Need more healers

Bigjit

But, honestly, why do people heal in WZ's. There is no incentive. Bioware, you seriously need to fix this issue. It seems a no brainer but if your having trouble figuring out why I'm complaining, here's a clue.

Medals. Plain and simple. It's much harder to get them as a pure healer vs. DPS or even a tank. Why is this? Why can't you follow give additional medals for healers. Some ideas would be something like:

A) One time medal for bringing someone back from under 20% -call it savior (no idea where I got that name)

B) One time medal for healing more than 5 people in a warzone-

I had some good ideas but it's late and I'm tired. Anyone else got any ideas? I mean, I believe there are people who want to heal but as it is now, a lot of healers feel like they have to DPS just to get a fair shake. What do you say BW? Reward those healers!

It might also help if the kills of people you heal would count for you as well.

I mean, you're in the middle of a wholesale scrap. Come out 300k+ healed and get what? 3 blasted medals for 75k heal, 300k heal and the oneshot 2,5k heal. And why? Looking into the kills number you get a bloody 3! Three! :mad:

Why? Because you have to tag enemies around you as well with damage in order to get the "enemies slain"-medals. This of course means wasting resources like gcds and energy/focus/whatnot on dmg.

So far you have the coice to either contribute usefully to the warzone, or try to collect medals. :(

If anybody tells me this is working as intended whoever designed this needs to go back to the drawing board. And fast!

Edited by silent_poet

had a guy decide to dedicate heals on me ( trooper dps )... after winning 2 huttballs and a alderan match... we added each other to friends, and now pvp together whenever we can....

Having heals makes quite the difference, going 44 and 0 in a alderan match was epic =)

had a guy decide to dedicate heals on me ( trooper dps )... after winning 2 huttballs and a alderan match... we added each other to friends, and now pvp together whenever we can....

Having heals makes quite the difference, going 44 and 0 in a alderan match was epic =)

Trooper + Heals is pretty awesome, isn't it? xD

Im a healer and no, we don't need incentive to heal! We chose the class for a reason. If you chose a healer expecting to be rewarded and showered with praise, you need to pick a different class

lol...incentive to heal....LOL :D

Being target number one if the other side has half a brain i'm used to. A few more defensive options on the Scoundrel would be nice but not necessarily required.

Fixing the medal gain however is.

I always stare dumbfonded at the medal count of my little vanguard (defense) in comparison to the scoundrel. *sigh*

Worst part is you don't even get MVP votes as a dedicated healer. I was healing, interupting and stunning when needed. Had the highest heals in the match and got not 1 MVP vote...nope they all went to the DPS that I kept alive so they could get their kills.

Specing healer = almost insta win. I heal for about 600k average per game. Sometime the other team doesnt even get a single kill in the whole game. I usualy manage to get to invincible ( aka 7 medals ) and people give **** tons of MVP. Healing isnt all that bad.

Just gotta tag enemies, do a bit of dmg when you have free time or need to help on the kill. Also as a healer you SHOULD get a fair couple of kill while you use interupt on every cooldown to stop the enemy healers, use ccs/stuns to mitigate dmg, knockbacks etc.

losing the extra 3 medals I would get from being dmg dealer for having to play way less games to get my dailly done is a fair tradeoff.

Healing in pvp is totaly overpowered right now but i do agree that they could give kill credits if the people i healed taged the enemy before he died.

Edited by MasterMaL

I spec'd healing for like 2 matches, got my 2 medals, died a **** ton once the other team figured out I was a healer ... said why bother, respec'd back to DPS and have never looked back.

That coming from a dedicated healer in every other MMO ever played.

Dam, i also have always ended up being a dedicated healer in MMO's and this is a huge kick in the nether region. I agree with the above that if i heal a player who is being taken down by two enemies and he stays alive then i should get a kill credit or to for this as without me he would also be dead.

Or introduce a heal count somehow,

Edited by DickieWild

I am a dedicated healer in warzones and I to agree they need to add medals for pure healers. One thing I have found that works great to get your kill count up is to have an instant dot and just apply when you can to all enemies around. Yes it does use up gcds and resources but it can easily get you another medal or two for 10 kills and 25 kills.

I run with powertech BH and he gets at least 7 -9 medals to my 3-5 every match. We both usually never die I may get 1 death and we both fight in the same places so to me seems very unfair we are both working just as hard to win and the balance is just not there.

Take his guard ability for example. He guards me taking 30% of my damage which is great synergy when teams try to focus him or me. But the issue I have is he gets 2 -3 medals out of the deal and I get none. Even though without my heals he would never get all those defender points.

Not game breaking but it would be nice if the healers get a little more medal love. Since I am usually the only healer in a WZ but I will say the community on a whole do recognize the healers with MVP votes which a lot of times makes up for the lack of medals. I rarely do not get the most MVP votes if I am close or over 300k heals in a win or a loss.

Im a healer and no, we don't need incentive to heal! We chose the class for a reason. If you chose a healer expecting to be rewarded and showered with praise, you need to pick a different class

lol...incentive to heal....LOL :D

It's not about incentive to heal. We heal because it's necessary and it's fun, but that doesn't mean we should be comparatively penalized for doing our job

If you want to advance your valor rank at the same pace as other roles, you are often faced with a choice of doing your primary task of keeping your team alive, or using crucial time and resources to do damage so you aren't miles behind on medals.

Other classes get amply rewarded for doing their job, healers should too.

EDIT: Either that or remove medals completely as they tend to encourage farming and bad decision making across all warzones

Edited by Faztastic