Healing medals

Sinemetu

I recently picked up my operative healer again, who I haven't played since well before 1.2. Although I'm still trying to get over my rage at having my champion set nerfed into the trashbin, I'd like to get better gear (obviously), which involves doing warzones and hopefully getting 8 medals a game. It's not working out for me. Most of the warzones are fine, but in Huttball, 8 medals seems impossible. I get the five I've always gotten (2.5k heal, 75/300k healed, killing blow, 10 kills) more or less. What do healers do to get to 8 medals in huttball? Healing doesn't seem to work at all.

Often in a huttball I can get up to 25 kills, that's another medal right there.

You have Hidden Strike. Pop a relic from stealth, get behind a squishy, use hidden strike on him. If it crits, you get 2.5k damage medal. If the squishy had his bubble up, SOMETIMES you can get it with a follow-up backstab if you're BM geared, dunno about recruit. If you're really lucky, the squishy will have been damaged but killed his attacker, and then not self-healed out of combat for whatever reason, and you get the assassin medal too (don't count on this, though).

Passing the ball gives you attacker points, so if your team controls mid, pick up the ball when it spawns and pass to a teammate. If your team has mid the enemy likely won't be able to insta-gib you and you can get the pass off.

Sometimes I get lucky and get the 5k single heal, but we can't farm it at will like sorcs can.

You get defender points for killing the ball carrier. In theory, healing someone else who kills the ball carrier gives you credit, but just to be safe I lob a grenade in the general area to get some damage on bc, triage considerations permitting. This generally is at least a couple medals through the course of the match.

Yes, there are still the odd matches where I never get the opportunity to do anything but heal in huttball and still get screwed on medals, but most of the time I don't have a problem getting to 8, unless it's a quick loss.