Seems ppl care about playing dressup more than content...

Philastra

Lots of us have enormous internets and can manage both fashion and leet combat rotations.

If my tank's not pretty, I feel less bad@zz taking direct hits to the face and walking away like it ain't no thang.

Edited by t_euclidus

What happened to this game.....

What ? Try to keep up !

We've already clared everything serveral times now and our toons and their companions are in min/max 72s. You're too slow. Now we're just fooling around with fluff. But you'll get there eventually. It's ok.

Edited by wainot-keel

Yes, you are a competitive, professional grade player in SWTOR.

Please, if you cared about things like end game and PvP, I would assume you would be playing another game. The majority of people who ever played this game were concerned with Star Wars, not your leet DPS.

I haven't paid a dime more than my sub for any of the content, including customization.

Same here. It's not hard to avoid paying above your monthly sub folks. If you can't do it.. then you simply don't really want to. Which makes complaining about it kind of .... odd.

MMO's are 75% fashion show. FACT.

Truth ^

Eye candy updates are a part of any developer's "we don't have new content to release this patch" rotation. It keeps the masses at bay with pointless goodies in the hopes of keeping them quiet for awhile. This is MMO 101 stuff.

I play SWTOR on the regular, and I didn't alter appearance on any of my toons or get a cathar unlock. When I roll up, I make them look how I want then. (Except I wanted that awesome new Qui-Gon looking hair for my Miraluka; too bad so sad it's human only.) However...

My two friends (one male, one female) are only occasional players and mostly sign in to play with me so we can group up. Today, I told them about the update (including the botched aspects and what it costs). They hadn't signed in for days. Upon being told there were new shinies to apply to their fancy @zzkicking ladies, they logged right in and got to work.

Like it or not, a lot of people, male and female, CM victims and sub-CC-only spenders...are really pumped to get to jazz up the old gray mares in their character stable. If things like this keep my friends subbing, signing in, and grouping up, it's WORKING for me. Doesn't matter I don't care too much about it... It keeps my friends playing, and for me, that's the point.

i like how people complain how there isn't enough content.

seriously, we have plenty of flashpoints and Ops. Stop rushing through everything just so you can say to yourself that you did it all. Enjoy the game, go outside every once and a while, get a job, and then you won't complain about content, because you spend hours on hours on your chair playing through everything in one sitting.

I was hating on the new dye system for a bit, but i realize it isn't TOO bad like everyone thought it was going to be. Sure the dye's i want are over 2 million on the GTN. Sure i hate the whole lottery system. But there are some decent looking dyes that are fairly friced on the gtn. So i'm fine with it all.

Well I think you guys missed the point of my comment and doesn't really matter, and some of you said something like keep up, I have 8 toons 3 at 55. 4 at 50 and 1 at 38 so yes I have done the content. But the content we get is it quality? Is it more than just repetitive ie. Dailies. Does it really reflect the revenue the game is bringing in?

Yes I have completed all the OP's have 3 WH + toons and at endgame 9 (play about 3 -4 hours a night) what ppl are left with and what has been created is Paying real cash to play dress up. Guess i'm the only one who sees it that way and that's ok. Wish you guys the best of luck and have fun playing.

And to those who wanna assumptions about how I play or what I do in life, keep guessing ....

Edited by Philastra

Nope I couldn't care less about dye or Cathars. I am just disgruntled about how the Cartel Market is the sole focus of Bioware and how they are double charging subscribers when they said at the outset that subscribers would have access to all the content at NO additional cost.

I even turned up for a opp without my sabre once but no one cared because I looked like a don . I just walked around looking great whilst everyone killed the mobs and boss. My fellow group members were greatful I was there to.

I even turned up for a opp without my sabre once but no one cared because I looked like a don . I just walked around looking great whilst everyone killed the mobs and boss. My fellow group members were greatful I was there to.

Word. It can be hard to keep from yanking aggro from the tank like that. It sounds like you know your stuff though.

If the looks are not important, why is there such a fuss of a handful of "players" about the customization and the cathar species not being "free" for subscribers ?

Also as mentioned in another thread: I want fluff AND content.

IMO? It got better and finally started to cater to it's majority playerbase.

Does that mean that you should suffer as a result? No, of course not. But if it is a choice of the game being healthy and not particularly liked by a certain portion of the community, or the game remaining as it was and struggling to survive I have to choose the former.

I do think it would have been nice to have an appearance system instead, like we suggested back in beta, that could have been toggled off by those that didn't like it. That would have been the fairest way to implement an image system IMO.