Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Slicing post-nerf, please look at the numbers BW

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Slicing post-nerf, please look at the numbers BW
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

keepster
01.29.2012 , 07:42 PM | #341
Well on my server Zym i cant give my missions away i literally vendered about 20 maybe more missions after trying for the past 3 days to sell them on the AH at the end i was trying to sell em for way below default price i got more from vendering them then from what i tryed to sell em at

Amdarius
01.29.2012 , 09:25 PM | #342
I've made a ton of money on my alt that took slicing as a skill. He has 500k credits at lvl 30. My main had about 5k credits at lvl 30 after buying his first speeder and speeder skill.

Slicing is still an awesome skill. If you're not getting rich off of it, you're doing it wrong.

Amdarius
01.29.2012 , 09:27 PM | #343
Quote: Originally Posted by Volki View Post
Pure bull.
I'm pulling in about 30k every 2 hours at lvl 33 just on taris. And those nodes aren't worth as much as the later ones. Just because YOU aren't pulling in 70k every 3 hours like those guys are doesn't mean they aren't doing it.. it just means you aren't.

keepster
01.29.2012 , 09:52 PM | #344
lol when i can sell a stack of one item for 94k and a nother half stack for around 225k il do that instead of slicing ty

PhoR
01.30.2012 , 01:16 AM | #345
I will say this much, if they expect us to make most of our money gathering nodes, then they need to fix all the damn broken nodes that we can't harvest. 5 out of the last 6 I've come across on Correlia have been underground.
ı≡≡≡≡≡≡ıı₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Fubbik
01.30.2012 , 02:20 AM | #346
You don't even have to pick nodes to make money through slicing. Just max out the skill by running missions that give a tiny profit, then wait for crits on Tier 5 and 6 missions. My alt is L32 and has 800k, every dime made from slicing (apart from regular quest rewards etc). Sure, it helps to be on a vivid server so you can sell those 340 missions and purple augs for a nice penny.
Wether this is in line with how BW figured the skill would work or not, is a totally different matter.

Lordkin
01.30.2012 , 11:44 PM | #347
slicing proff is just way too bad atm, i am losing more money than i am getting bk as rewards, if this is how bw plans to keep this prob, i might aswell delete this profession, and they should atleast care to reply about this obvious bad nerf instead of draging this on for months, say if u plan to do something about this b-**** so i can get on with deleting this proff or keep it

SkybladeDarkstar
01.30.2012 , 11:54 PM | #348
I took Slicing for the first time, on my Jedi Knight. T7 has a Slicing +Critical, and, honestly, without that boost, Slicing would be useless.

90% of the Slicing nodes I have found on Coruscant have been completely unusable, they're there, but can't be interacted with. And, on missions, I have lost money every time except two, unless I crit the mission. The "reward" is simply pitiful. You do not get a reasonable reward for the expenditure. Remove lockboxes from the loot list, or make the lockboxes gear lockboxes, or increase the money they return. Right now, the lockbox missions are useless, and the unharvestable nodes means that you basically get zero use out of this skill unless you really want 50,000 Augments.

Baelish
01.31.2012 , 01:23 AM | #349
Quote: Originally Posted by ThatJerkPat View Post
Total Missions: 155
Total Cost: 233675
[snip]
Total Reward: 303840
[snip]
Missions which lost money: 54
Missions which gained money: 101

Pretty ridiculous that a third of missions lose money. Just turns into a time sink. 63 CPM is very sad when one is not level 10.
Shouldn't you include the opportunity profit of all the schematics you discovered that you could sell?

Isn't it a bit ridiculous that you can make all this money through the simple sending out and collecting of the results of missions? Plus the extra profit from the schematics that would involve you hitting the GTN like other gathering crew skills require you to do to make money?

What does it matter that sometimes you lose money (or even fail) if the averages are so positive?

Slugamaniac
01.31.2012 , 10:12 AM | #350
I dropped slicing a few days ago in lew of Diplomacy to go with Biochem/Bioanaly since I hit 50 and started doing the Belsavis/Ilum dailies. One daily will net you more than all 5 companions going out and you hoping for a lucky crit for a plan you can sell (hopefully not Cybertech, got about 35+ in my cargo hold...). It's just not worth it anymore.
The Last Centurions - The Madhi Legacy - The Harbinger
Slugfest Slugtrooper Slugconsular Slackfest Slugshadow Slugfeast
Slugagent Slugwarrior Slughunter Slugsorcerer Slugassassin Slackmeister