Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Double exp event + Guild exp bonus perk do they stack?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Double exp event + Guild exp bonus perk do they stack?

ThePlox
09.17.2020 , 06:06 PM | #1
Hello fellow players. I was hoping either a staff member can answer this question. Currently we are having a double exp event. Now, I see that rested exp is turned off. But what I would like answered is are guild perks for boosted exp turned off as well?

SteveTheCynic
09.18.2020 , 02:17 AM | #2
As far as I know, they aren't. Double-XP events only deactivate Rested XP.

However, don't forget that the various percentages *add* rather than multiplying, and that for subscribers, the base figure is smaller than you think.

Example: a mission gives 10K "base" experience. With no other +XP effects active, a subscriber will receive +25%, giving a total of 12500 XP.

Now let's start a "double" XP event. This adds a +100% bonus, but it is +100% of the *base* figure, so it adds 10K, not 12500, giving a total of 22500, equivalent to +125%. (That is, for subscribers, a "double XP" event is only +80% compared to what they normally get.)

This is not idle speculation. It was announced as "this is how it works" by BioWare staff some years back.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
?REDO FROM START

ThePlox
09.18.2020 , 05:55 PM | #3
Thank you. I appreciate it. If anyone else knows anything please leave a message. But I'm glad to see at least that the xp boost from guilds is not disabled.

SteveTheCynic
09.19.2020 , 04:02 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ThePlox View Post
Thank you. I appreciate it. If anyone else knows anything please leave a message. But I'm glad to see at least that the xp boost from guilds is not disabled.
I don't *know* about the +5-10% guild thing (just for being in a guild), nor about guild perk bonuses that increase that, but I *do* know (and have confirmed it in various ways) that "Double" stacks with the +XP booster objects and the various boosts in the legacy panel, so I would be very, very surprised to find that the guild bonuses don't work.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
?REDO FROM START