Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Should companions be allowed in/on a PVP phase/instance

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Should companions be allowed in/on a PVP phase/instance

WesBley
06.13.2019 , 04:12 AM | #11
I mean comps are great and all but I think pvp is fine just the way it is

Lhancelot
06.13.2019 , 08:18 AM | #12
no. /5
Pookiemane SF Suffocates
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.

Ttoilleekul
06.14.2019 , 04:43 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Asaxor View Post
You will notice that a companion doesn't have a resolve bar. Any class that can mezz your companion for 1 minute (sorc, merc, op, sin) will automatically win against your skank because you will be alone and they will have their healing companion.
Actually I have had that happen, and they didn't win. I've even done it to other people using my scoundrel and shadow. But when done to me they haven't been able to defeat me before my companion wakes up. I can still interrupt, stun and delay them long enough for my companion to get in the fight. If they put their rank 50 companion on damage and then mez mine, then yes I would concede I should go down pretty quickly. But I guess all the ones that have tried it so far have still had their comp on healing, which means I'm effectively still going 1v1 and just need to stay alive long enough for comp to revive. Easy.

foxmob
06.14.2019 , 11:16 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Ttoilleekul View Post
Tell me what class can take down a Skank + healing comp properly guarded in Open World then? Like I said, I've had well known 258 Snipers try to take out my Kira, with Kira just facetanking them and taking NO damage, all the while I take their companion out. Closest anyone ever got was a Concentration Sentinel who managed to take out Kira slightly before I took her companion, leaving us 1v1, at which point she lost.
buddy....ok. I'll rewrite that for you:
Quote:
Any tank class can be top of the hill in 1v1 ow fights.

That's like saying, of all the brain-dead beasts of burden, my brain-dead donkey will outlast the other brain-dead oxen, horses, and ponies wandering the desert.

it's still a brain-dead donkey wandering in the desert.
Krack

Ttoilleekul
06.14.2019 , 04:01 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
buddy....ok. I'll rewrite that for you:

That's like saying, of all the brain-dead beasts of burden, my brain-dead donkey will outlast the other brain-dead oxen, horses, and ponies wandering the desert.

it's still a brain-dead donkey wandering in the desert.
No need to be bitter just because companion duels are different tactically to WZ or 1v1 duels. You've stated that I'm wrong, I'm pretty sure I recognise your name from GSF in Darth Malgus? So feel free to come and show me that I am wrong. I have no issue being proved wrong and will happily accept it and concede that you are right if you can beat me in a companion duel.

Asaxor
06.17.2019 , 03:45 AM | #16
Actually I have had that happen, and they didn't win. I've even done it to other people using my scoundrel and shadow. But when done to me they haven't been able to defeat me before my companion wakes up. I can still interrupt, stun and delay them long enough for my companion to get in the fight. If they put their rank 50 companion on damage and then mez mine, then yes I would concede I should go down pretty quickly. But I guess all the ones that have tried it so far have still had their comp on healing, which means I'm effectively still going 1v1 and just need to stay alive long enough for comp to revive. Easy.
Except they could just re-mezz your companion. Did you know the merc/sorc mezzes run for a minute, yet have only a ~52s (with alacrity) cd? Yes, that means they can mezz your companion permanently and your skank tank can do nothing about it.

Ttoilleekul
06.17.2019 , 04:19 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Asaxor View Post
Except they could just re-mezz your companion. Did you know the merc/sorc mezzes run for a minute, yet have only a ~52s (with alacrity) cd? Yes, that means they can mezz your companion permanently and your skank tank can do nothing about it.
Fair comment, no argument from me. No one ever seems to think of that though.

foxmob
06.17.2019 , 09:13 AM | #18
No need to be bitter just because companion duels are different tactically to WZ or 1v1 duels. You've stated that I'm wrong, I'm pretty sure I recognise your name from GSF in Darth Malgus? So feel free to come and show me that I am wrong. I have no issue being proved wrong and will happily accept it and concede that you are right if you can beat me in a companion duel.
lul GSF. dumbest waste of pvp resources in the galaxy. figures you play that.

I'm on SF.

I don't dispute that you can fudge your way through a 1v1 skanking and guarding your comp. my point is that that's not how OW works. you might find a lone stealth looking for a random gank, but OW is functionally the gree event where 2 or more ppl grp up and gut you and your companion. then you either port back to the safety of a pve instance or you call on some friends and an actual OW pvp fight breaks out for 10-60 minutes. I take it you never experienced ilum before the gree changes?

but you just go ahead and have fun organizing your little "1v1" fights with comps and calling it OW PVP.
Krack

Ttoilleekul
06.17.2019 , 11:04 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
lul GSF. dumbest waste of pvp resources in the galaxy. figures you play that.

I'm on SF.

I don't dispute that you can fudge your way through a 1v1 skanking and guarding your comp. my point is that that's not how OW works. you might find a lone stealth looking for a random gank, but OW is functionally the gree event where 2 or more ppl grp up and gut you and your companion. then you either port back to the safety of a pve instance or you call on some friends and an actual OW pvp fight breaks out for 10-60 minutes. I take it you never experienced ilum before the gree changes?

but you just go ahead and have fun organizing your little "1v1" fights with comps and calling it OW PVP.
Why you gotta be like this? Do you talk to people in real life like this? Have ever managed the art of a civil conversation? I could retort, and if it was a civil chat I would, but yeah, I think we agree on one thing, neither of us wants to talk to the other anymore.

merovejec
06.17.2019 , 11:49 PM | #20
As some people mentioned it at least brings a different kind of PVP. You have quite a few ways on how to approach this. You can be tank+healer, dps+dps, dps+healer etc. There are different companions, some are stronger, some weaker etc. There is also the possibility to use heroic moment and Unity.

So I would leave it as it is.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 69015