We need the Vanguard updated

LordNebros

This is just my opinion.

The Republic Trooper options are terrible.

I quit playing as a Commando and deleted that character because the aesthetic of the giant canon just looks ridiculous to me and it seemed (at least early on) that you couldn't really use other weapons to great effect.

Now playing as Vanguard I can't imagine actually finishing this class story. The gameplay is clunky and lacklustre imo, they apparently made Vanguard a MELEE class, ***?:confused: You run around basically having to stand face-to-face with enemies in order to use any of the abilities (as far as I can tell so far). They give you the opportunity to use automatic laser guns and give you LESS range than a scaled goddamn musket? Worse still, YOU CAN'T TAKE COVER! Really?! No way to take cover... seriously?

What kind of ridiculous soldier class is this? Completely destroyed any kind of immersion it could have had. I already felt reluctant to play Trooper because I assumed the story wouldn't be that engaging (it is a generic soldier class, not much you can do with it weighed against Jedi, agents, Sith etc), but now I discover that the gameplay is this bad and I will gladly give this one a pass until they actually make it fun to play.

I somewhat agree.

Combat is a bit weird, and I found the tanking discipline to be the one that made the most sense and fun in terms of rotation and "combat presence". I'm currently finishing the story on Plasma Tech tho because I feel it's a bit faster, and I will stop (at least for a while) after I'm done with the story; I want to keep exploring the other classes and stories.

That being said, the Trooper story is most definitely worth it, I've only done another class story (SW), and I found the companions to be more engaging here: while some companions like Yuun and Tanno VIk seem a bit generic to me, Aric Jorgan gets across the dynamics of his relation to you (no spoilers but you will know), M1-4X is a very successful satirical character and Elara Dorne shows you what a woman with integrity and personality is like with some nuance. The story progression is also interesting: the missions in themselves are a bit vanilla soldier stuff (though this makes sense even if it's not the most exciting), but the progression from chapter to chapter is very good in giving you that sense of being a soldier rising through the ranks (with the respect and power which comes with it).

I would suggest to stick to the story and just do the class missions, I think it's most definitely worth it.

I somewhat agree.

Combat is a bit weird, and I found the tanking discipline to be the one that made the most sense and fun in terms of rotation and "combat presence". I'm currently finishing the story on Plasma Tech tho because I feel it's a bit faster, and I will stop (at least for a while) after I'm done with the story; I want to keep exploring the other classes and stories.

That being said, the Trooper story is most definitely worth it, I've only done another class story (SW), and I found the companions to be more engaging here: while some companions like Yuun and Tanno VIk seem a bit generic to me, Aric Jorgan gets across the dynamics of his relation to you (no spoilers but you will know), M1-4X is a very successful satirical character and Elara Dorne shows you what a woman with integrity and personality is like with some nuance. The story progression is also interesting: the missions in themselves are a bit vanilla soldier stuff (though this makes sense even if it's not the most exciting), but the progression from chapter to chapter is very good in giving you that sense of being a soldier rising through the ranks (with the respect and power which comes with it).

I would suggest to stick to the story and just do the class missions, I think it's most definitely worth it.

Yeah, I think I'll stick with it for the story. I have gotten semi-used to the gameplay for Trooper. I thought might as well just do the Class stories, it'll be a levelling fail (right?) but levelling isn't really necessary for class/ story missions.