launcher can't download recent patch

archiev

my launcher doesn't do anything for a while and then gives me a message: "This application has encountered unspecified error. please try this patch again". there doesn't seem to be option to try installing patch again other than restarting launcher which always yields same results and the repair function in the launcher is not available because it finds everything to be ok

my launcher doesn't do anything for a while and then gives me a message: "This application has encountered unspecified error. please try this patch again". there doesn't seem to be option to try installing patch again other than restarting launcher which always yields same results and the repair function in the launcher is not available because it finds everything to be ok

Had this problem as well a couple days ago with the exact error message as you quoted. Found a discussion thread on the EA website that mentioned the following fix if you are using the streaming client, which I have installed.

1. Open task manager and go to Services tab

2. Find BRSptStub which is the Bitraider Mini-Support Services Stub Loader

3. Right click and Open Services. Find the above mentioned BRSptStub in the new window

4. Change from manual to automatic

5. Restart pc

You might want to check this line in your launcher.settings file. which is hidden file in these path ways.

For those with 64 bit systems

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic

For those with 86 bit systems

C:\Program Files \Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic

, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\" }"

, "bitraider_download_complete": { }

, "log_levels": "INFO,SSNFO,ERROR"

, "bitraider_disable": false

I had to change mine to this in order for it to patch properly after rebuilding my computer and downloading the up to date launcher from swtor.

, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"BR\" }"

, "bitraider_download_complete":

{ "swtor": true

}

Not sure if it be the same for everyone but that how i solved it back in August 2020.