Newbie help again needed

Darth_KroniKaL

So am level 17 horray for me :D

So am a sith and i have 1 companion

Few questions

How do i level her up

I have been given her old gear of mine is that right thing to do.

How do i get more companions.

Crew skills how do i get her to do things for me....

i have managed to learn a crew skills cant remeber what it was but i should have learned 3?

sorry am so new am normally a FPS guy but am trying to move aaway i did wow once but got bored after like level 20 and maybe because i solo thease games and struggle but i am trying with swor

be gentle :D

Few questions

How do i level her up

Companions level with your character

Not really, if you are a Sith Warrior (Only "sith" with a "she" as first companion), you use a stat called Strength and she uses a stat called cunning. Strength does her no good, BUT if the gear slot was open then there is no harm. All that being said, in two weeks (when the expansion hits) it won't matter because companions will no longer use gear to improve their stats, your character's level will do that; gear will only change a companion's appearance

By going through the class story. As you progress you will get more companions

i have managed to learn a crew skills cant remeber what it was but i should have learned 3?

Press the "N" key to open the companion window, this will show what companions you have AND what crew skills you have.

sorry am so new am normally a FPS guy but am trying to move aaway i did wow once but got bored after like level 20 and maybe because i solo thease games and struggle but i am trying with swor

be gentle :D

Answers in red

Few questions

How do i level her up

As noted above, companions are always the same level as you. This is different from e.g. Guild Wars 1 where Heroes have their own levels, and can be higher, lower, or even the same as your character.

Only for Troopers, because only troopers have a set of companions who *all* use the same mainstat as the character. And even then it isn't correct, because if the trooper is a tank, he has different stat requirements to the first (ranged DPS) and second (heal) companions.

For Sith Warriors ("her" means "Vette", so SW, and not "Khem Val" who would eat you just for thinking he's a girl), this same-mainstat thing isn't true, so you need to acquire gear separately.

But see below.

Follow the story, as suggested above.

Open the Crew skills window by tapping 'N'. For Gathering crew skills (Scavenging, Bioanalysis, Archeology, and Slicing), you can gather in the field from nodes (all four), dead heavy droids (Scavenging), and dead heavy beasts (Bioanalysis) by clicking on them, in which case, by default, your companion will gather.

You can learn one crafting skill, and normally you learn one gathering skill and one mission skill to support it.

Don't fuss about that - we all go through that.

Now, about that "see below"...

When the new expansion arrives on Oct20(1), the need to gear companions for *stats* will go away. You can still give them gear for "looks", but they generate their own stats just by having level X. And even if it didn't go away, all the mainstats (Strength, Willpower, Aim, and Cunning) are being replaced by Mastery. This is a good thing because it means that there will be no more Assault Cannons (Commando-only weapon that should therefore only have the Aim mainstat on it) with the Cunning mainstat (not useful for Commandos).

(1) I think many people are overlooking the obvious point about the new expansion.

Well, it's obvious to me, anyway. On Oct20, we all get access to all the gameplay parts of the expansion, so the unified mainstat and the lack of companion gearing will affect everyone all at once. People with Early Access to the expansion will be able to play the new content (become the Outlander) immediately. Everyone else will have to wait until Oct27 to access the new content, and non-subs will have to sub to access it.

The gameplay aspects of the changes are sufficiently radical that I cannot see them doing it any other way, unless they close the game for non-Early Start customers during that week, and I don't see that happening.

And Oct20 is just five days away, so don't fuss too much just yet.

Edited by SteveTheCynic