Is it possible to lock mouse look?

StarExplorerX

Not as far as I can tell, and I have been looking for such an option for a while. It may be something that is added with the UI updates that Bioware have promised, because the main reason for leaving the mouse look unbound as it is now, is that so much of the UI requires mouse operation rather than keybinding.

There is none. Bioware while copying WoW had no idea that WoW is old - just like the controls. What TOR lack is:

1. mouse lock

2. target on hover (so when you put crossair on some enemy and you hit ability you will target him and ability will fire)

3. healing on hover. Sam here. You can point crossair on the target and use healing OR you can hover mouse cursor in normal mode on his portrait and do the same.

4. stupid shortcuts. For example I have 2 lines of skills but only first one is accessible from keyboard. Second I need to click. I must check controls again to see if that can be changed. And they WASTE CTRL on companion skills that I almost never use. How stupid is that ?

and much much more. Bioware was never innovate. They copied some features from WoW but there is much copying left. Still I enjoy the game. Put a request or something somewhere and hope people will support and Bioware will take interest. They could do all that since they already will rewrite user UI (right after launch hehe).

Hey, well I think it would be a lot easier for me with mouse look locked.

I would use Tab to target enemys, and then probably set up Q as a friendly target button.

Since with mouse look locked you dont need turning keys anymore.

Then just use the keyboard for useing abilities.

The only problem I could see would possibly be with talking to NPCs. You would need to target them then have a key for interacting.(not sure if there is allready a key to interact).

As it is now I have alittle bit of a hard time controlling in a warzone with my sith warrior. I have to hold down the right mouse button as i try to chase people around and use abilities on them.(i feel like I must be missing something about the controls)

(I have not tried to use the left mouse button to move while I chase people. But still holding those 2 buttons down and moving around and trying to use my side mouse button for abilities at the same time seems like a bit much. I would like to move with WASD and have the mouse control my turning and looking)

It is easier with a character that uses guns because I dont have to worry as much about this.

4. stupid shortcuts. For example I have 2 lines of skills but only first one is accessible from keyboard. Second I need to click. I must check controls again to see if that can be changed. And they WASTE CTRL on companion skills that I almost never use. How stupid is that ?

and much much more. Bioware was never innovate. They copied some features from WoW but there is much copying left. Still I enjoy the game. Put a request or something somewhere and hope people will support and Bioware will take interest. They could do all that since they already will rewrite user UI (right after launch hehe).

Your first 3 are correct, but 4... What?

I played the last three beta weekends and early access from day 1, ALL your quick slot bars have always been bindable. And so what if they use Ctrl+#? Some people like that, if you don't change it... I bind companion slot 1 to alt+scroll wheel up, and slot 2 to alt+scroll wheel down so I can have them attack and go passive, all you need.