/Sages will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Lightning Strike and Force Lightning/Disturbance and Telekinetic Throw.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos can now cast Kolto Shell/Trauma Probe on more than one target at a time.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos can now use Rapid Shots/Hammer Shot on themselves while Combat Support Cylinder/Combat Support Cell are active.

-eric

woo I can shot myself now!

So yeah... I'm a little bit confused by that one LOL.

It means that Mercenaries/Commando healers now have a free and weak heal that they can use on themselves.

It also means that I now do not have to annoy my teammates by healing them out of combat to get my 30 stacks of supercharge.

[*]A fairly significant DPS boost for Operatives/Scoundrels.

The rich keep getting richer. Operative is a decent DPS class, it doesn't need any 'significant' buffs. Yet Powertech, Assassin and Juggernaut are becoming less and less ideal to bring as a DPS class. Seriously, it's time to stop picking favourites here.

Edited by Luckygunslinger

First off, Happy New Year everyone! I am back in the office now from the holidays so we are right back to some yellow posts :)

Game Update 2.6 first and foremost will mark the launch of Galactic Starfighter! That will mean the introduction of:

• A new Gunship variant.
  • Two Bomber variants!

Also, Game Update 2.6 will come with a few class changes, here is just an overview of some of what you will see:

As always, look for the 2.6 patch notes for a full list of all changes that are coming! That is just a preview of what is to come.

-eric

Nice to see some positive changes.

When you say "a skill to eliminate pushback for Grav Round/Charge Bolts, do you mean an entirely new skill tree talent, or will you be modifying something that currently exists?

Looks good, but can we please, please, please, get the base cooldown for Tech Override/Power Surge brought to 60s?

So yeah... I'm a little bit confused by that one LOL.

many commandos including myself have been asking for it, thankfully the devs finally are responding now to it!

For people don't know, hammer shot with combat support cell on gives out a small heal, used a lot when recharging ammo and inbetween as well as while healing and running

And once again they've totally ignored all the QoL suggestions that actually could have improved sage/sorc. And what does "skill" mean in this context? Is it a baseline skill or a specced skill? I wouldnt be surprised that if it was added to the top of the tele/lightning tree. Doesnt even matter where they put it because it's useless for the vast majority of sages/sorcs anyway, those who are playing madness/balance or heavy hybrids.

Anything out of the following would have been better:

*Effusion at the bottom of one of the trees. Effusion can now be triggered by heal abilties too.

*Egress as baseline or at the bottom of a tree

*No cast time on WW

*Electrocute range back

*Increased distance on KB (as in the distance the enemy is pushed back)

*Shorter dot duration, maintained damage

*Crit multiplier

So once again, thanks for nothing.

InB4invincibleopshybrids

The rich keep getting richer. Operative is a decent DPS class, it doesn't need any 'significant' buffs. Yet Powertech, Assassin and Juggernaut are becoming less and less ideal to bring as a DPS class. Seriously, it's time to stop picking favourites here.

Err... No. Operatives as in Concealment are not a decent DPS class and they do indeed need significant buffs. Let me guess... you don't have any Operatives?

And once again they've totally ignored all the QoL suggestions that actually could have improved sage/sorc. And what does "skill" mean in this context? Is it a baseline skill or a specced skill? I wouldnt be surprised that if it was added to the top of the tele/lightning tree. Doesnt even matter where they put it because it's useless for the vast majority of sages/sorcs anyway, those who are playing madness/balance or heavy hybrids.

Anything out of the following would have been better:

*Effusion at the bottom of one of the trees. Effusion can now be triggered by heal abilties too.

*Egress as baseline or at the bottom of a tree

*No cast time on WW

*Electrocute range back

*Increased distance on KB (as in the distance the enemy is pushed back)

*Shorter dot duration, maintained damage

*Crit multiplier

So once again, thanks for nothing.

InB4invincibleopshybrids

At least Sorc is getting something. This will probably be the 6th update where Juggernaut DPS is left untouched and made even less ideal to bring now that Merc and Sorc can lolspam abilities without worrying about incoming damage.

Edited by Luckygunslinger

• A new Gunship variant.
  • Two Bomber variants!

-eric

Any ETA on getting rid of the green beam of death for Commando healers so we stop over-broadcasting our presence in WZ's?

many commandos including myself have been asking for it, thankfully the devs finally are responding now to it!

For people don't know, hammer shot with combat support cell on gives out a small heal, used a lot when recharging ammo and inbetween as well as while healing and running

It's a good QoL change for Commandos IMO.

It also shows that they do listen. Not that listening = doing as told/asked all the time, but here is a case where they did and they did.

Edited by Andryah

• A new Gunship variant.
  • Two Bomber variants!

-eric

Thanks for cleaning up the stickies!